• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's face it, Brawl = Next Mario Party, huge dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Well I haven't been following Peach much, but I've been told that her KO power has improved with her side and up smash, as well as her Peach Bomber becoming viable as an attacking move, and her dash attack being better for its multi-hit properties which will make it good against powershielding characters.
I have no idea what that means but I know it must be good :laugh:

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Wow, WOW! I don't know wether I should cry or laugh now.

HONESTLY GUYS.

This guy has his own opinion. ITS HIS OPINION RIGHT?

If you say he sucks just because he thinks SSBB sucks, don't you think you're just like him? I mean, hey, you're not accepting his opinion, I mean HEY... whats the average age here anyways lol?

Yeah, call me noob now, but I've never played Brawl so far since it's not coming out here in Germany till June or something (I'm still pissed 'bout that btw.), but from what I've seen, it's become very slow, yeah...
So I can't say anything about the real gameplay, but from my point of view, it still rocks, and before judging it, I'm going to play it by myself, no matter how long it'll take to get it.

Well, back to those flamers... WTF is WRONG with you guys? You know, I've read through the whole topic, and almost like every post was like "STFU U SUCK GO DIE PLZ".
You say things like “no one cares bout you prick, go away now.”… still, it’s his opinion, and just because he has experienced that Brawl sucks for him doesn’t make him a badass. YOU started to flame, not him. You judge people over their posting counts. And you HONESTLY say something about being mature? Oh, please.

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682

HONESTLY GUYS.

If you say he sucks just because he thinks SSBB sucks, don't you think you're just like him? I mean, hey, you're not accepting his opinion, I mean HEY... whats the average age here anyways lol?

Yeah, call me noob now, but I've never played Brawl so far since it's not coming out here in Germany till June or something (I'm still pissed 'bout that btw.), but from what I've seen, it's become very slow, yeah...
So I can't say anything about the real gameplay, but from my point of view, it still rocks, and before judging it, I'm going to play it by myself, no matter how long it'll take to get it.

Well, back to those flamers... WTF is WRONG with you guys? You know, I've read through the whole topic, and almost like every post was like "STFU U SUCK GO DIE PLZ".
You say things like “no one cares bout you prick, go away now.”… still, it’s his opinion, and just because he has experienced that Brawl sucks for him doesn’t make him a badass. YOU started to flame, not him. You judge people over their posting counts. And you HONESTLY say something about being mature? Oh, please.
THANK YOU.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I'm VERY glad they removed Wave Dashing and L-Canceling. Like someone else said in here, it wasn't on purposely made to be used in Melee..

=S-A=

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
I agree with a lot of your feelings towards how Brawl has been changed when you look at Melee, but I think you're missing the point. Brawl is NOT Melee, nor was it intended to be a "souped-up, better" version of Melee. Nintendo is trying hard to make this a game that not only hardcore players can like, but also fun and engaging for more casual gamers...which is where the fun is at. Winning can be fun, yes, but I love how Brawl has the ability to want anyone, not just gamers, to play it. That, to me, is fun; being able to chill with ppl and have some good, clean, oh-my-god-drop-the-competitiveness fun.

As for it being slower, I personally feel it's now turned into more of a mindgame flavor of Smash. If anything, we as a community will start getting used to the timing of how Brawl flows; after that will be the "fast" players and pros that we now have for Melee. I'm not saying it will be apparent any time soon; I'm just saying it's gonna take time. Until then, we should be having fun, sharing the fun that is Brawl and being happy that Nintendo came out with such an awesome and deep game for us to enjoy.

EggSucker

Smash Cadet
Canada - Somewhere cold Mains: Yoshi, Pikachu, F
I agree with a lot of your feelings towards how Brawl has been changed when you look at Melee, but I think you're missing the point. Brawl is NOT Melee, nor was it intended to be a "souped-up, better" version of Melee. Nintendo is trying hard to make this a game that not only hardcore players can like, but also fun and engaging for more casual gamers...which is where the fun is at. Winning can be fun, yes, but I love how Brawl has the ability to want anyone, not just gamers, to play it. That, to me, is fun; being able to chill with ppl and have some good, clean, oh-my-god-drop-the-competitiveness fun.

As for it being slower, I personally feel it's now turned into more of a mindgame flavor of Smash. If anything, we as a community will start getting used to the timing of how Brawl flows; after that will be the "fast" players and pros that we now have for Melee. I'm not saying it will be apparent any time soon; I'm just saying it's gonna take time. Until then, we should be having fun, sharing the fun that is Brawl and being happy that Nintendo came out with such an awesome and deep game for us to enjoy.
Well said. I think Sakurai wanted to make it a fun game for everyone to enjoy, either it be competitively or just casual gaming. It's a game for everyone, I think he tried hard and pulled out a pretty impressive game.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master

HONESTLY GUYS.

So wait a minute, you're getting all fired up because he's entitled to his opinion, right?

Well our opinion is that his opinion is premature or incorrect. See what I did there?

Also, I hate this kind of post. You are adding absolutely NOTHING constructive to the argument while trying to sound cool and apathetic.

madcow3000ca

Smash Rookie
First of all, I am a huge Nintendo fanboy. I am older than many of you and have owned almost every Nintendo console: SNES, N64, GC, Wii, even 2 gamesboys, and I've played almost every franchise game Nintendo has ever made. I also have an Xbox360 for online sports games/COD4.

Lets face is, Nintendo makes the BEST games. Period. With Nintendo you get a very high quality product. I trusted in Nintendo all these years, and they NEVER disappointed.

Me and my 6 roommates play Melee like a sport. We even have our own weekly power-rankings.
I had briefly played the Japanese version of the game before, but tonight confirmed what I already knew.

Brawl is a failure in my eyes. Its a good game, in fact it's very fun, and it will garner great rankings from nearly every site. This isn't meant to be a troll/bait thread, I truly feel this way, and I'm sure that anyone that loves Melee will feel the same way. This game just makes me sad. I don't think I will play it anymore personally. Sure it has slightly better graphics, but its the gameplay that suffers.

Brawl is just another Mario Party. Its a fun multi-player game, nothing more, nothing less.

-The game is so slow now that its almost a joke
-Skill components have been removed (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc.)
-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.
-You guard the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost
-Great combo's = gone because of slow free fall

I am sure there are others like me out there...I've been on this board many times as a lurker, but tonight I had to join to voice my disgust. I don't know about you guys, but I'll be playing Melee for a LONG time to come. Also please don't say I'm judging the game too early, because I Played the Japense one before too.

Smash+Nintendo run In my blood, and please don't judge me or my credibility by my post count. Most of my roommates like it, to my suprise, but I want to see if anyone else is on my side..
I don't know who makes a better arguement a 6 year old or you. Your name says it all "NintendoFailedWithBrawl". I just stopped reading right there. Clearly your a spammer and nothing more. The skilled moves you called in melee were bugs that were never fixed. Oh ya news story. Guarding the Edge is part of the game. You must suck badly if you don't do all you can to win including guarding the edge. Oh yes and i'd like to point out you spelt Japanese Wrong clearly that says something lol. I hope the forum mods close this post because its disgusting. You pretty much said what people knew about Brawl, but thats why the game is Brawl and not Melee. It's a different game and I think its a big improvement over Melee.

Oh yes and I'd like to point out that all this guys posts were between 4 am and 5:30 am so gg troll.

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
Too many flamers :\ I'm leaving this topic, whatever it is, I appreciate anyone's opinion as long as they don't flame like idiots. I understand the ones who are disappointed like me, and ones that are not and like the game as it is.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
So wait a minute, you're getting all fired up because he's entitled to his opinion, right?

Well our opinion is that his opinion is premature or incorrect. See what I did there?
Wait 2 minutes.

Having an own opinion isn't bad at all, but telling someone that he's a ******** just for having another, or, as you said, "incorrect" opinion is simply stupid. Theres no need to flame at him personally just because he's stating things literate.

Yeah, it's either very brave or very dumb to post a thread like this in here since this is THE Smash-Fanboy-Hell, but hey, he wanted to discuss and not to get his opinion bashed by hundreds of people who disagree with him. Like I said, I'm not going to join the discussion about the game sucking or not, not now, maybe one day when I get my copy of SSBB, since I'd get bashed by other jerks telling me I'm a noob and I have to shut up and stuff, so I'm just stating that it's not particularly right to judge over a persons opinion.

I have 2 options now.

Either cry or laugh about all those intolerating kids who whine and fame about someone who states his opinion. I prefer laughing even though I think this is sad, very sad.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Edit: Perhaps that was harsh.

OP, if you are indeed not trolling, then you simply have to wait to give the game some time to grow on you. Smash Bros Brawl would not have a metacritic average of 96 if it was not better than every other game in its series. And if you are trolling, as I have assumed based on your username and registration date, then politely GO AWAY.
The game's one of the most hyped games of the decade and the Casual community loves it for its fanservice. How many of the reviewers whose reviews count on Metacritic are competitive players?

For one thing, the IGN article is clearly written by a Casual gamer. So is every other review I've read so far. Never once do they delve into the Competitive aspect. It's not wrong, they're supposed to write reviews for the average gamer (who happens to play Smash casually) and they're themselves Casual gamers, but to say "Hey! X-magazine game the game 10/10!" tells us nothing about its depth as a fighting game.

The game can be the best thing since sliced bread for Casual gaming, yet be so-so in terms of Competitive gaming.

I'm sick and tired of people beating down people for happening to dislike Brawl or at least think Brawl could've been better. It's as if we're offending the fanboys who blindly want to believe Brawl is a revolutionizing game better than anything that ever came before it. No one ever gets flamed for ludicrous statements like "This is the bes t game in the world!" or "This game is perfect!" (we all know this isn't true), but say anything negative and there will be people flaming and quasi-trolling you ("Who cares what you think?" "You're wrong!" "You suck!").

Sure, the Op wasn't all good. I disagree with a few things. But it's his opinion. If Brawl is so good, point out why it's so good to him instead of flaming him for no reason other than that you're a fanboy.

Sure, Brawl has grown in my eyes over the past few weeks, but it's still got a long way to go and a lot of issues to sort out. Anyone who's not a blind fanboy can see that.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
This topic has been hijacked is now about robot kemo
http://totemv.deviantart.com/art/fox-sword-13882560

But seriously, it's always the same. Someone whines about having to adjust to a new playstyle, people try to explain to them what they should be focussing on, and then a bunch of other guys who think they're cool come flooding in and complain about "opinions" and "flaming".

As Gease would have it, so predictabawwww...

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
The game's one of the most hyped games of the decade and the Casual community loves it for its fanservice. How many of the reviewers whose reviews count on Metacritic are competitive players?

For one thing, the IGN article is clearly written by a Casual gamer. So is every other review I've read so far. Never once do they delve into the Competitive aspect. It's not wrong, they're supposed to write reviews for the average gamer (who happens to play Smash casually) and they're themselves Casual gamers, but to say "Hey! X-magazine game the game 10/10!" tells us nothing about its depth as a fighting game.

The game can be the best thing since sliced bread for Casual gaming, yet be so-so in terms of Competitive gaming.

I'm sick and tired of people beating down people for happening to dislike Brawl or at least think Brawl could've been better. It's as if we're offending the fanboys who blindly want to believe Brawl is a revolutionizing game better than anything that ever came before it. No one ever gets flamed for ludicrous statements like "This is the bes t game in the world!" or "This game is perfect!" (we all know this isn't true), but say anything negative and there will be people flaming and quasi-trolling you ("Who cares what you think?" "You're wrong!" "You suck!").

Sure, the Op wasn't all good. I disagree with a few things. But it's his opinion. If Brawl is so good, point out why it's so good to him instead of flaming him for no reason other than that you're a fanboy.

Sure, Brawl has grown in my eyes over the past few weeks, but it's still got a long way to go and a lot of issues to sort out. Anyone who's not a blind fanboy can see that.
Yuna, I love you. Just for posting that. And for rocking hard. *thumbs up*

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The thing about this kind of topic is this: the OP posts an opinion in order to express his views on a particular topic. Now the ONLY on topic discussion would be to discuss this opinion, either agreeing with it or disagreeing.

if you agree with it, it goes on as fine. However, the minute somebody disagrees, then they've challanged that person's opinion and you get a bunch of people coming in and throwing around the usual "entitled to opinion" rot.

So really, the only thing you can do in a topic like this is agree, or else you'll be a flaming jerk, but if everybody doesn't post or just agrees, then there's no point in said opinion being expressed in the first place since it will just end up going round and round.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
My tip: stick to the high-gravity mode until Brawl has got a well developed gameplay.
Enjoy having a limited cast because high gravity mode screws up certain character's second jumps, and having to adjust to the new metagame all over again once Brawl reaches maximum output.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
My tip: stick to the high-gravity mode until Brawl has got a well developed gameplay.
>_> If you do that expecting Brawl to eventually have well developed competitive gameplay, then wouldn't you be better off trying to take part in developing that gameplay?

TeenLink2D

Smash Cadet
Woah, Yuna pretty much said what I wanted to say.

Well, all I'm going to say to the creator is since you like competitive gameplay and fast gameplay, you should either play on high-gravity mode, go back to Melee or (and best) find a new competitive inside Brawl. Sure It's alittle bit slower, but you have to work with what you pay for.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Woah, Yuna pretty much said what I wanted to say.

Well, all I'm going to say to the creator is since you like competitive gameplay and fast gameplay, you should either play on high-gravity mode, go back to Melee or (and best) find a new competitive inside Brawl. Sure It's alittle bit slower, but you have to work with what you pay for.
slower, more observant and counter-centric gameplay can be just as fun as super fast twitchfests. I mean look at BlazBlue. Slower than Guilty Gear, but looks to be a TON more fun to play or watch.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The thing about this kind of topic is this: the OP posts an opinion in order to express his views on a particular topic. Now the ONLY on topic discussion would be to discuss this opinion, either agreeing with it or disagreeing.

if you agree with it, it goes on as fine. However, the minute somebody disagrees, then they've challanged that person's opinion and you get a bunch of people coming in and throwing around the usual "entitled to opinion" rot.

So really, the only thing you can do in a topic like this is agree, or else you'll be a flaming jerk, but if everybody doesn't post or just agrees, then there's no point in said opinion being expressed in the first place since it will just end up going round and round.
To disagree with =/= Flaming

It's not that they disagree, it's how they express themselves.

Yuna:
"Why hello thar. I think you're wrong because so, so, so, so. I completely disagree! Have you really played this game?" (biting sarcasm)
Flamer:
You suck! I hate you! How dare you speak negatively of this game?! Go to Hell!
Random weakling:
I disagree.

See the three different kinds of responses? While mine's kinda harsh, it's not yet flaming. And I also elaborate on why I think someone should change their mind instead of simply saying "You're wrong!".

I mean, how many people actually said "You're approaching the game the wrong way. Here's some tips." instead of "Go away!"?

It's all fine and dandy to disagree with people. We're not all alike. Also, meaningful discussion seldom arises from 29 people agreeing completely. It arises when people disagree and then debate about it.

However, a lot of the posts in this thread don't open up for debating. They're simply flames from fanboys who are upset someone had the gall to criticize their hyped-up game (most of them haven't even played the game yet, even).

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
If you're older than the rest of us, then you must know what change feels like. Suck it up, k?

Yes the game is slower, but it's time to adjust and adapt. The game hasn't been out that long yet. It might grow on you. Give it time.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
If he want Brawl to be like Melee, let him have it his way.
Why would that be a bad thing? Melee was a great game. Brawl is supposed to be a new game, but it's also a sequel, and as a sequel shouldn't it take everything that was great about its predecessor and build on it?

He's just saying that some of the good components of Melee didn't carry over - like reasonable hitstun that allowed for great combos, fast, energetic, exciting gameplay and options that allowed you to improve your game. All things you'd reasonably want in this game, all valid arguments for why a person would dislike a game that didn't have these things.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
BAAAAAWWW NO ADVANCED TECHS HELP IM GONA DAI

Get over it, tourney***. It's whiny people like you that can make this place so dang terrible.

Skybent

Smash Cadet
when melee first came out people didnt look at it as a "competitive" game... but over time techniques were discovered and whatnot.
just give it time and quit being impatient.
in time itll all catch on.

and wtf they just had a tourney for it so if your so much of a competetive player then why didnt you enter that????

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
when melee first came out people didnt look at it as a "competitive" game... but over time techniques were discovered and whatnot.
just give it time and quit being impatient.
in time itll all catch on.

and wtf they just had a tourney for it so if your so much of a competetive player then why didnt you enter that????
O RLY? And you know this for a fact?

They had a crummy tournament on Time with Wiimotes and Starting Roster only with all items on high or something. I can fully understand if he didn't want to go to such a tournament.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Mario Party is a compilation of mini-games divided up by a long and tedious board game. If the only comparison between Mario Party and Brawl you can make is, "It's a fun multi-player game, no more, no less.", then I really don't see how it's like Mario Party. If people are criticizing this post for being a troll like post, not to mention it's the soul reason you joined the board, I can't really blame them. Everybody's allowed to have and voice an opinion, but if I went around voicing that I worship Hitler, I don't think it would fly well around here no matter how much evidence I have to back the idea up that he's great.

I really think you should give the game a second take.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Let's face it, you didn't play enough ! ;)

I thought the same thing about SSBB at beginning : It's slow, just for fun, for kids...

But I played a week (because i love the Smash Games :p), and I discovered many new technicals moves ! They are new chaingrab, more fight in Air, Moves out of shield, etc... If you look at some technical thread or combos, you probably will more convainced ;)

Lag

Smash Journeyman
To OP:

Don't like Brawl (or any sort of game)? Don't play it.

Like a game (Melee in your case)?
Play it.

Simple Thinking/Common Sense/Logic/etc.

OkThxBai.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I dont see why people want like to compare this to melee so much and then call it something stupid like an epic fail.

This game is NOT melee, people have said this before and people will say it again. Brawl is a different game. It has changed and you need to either change with it or stick with melee, moaning about how you think it sucks to people who don't care about your inability to embrasse change.

My theory is that people are afraid, afraid that all the time they spent on getting good at melee has been wasted because they can't do half the stuff in Brawl. The thing is, nobody is forcing them to play Brawl, plent of people will find it too different to play and will continue to play Melee, others will see it as a new challenge. Either way there is no need to troll the game because you dont like what they have done to it, they made the changes for a reason, I for one am glad that its not a 'melee 2.0' I think i would get bored a lot faster if the only thing changed was a few more characters and stages.

Eggm

Smash Hero
This game cant be ruined if it's just "to slow" or got no wavedahing s*it
It IS about fun, the game IS made for making fun. and if you dont think its fun, then don't play it!
The games mad fun as a for fun game. I think the OP was talking about how it is as a competitive game, as this is a competitive forum. I don't think anyone in the world argues its not a good for fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom