• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Let's begin the operation." Trauma Center Support Thread

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yeah I don't feel like fancying up the OP this time sue me

This here is a thread for general Trauma Center/Team content support in Smash, be it a playable character (like Derek Stiles), or miscellaneous content like music, a Mii costume or two, or spirits.

Q: What is Trauma Center?

A: From Wikipedia: Trauma Center is a series of simulation/visual novel games where players assume the role of a surgeon in a fictional hospital setting to save patients from fictional pathological conditions. It is developed and published by Atlus and currently owned by Sega.

The series makes players treat disease or injury using surgical instruments and suturing (and in the case of the first few games, the "Healing Touch", a fictional superhuman ability which, according to Greek mythology, descended from Asclepius, the god of medicine). A recurring theme throughout the series is the protagonist's trials of treating bioterrorism victims. The plotlines are considered to be medical dramas. These games are designed to make use of the Nintendo DS' touch screen and the Wii's Motion sensing and pointing features, being exclusively released on those systems.

Q: What's the appeal of the series?

A: When people think about visual novels on the DS with fun side gameplay elements, you'd think of Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk, and Trauma Center, among others. The TC games also have engaging stories about biological warfare and unknown viruses. In a perfect world, I'd like Derek Stiles to be playable, but any kind of TC content would be awesome.

(Idk I'll add more to this later if u got any suggestions hmu)

Supporters:
1. Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
2. GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
...nobody else here remembers TC? Not even the concept of Derek or CR-S01 playable in Smash?

:c

for what it’s worth I have Trauma Center Content as a nomination in the Character Exploration Thread, look forward to it

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah, I guess it makes sense that they stopped after the low sales of TT but the Switch is like the perfect console to try again, it has a huge install base and the classic Nintendo control weirdness that makes these games tick.

Maybe with Sega trying to revive old franchises, and the success that other games in the genre have had, it'll be Trauma Center's turn soon. If Cooking Mama and Brain Age can come back, why not TC?

Top Bottom