• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's do this! Little lag for falco anyone?

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
Ok, so falco players want to be punished as little as possible for their own attacks. I say that in this thread we list down moves that cut down lag time when attacking or comboing. For example Blad01 listed in an earlier thread that he would normally fair and silent laser to punish his opponents (they, thinking that the lag from falco's moves would be punished). Please, list any moves similar. And sorry if there is already another thread like this.

The Idealist

Smash Cadet
Hmm... well I can't contribute anything unfortunatly but I do hate the Fair lag, but it is my fault for short-hopping it. Hah. A silent lazer right after, that sounds sneaky and a smart way for falco to cover his ***. nice tip if i could do silent lazer. haha

erick gm14

Smash Ace
its kinda easy, do a normal jump and fair immediately when you jump and mash the b button. should work 100% when you get it down...

of course this helps eliminate the lag after falco's fair and pop in a silent laser.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Virtually none of Falco's aerials really have any sort of lag when short hopped, as most auto cancel. Even when fast falled, the lag is negligible. His ground game is where the lag is, so I prefer to keep my ground game lately to chain grabs, tilts, and up smash.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... well I can't contribute anything unfortunatly but I do hate the Fair lag, but it is my fault for short-hopping it. Hah. A silent lazer right after, that sounds sneaky and a smart way for falco to cover his ***. nice tip if i could do silent lazer. haha
Why can't you Autocancel with his Fair?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I often use Falco's dair asap out of my sh. It's not the lag I'm trying to avoid (it's not that much anyways), it's because I can actually hit people while ascending and usually sweetspot it as well. However, Falco can't use anything else after the dair even if you use it asap. Does this make it kinda pointless to use dair asap out of a SH?

Nair has next to no lag upon landing, does this make it beneficial to ff the nair so the last hit doesn't hit? The last hit sends your opponent flying away, so ff to cancel the last hit could allow Falco to potentially combo out of it. I'm not sure how much hitstun the weaker hits have, so it may not be a true combo. Usually, any move you would follow it with would end the combo as well.

BEES

Smash Lord
N-air is your friend. Throw in a laser before or after. Very little laser lag if you fire in the air and land.

On the ground, f-tilt, d-tilt, neutral A jab

Top Bottom