• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
We still got 3 / 4 months before release, of course they still have more stage / characters in store to show. They can't just "ok that's it folks ! See you in 4 months !". It's Smash, gotta keep that hype going till release !
Nice optimism! But nothing anywhere confirms this in any way. That said, I don't think we're done with new stages either, but it's a possibility we shouhld all brace for.

We know for a fact we're not done w/ characters.

Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 hailfire peaks is a B&K stage

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I don't see Rex making it in. At least in base game.

Spring man maybe? But then again Sakurai wants to make fans happy first, then have additional characters.

DLC is going to come through, newer faces may come from that

Sakurai said, we plan on showing off all the fighters before release
we have a few more
few is 3 and above,
worst we can get is 2 echoes one new fighter
Unless he does not count echos taking up new fighter spots

There is going to be more staages, I didn't hear, 103 is the limit for stages
I'm assuming there will be a perfect square of stages. So we are due for 6 more.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He's right. Not only that, but Sakurai doesnt have that many "Nintendo owned" characters to choose from in Smash bros.

If you look at this, you'll see something interesting.

Melee:

Ice climbers
Marth (FE)
Mr Game and Watch

Brawl:

Pit (Kid Icarus)
Wario (WarioWare) ( i know he's a mario character, but Wario is mostly based on his Warioware version.)
Olimar (Pikmin)
Rob

4:

Villager (Animal Crossing)
Wii Fit trainer
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Mii Fighter
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Duck Hunt Duo

(I'm not counting 3rd party because they arent owned by Nintendo)

Now let's see ultimate:

Inkling (Ultimate)

See something? There has always been 3 or more brand new franchise Representative characters.

I get that Sakurai isn't going to have as many characters, but certainly not below melee.

Isaac seems more and more likely given that Sakurai always loves to make characters based on old franchises.

There could also be Wonderful101, Sin and Punishment, Dillion, Custom Robo, or Chibi-Robo as represntation.

But idk. Don't take my word for it. It could be false.
You can break it down further
Ice Climber - Old Series, hadn't had a new release in years
Fire Emblem - Old Series, but still running when Melee was released
Game & Watch - Historical Nintendo hardware

Kid Icarus - Old Series, hadn't had a new release in years
Wario Land - Currently running series
Wario Ware - New series
Pikmin - New series
R.O.B. - Historical Nintendo hardware

Animal Crossing- Currently running series
Wii Fit - New series
Punch-Out!! - Old series, had had a new release recently, popular in the West
Mii - New Nintendo IP
Xenoblade - New series
Duck Hunt - Old series, hadn't had a new release in years; related to Nintendo hardware

Splatoon is a New series
K. Rool is an old character from a currently running series.

Food for thought.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't really take everything from the last Direct as "Final."

I really don't believe there's just gonna be 2 Final Fantasy songs (if anything, that may be to dissuade people from expecting another Final Fantasy or Square Enix character), and obviously DLC stages and songs and characters are gonna happen.

And again, even if a character isn't confirmed in the base game, DLC always exists. So there's always hope in that regard... unless a character is flat deconfirmed via becoming a boss, stage hazard, or a part of any numerous items.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't really take everything from the last Direct as "Final."

I really don't believe there's just gonna be 2 Final Fantasy songs (if anything, that may be to dissuade people from expecting another Final Fantasy or Square Enix character), and obviously DLC stages and songs and characters are gonna happen.

And again, even if a character isn't confirmed in the base game, DLC always exists. So there's always hope in that regard... unless a character is flat deconfirmed via becoming a boss, stage hazard, or a part of any numerous items.
Exactly! If it was the final amount of stages we would of heard, that is it for all the stages in Smash Brothers Ultimate.

We are at least getting 2-3 newcomers and 2-3 echoes

If we are going off the polls, Isaac has the best shot.

It's however Sakurai, and anything can happen.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Dee being an echo really kills this leak for me. I doubt they'd relegate him to such a role with the fanbase he has and how much they've talked about how unique Dee could be as a spear fighter. On top of that, DLC being announced in November goes against Sakurai's philosophy of having a complete game before launch. Mewtwo was an exception that was almost certainly planned for the base game but had to be set aside. They barely even had a model ready.

And of course, not to mention the fact that the title of the YT video is actually correct already. There'd be no reason to change it. Shame, as I'd love every single newcomer on that list aside from Incineroar.

At least it's giving itself only a few more hours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I made an error on an earlier post. WarioWare did have Wario Land games on Smooth Moves (the debut of the series in that spinoff) and the D.I.Y. Showcase.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Also, Lloyd wasnt anywhere on that poll. ( But he did appear as an assist trophy.)

And it seems...oddly predictable.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Dee being an echo really kills this leak for me. I doubt they'd relegate him to such a role with the fanbase he has and how much they've talked about how unique Dee could be as a spear fighter. On top of that, DLC being announced in November goes against Sakurai's philosophy of having a complete game before launch. Mewtwo was an exception that was almost certainly planned for the base game but had to be set aside. They barely even had a model ready.

And of course, not to mention the fact that the title of the YT video is actually correct already. There'd be no reason to change it. Shame, as I'd love every single newcomer on that list aside from Incineroar.

>Incineroar

Okay I must be in some freakish minority, but I really want Isaac, Geno, and Incineroar, so every time I see a leak with those three on it in some capacity I try to instantly throw it out to not get my hopes up.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The leak looks fake because why would that be the Banjo stage???

There's a number of issues, but that one stood out to me for big reasons. Namely that we normally get the "most iconic" or "first level" playable from a particular series, and that Banjo stage is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from that.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Posted this in the Ultimate Discussion thread about an hour ago.

*stretches* Alright then.

Neutral B: :ultmarth:'s Shield Breaker
Side B: Hammer
Up B: :ultpeach:'s Parasol
Down B: :ultmarth:'s Counter

All his basic attacks are the same as Kirby's, all the ones that use punches instead have a Spear, to increase his range.

Bandana Dee has two fewer jumps than Kirby does (basically, he still has three, more than most).
Bandana Dee can be a Kirby clone with a little bit of creative thinking.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
"What is a leaker? Just a miserable pile of secrets"

220px-Dracula-sotn.png

No one knows anything

Loz is just trying to set up a story to make it seem like he was Nintendo "ninjaed"
Verg has went silent after the Loz fight
4chan leaks enough said

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
"What is a leaker? Just a miserable pile of secrets"

View attachment 158396

No one knows anything

Loz is just trying to set up a story to make it seem like he was Nintendo "ninjaed"
Verg has went silent after the Loz fight
4chan leaks enough said
Incorrect for one of those at least.

Verge has been around clarifying things left and right about the leaks. If you look oat his GameFAQ's and Reddit post history, you can see this. He just hasn't had any new information cross referenced

It's still just
Isabelle (Echo said by one)
Gen VII pokemon that isn't Lycanroc or Decidueye (Incineroar said by one)
Minecraft content

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Incorrect for one of those at least.

Verge has been around clarifying things left and right about the leaks. If you look oat his GameFAQ's and Reddit post history, you can see this. He just hasn't had any new information cross referenced

It's still just
Isabelle (Echo said by one)
Gen VII pokemon that isn't Lycanroc or Decidueye (Incineroar said by one)
Minecraft content

My mistake, I avoid GameFAQs like the plague, Isaac is like Hitler to that community last time I checked.

Regardless, I don't think leakers know anything atm.
They could of gotten old info.

Last edited:

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I understand that people think the stage screen being incomplete is "looking too far into it" but I don't really agree. I really feel as if they would have centered the bottom row if that was all of the stages. Whether or not the 6 stages = 6 more unique characters things is a thing, I don't know. Personally, I feel like it holds a bit of merit but that's just how I feel.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I understand that people think the stage screen being incomplete is "looking too far into it" but I don't really agree. I really feel as if they would have centered the bottom row if that was all of the stages. Whether or not the 6 stages = 6 more unique characters things is a thing, I don't know. Personally, I feel like it holds a bit of merit but that's just how I feel.
It would have taken like 5 seconds to center justify the stage select screen if that was all we were getting.

The fact that they didn't is suspicious.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I really hope for Isaac
1) He is my all time favorite character from my all time favorite series
2) I want to see him in that huge mural with all the fighters because that has to be one of the coolest things I have seen with over 70+ characters from video game history
3) ISAAC AMIIBO BABY!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Exactly this. The stage list looks "incomplete" in Melee, Brawl, Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.

The only reason it looks "complete" in Smash 64 is there are 9 stages... and a random button.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Exactly this. The stage list looks "incomplete" in Melee, Brawl, Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.

The only reason it looks "complete" in Smash 64 is there are 9 stages... and a random button.
The only one or really looked incomplete in was Smash 3DS, to be honest. Everything else was displayed in a more free-form manner.

Smash 3DS' stage screen was likely designed with DLC stages in mind as there was only like 1 "empty slot." I believe the DLC stage icon arrow thing was already in the game or at least was added very early on.

But now we have 6 free slots, so idk

KMDP

Smash Legend

Smash Ultimate's "incomplete-looking stage roster" is a completely different beast to ones like Melee, Brawl and Smash 4.

Melee's stage roster never looked incomplete to me. Same with Brawl and 4 Wii U...
The only one or really looked incomplete in was Smash 3DS, to be honest. Everything else was displayed in a more free-form manner.

Smash 3DS' stage screen was likely designed with DLC stages in mind as there was only like 1 "empty slot." I believe the DLC stage icon arrow thing was already in the game or at least was added very early on.

:ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

I feel like we are getting a few more stages with each new fighter
Isaac - maybe a lighthouse
Geno - maybe the forest
Bandana Dee - maybe king deedeedee castle
Pokemon - idk, maybe the place were you get the starter in sun and moon
Skull Kid - we already have a MM stage so the only thing I can think of is clocktown

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smash Ultimate's "incomplete-looking stage roster" is a completely different beast to ones like Melee, Brawl and Smash 4.

Melee's stage roster never looked incomplete to me. Same with Brawl and 4 Wii U...

:ultgreninja:'d
Really? Melee's looks incomplete here...

Like... it looks like there should be 1 more stage on the top left and top right. We know from early development that another Ice Climber stage (probably what wound up being The Summit) and a Fire Emblem castle stage were planned.

Plus it's... pretty odd that every franchise with a playable character gets a stage but Fire Emblem (which had 2 characters). Especially weird it got 0 stages since several franchises with 1 playable character only got 1 playable stage.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I feel like we are getting a few more stages with each new fighter
Isaac - maybe a lighthouse
Geno - maybe the forest
Bandana Dee - maybe king deedeedee castle
Pokemon - idk, maybe the place were you get the starter in sun and moon
Skull Kid - we already have a MM stage so the only thing I can think of is clocktown
The most likely existing IP's to get new stages are probably DK, Metroid, and Pokemon. DK and Metroid both had new games, no new stages, and have four stages each (Kirby has six). And Sakurai has never added a Kirby stage for the newer games.

Also, he hasn't added new stages alongside any new character so far for an existing IP. New stages would probably come for the new games, not the new characters. So a stage for Tropical Freeze, Samus Returns, or Pokemon Sun/Moon are probably the most likely if we get stages for other existing IP. I'll throw in Star Fox as well due to Zero happening and Orbital Gate Assault still being missing.

Taking everything into consideration, I think Kirby is the least likely, because it has all of its stages back already, and again, Sakurai hasn't added a stage for any Kirby game he wasn't involved in.

Like... it looks like there should be 1 more stage on the top left and top right. We know from early development that another Ice Climber stage (probably what wound up being The Summit) and a Fire Emblem castle stage were planned.

Plus it's... pretty odd that every franchise with a playable character gets a stage but Fire Emblem (which had 2 characters). Especially weird it got 0 stages since several franchises with 1 playable character only got 1 playable stage.
There is a stage called Akaneia (Japanese name for Archanea, the setting of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light), implying it was planned and scrapped. Which Sakurai seemingly stated in an interview as well.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/AKANEIA

That being said, the Melee roster centered those icons at the edge to make it look more complete. The argument being made here is that the current roster doesn't look complete because the bottom row isn't centered.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Yeah, I can see where they'd add two more stages, it's just fortuitous that two of them are missing so that the top section is still symmetrical. :laugh:

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
If we had to give an actual percentage chance what would we say is an accurate percent? Curious as to what people think realistically.
i'd say like 65% don't want to get my hopes up but this is the best he's done in a long time probably 30% him and a stage and 80% AT at the least

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If we had to give an actual percentage chance what would we say is an accurate percent? Curious as to what people think realistically.
100%. I know people might think that's insane but I really have no doubt Isaac will be in the game. The question becomes as what. I'd give him an 80% chance as playable and a 20% as an AT. Either way, Isaac will be in Ultimate.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
100%. I know people might think that's insane but I really have no doubt Isaac will be in the game. The question becomes as what. I'd give him an 80% chance as playable and a 20% as an AT. Either way, Isaac will be in Ultimate.
couldn't have said it any better myself

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I kinda agree, even if he is not in the base game, maybe as DLC?
Unless he is an AT he still has a chance.

Its only up to us his fanbase to keep the support growing if he is not in the base.

Top Bottom