• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's face it, Brawl = Next Mario Party, huge dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is Way better than mellee in every way. Brawls speed is soooo easy to get used to and if u didnt get used to it by now u have problems

Legionnaire

Smash Rookie
This is to everyone who said Brawl is not Melee 2.0; thank you for making the most intelligent statement in this entire thread. :)

EDIT: I am a very serious Halo player, but this really relates to the change from Halo 2 to Halo 3, everyone reacted the same way. A lot of players started getting angry and they started saying Bungie "screwed" everything up, just because the game wasn't as fast paced or made just to their own personal standards. When you think about it the company has to make money, so they have to design the game to a wider variety of players. A good plus about the change from Melee to Brawl is that Brawl is actually an extremely amazing game right off the bat, Halo 3 had to be changed a lot to fit the liking of competitive gamers.

I am just hoping everyone can be a little more open-minded and accept Brawl for what it is, a great game.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I have to admit they wasted too much time and effort in the stupid emissary and stickers... Its just way too long... If only they had put less stages and more fights among the characters like in melee it would have been better.

I first played through classic and SSE and classic was pathetic on normal... When i went to brawl i was like "ZOMFG i wanna choose 4 chars like in the SSE"

but nooooo there is no upgrade in the multiplayer... I still had hope that i just couldn't find it or that it was unlockable or something but i haven't heard of that... I hope i'm wrong, if i am please tell me.

This game took soooooooo long to make so many ****ing delays and they forgot to implement that in the most important aspect of brawl... Sakurai is a fool.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
"True smashers will love this game no matter what."
and a true patriot will love his country no matter what. yup. very smart and open minded.

it was completely unnecessary to downgrade competitive play. doing so will affect all competitive players, while keeping the speed to melee's standards won't negatively affect casual play

oh well, there's always high gravity mode

smashbot226

Smash Master
I LIKED it, no Melee for sure.

It could have used some polishing, like decloning characters and actually making character choices COUNT for something in SSE.

It COULD'VE been better, but it's still pretty good.

Fletch

Smash Master
same. People should have seen it coming that brawl wasn't going to be like melee.
No one cares that it isn't like Melee. People care that it is basically a slowed-down, less techy version of Melee. If anything, it's similar to Melee, only watered down.

Yes, this is near the start of the topic, but QFT.

True smashers will love this game no matter what. Obviously this game is marketed towards more casual gamers. No wonder the people who I find on random really suck.
No they won't. Like I said before, they took a great game engine and made it way too simple.

Brawl is Way better than mellee in every way. Brawls speed is soooo easy to get used to and if u didnt get used to it by now u have problems
You provided a lot of food reasoning for thinking Brawl is better. The speed isn't that big of an issue, although it just simply deters from game-play once again.

This is to everyone who said Brawl is not Melee 2.0; thank you for making the most intelligent statement in this entire thread. :)

EDIT: I am a very serious Halo player, but this really relates to the change from Halo 2 to Halo 3, everyone reacted the same way. A lot of players started getting angry and they started saying Bungie "screwed" everything up, just because the game wasn't as fast paced or made just to their own personal standards. When you think about it the company has to make money, so they have to design the game to a wider variety of players. A good plus about the change from Melee to Brawl is that Brawl is actually an extremely amazing game right off the bat, Halo 3 had to be changed a lot to fit the liking of competitive gamers.

I am just hoping everyone can be a little more open-minded and accept Brawl for what it is, a great game.
Maybe you meant most obvious statement in the entire thread. NO ONE CARES THAT IT ISN'T MELEE 2.0. We care because it's more like Melee 1/2. I don't play Halo, but it's a completely different genre, and I don't think it would really apply. Most the competitives are upset again because even though Smash will now appeal to a larger audience, it has cost the depth of what could have been a much better game. I'm trying to be open-minded right now, but it currently pains me to play Brawl with all its limitations.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Legionnaire you're not legionnaire from SCBW are you? LOL Either way I like how nobody has responded to my long unbiased post negatively, it's only ignored and people keep posting "Brawl is Way better than mellee in every way. Brawls speed is soooo easy to get used to and if u didnt get used to it by now u have problems" LOL

Seriously, it's like arguing with Christians.

"God probably doesn't exist because **names facts**"
"NOO GOD EXISTS. FAITH. HAVE FAITH."

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
What else would you expect them to say, religion is not supposed to be logical.

And yeah, I guess all I have is support also. Fill the post out and it'll be a good reference.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
Legionnaire you're not legionnaire from SCBW are you? LOL Either way I like how nobody has responded to my long unbiased post negatively, it's only ignored and people keep posting "Brawl is Way better than mellee in every way. Brawls speed is soooo easy to get used to and if u didnt get used to it by now u have problems" LOL

hahaha lol QFT

BloodTide

Smash Rookie
the only thing thats wrong with brawl is the fact that they should of had 89546738 characters in it i know we all wish some characters were in it and some that are in now shouldnt of been in it. o yeah and that **** tripping thing when you dash. those are the only 2 things wrong with brawl.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface

Lol.. That was funny.... My thing is that we have done this dance already. How long will we continue to do it? Mind you, I do agree with your unbiased opinion, but there's no changing what has already taken place. Also, it is a well known fact (and i'm sure that this is documented somewhere) that nintendo knows exactly how to take something great and full of potential and just make it totally ghey *AHEM* Gamecube* WiFi*cough cough* excuse me. Lets jus pick up the pieces of our hearts and move on.

Deft

Smash Cadet
zero suit samus is so badass. and snake has all sorts of potential for interesting gameplay. if you wish the game was faster play as sonic. if you want a very unique experience, play as olimar!

if you want to ***** and moan, play melee.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, Melee was perfect apart from the wave dashing. Pretty much EVERYONE wanted Melee. 2.0

Why fix something that isnt broken?

I've played Brawl lots, and it's just annoying. Everything. The tripping, the stupid floaty air and the unbalanced ****ing characters.

The games a joke, a joke.

nutinurmacaroni

Smash Rookie
Your the one who fails
You make an account just to post this thread, stop discouraging people ok accept the changes what about n64 nobody cried when it changed to melee (even though n64 was not popular)
The bad thing about supposedly hardcore nintendo fans like you is that you complain too much about everything, face it you suck. And seriously who cares about wavedashing for me Im glad its gone so dont whine about it.
No one cares about your underrated opinion of the game
You freakin Brawl groupies make me sick. He posted his opinions about the game and you're gonna tell him that he sucks? Grow up man. Brawl SHOULD NOT be considered a SMASH game, it's just a BUY ME BECAUSE I LOOK COOL AND I'M PART OF THE SMASH BROS FRANCHISE game. and you are a prime example of an underrated opinion (it seems like you wanted people to back you up or say "yeah, what he said!"). He said nothing that derogative about the game to deserve that kind of response. He probably even sugar-coated it with the whole 'it's still fun' part. I may be a hypocrite but I'm sorry your negative and generally unintelligent words have made me extremely aggravated.

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
You freakin Brawl groupies make me sick. He posted his opinions about the game and you're gonna tell him that he sucks? Grow up man. Brawl SHOULD NOT be considered a SMASH game, it's just a BUY ME BECAUSE I LOOK COOL AND I'M PART OF THE SMASH BROS FRANCHISE game. and you are a prime example of an underrated opinion (it seems like you wanted people to back you up or say "yeah, what he said!"). He said nothing that derogative about the game to deserve that kind of response. He probably even sugar-coated it with the whole 'it's still fun' part. I may be a hypocrite but I'm sorry your negative and generally unintelligent words have made me extremely aggravated.
AGENT POT, CALLING AGENT KETTLE. AGENT POT CALLING AGENT KETTLE.

I READ YOU, AGENT POT. WHAT'S THE WORD?

CODE BLACK. I REPEAT. CODE BLACK.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
First of all, I am a huge Nintendo fanboy. I am older than many of you and have owned almost every Nintendo console: SNES, N64, GC, Wii, even 2 gamesboys, and I've played almost every franchise game Nintendo has ever made. I also have an Xbox360 for online sports games/COD4.

Lets face is, Nintendo makes the BEST games. Period. With Nintendo you get a very high quality product. I trusted in Nintendo all these years, and they NEVER disappointed.

Me and my 6 roommates play Melee like a sport. We even have our own weekly power-rankings.
I had briefly played the Japanese version of the game before, but tonight confirmed what I already knew.

Brawl is a failure in my eyes. Its a good game, in fact it's very fun, and it will garner great rankings from nearly every site. This isn't meant to be a troll/bait thread, I truly feel this way, and I'm sure that anyone that loves Melee will feel the same way. This game just makes me sad. I don't think I will play it anymore personally. Sure it has slightly better graphics, but its the gameplay that suffers.

Brawl is just another Mario Party. Its a fun multi-player game, nothing more, nothing less.

-The game is so slow now that its almost a joke
-Skill components have been removed (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc.)
-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.
-You grab the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost
-Great combo's = gone because of slow free fall
-You can airdodge continuously
-Disastrous and awkward load times

I am sure there are others like me out there...I've been on this board many times as a lurker, but tonight I had to join to voice my disgust. I don't know about you guys, but I'll be playing Melee for a LONG time to come. Also please don't say I'm judging the game too early, because I Played the Japense one before too.

Smash+Nintendo run In my blood, and please don't judge me or my credibility by my post count. Most of my roommates like it, to my suprise, but I want to see if anyone else is on my side..
YouFailedWithTrollThread!

1/10 4chan rating
7/10 smashboards rating

This has been done already here about 3 times already.

GTFO!

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Say what you must, opinions are just that, what you think. To the people who are badgering, he doesnt like the game, so what? Let him wallow in his hating of it.

phoenix67042

Smash Cadet
LoL! WOW!!! this is awesome!......here we have a guy stating his "opinion" on Brawl, then we have these "new people" coming on and backing him up.......i smell a troll, kinda like on tabula rasa, when people stated their "opinion" when they just got off on pissing people off.....so I'm gonna ask you the same thing that I asked them....Why the hell do you come on to a Smash Brothers forum and state your "opinion" about a smash game "sucking"? oh and IF Mr. "nutinurmacaroni," who I'm quoting here, isn't actually the OP'er I have a question for you......Who needs to grow up? First your name is appalling, second, I find the only people that use CAPS are either little kids who don't know how to use the bold button or the underline OR someone that just wants to see some people trying to have fun, being pissed off..............so in my honest opinion, Brawl is a badass game that fixed the broken Melee and that you "trolls" are NOT FUNNY and should know better than to go on a smash board to bash a smash game itself......

Legionnaire

Smash Rookie
Fletcher it sounds like you want Melee to be the competitive game and not Brawl, but it won't be, everyone has to move on even if you like it or not. The ship is going to sail and you can be on it or not. Also me applying the move from Halo 2 to Halo 3 compared Melee to Brawl have a lot to do with each other, my comparison was about some people in the community complaining about how the game is "ruined" or slowed down and just not as good as the previous game, but in the end they are going to move onto Brawl being the new competitive game whether you like it or not, as they did with Halo 3.

Edit: It sounds like you are speaking for the entire community, which isn't a good idea, because a lot of people would disagree with what you are saying. It has only been a couple days since the US release and even if you count the Japanese release it still hasn't been that long, give it some time and I'm sure you'll fall in love. We still have time to find some advanced techniques, so you and your "competitives" can have a game to fit your every standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom