• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legans New Link matches, DDD, Ganon,DK,..and yoshi

Legan

Smash Lord

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Great game versus the DDD. I loved the use of your boost smash. The vid also shows how much it sucks to be in that chain grab.

Would you happen to have any videos of Link's hardest matchups? i.e. falco, Snake, Pit, MK, etc.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
tristain, you got one of the greatest names in the smashboards

good matches dude. i love Yoshi

Forlin

Smash Cadet
First time I've seen a DAC connect in a competitive vid =o

Excluding Snake vids

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Well... hmm. I hate to sound stingy, but I think there's some room to improve.

Namely, your range game isn't very hot. You take a lot of good bow/bomb/rang spam opportunities and instead assault. Also, not always taking the second swing on your forward smash will make you less predictable (and I think let you recover faster).

The bomb's glaring weakness is how long it takes to pull out, but if you find the opportunity to do so while an enemy is out of range, immediately go into a rang or bow instead of instantly throwing it somewhere. When an enemy reacts to the first projectile, lob the bomb for a potential hit, combo, or spacing option - it gives you much more burst potential. I saw many a missed opportunity.

Link Vs Ganon

0:04 - My reaction would have been to follow up the boomerang with an arrow.
0:14 - Good use of the boomerang to get back.
0:28 - Good dodging.

Link Vs DeDeDe

0:19 - You had no sign that DDD was going to escape a third up tilt, yet you stopped.
1:23 - Ugh, too bad :urg:
2:25 - Nice sliding!

Link Vs Yoshi

2:07 - Did you just smash attack with a bomb in your hand??? New to me.
2:46 - While I don't know that i'd try it at low percentages, would it have been possible at the high percentages at the end there to Spin Attack his egg rolling? I wouldn't know.

More range spam! More videos!

Legan

Smash Lord
Great game versus the DDD. I loved the use of your boost smash. The vid also shows how much it sucks to be in that chain grab.

Would you happen to have any videos of Link's hardest matchups? i.e. falco, Snake, Pit, MK, etc.
Not at the moment, but i plan to in the near future.

Well... hmm. I hate to sound stingy, but I think there's some room to improve.

Namely, your range game isn't very hot. You take a lot of good bow/bomb/rang spam opportunities and instead assault. Also, not always taking the second swing on your forward smash will make you less predictable (and I think let you recover faster).

The bomb's glaring weakness is how long it takes to pull out, but if you find the opportunity to do so while an enemy is out of range, immediately go into a rang or bow instead of instantly throwing it somewhere. When an enemy reacts to the first projectile, lob the bomb for a potential hit, combo, or spacing option - it gives you much more burst potential. I saw many a missed opportunity.

Link Vs Ganon

0:04 - My reaction would have been to follow up the boomerang with an arrow.
0:14 - Good use of the boomerang to get back.
0:28 - Good dodging.

Link Vs DeDeDe

0:19 - You had no sign that DDD was going to escape a third up tilt, yet you stopped.
1:23 - Ugh, too bad :urg:
2:25 - Nice sliding!

Link Vs Yoshi

2:07 - Did you just smash attack with a bomb in your hand??? New to me.
2:46 - While I don't know that i'd try it at low percentages, would it have been possible at the high percentages at the end there to Spin Attack his egg rolling? I wouldn't know.

More range spam! More videos!
I agree with pretty much everything you stated here. I appreciate your specific observations on my gameplay. I gotta try the spin attack on the yoshi egg, i have no idea why I never thought of that.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Hahah I love how you try to incorporate all new Link techniques into your gameplay. Pivot Sliding F-tilt is too good. Nice job with that.

Fireblaze008

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to say kickass games today Legan. I didn't even beat you once but most of them were close except for a blowout here and there. Your mind games while im hanging on the ledge are rediculous. I fell into your trap every time. Do you have any tips for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Bah. I keep missing you when you're online. Need to get to play with ya again. You're probably the most perfectly equal matched Link player for me right now... well, if we've both been progressing at the same level.

I do like how you're using the new tricks so much though, I should try and incorporate that with my smart style play. =]

Legan

Smash Lord
I just wanted to say kickass games today Legan. I didn't even beat you once but most of them were close except for a blowout here and there. Your mind games while im hanging on the ledge are rediculous. I fell into your trap every time. Do you have any tips for me? I would greatly appreciate it.
Im not good at giving tips based off playing people. just keep practicing with me and ull catch on. You're already really good.
Bah. I keep missing you when you're online. Need to get to play with ya again. You're probably the most perfectly equal matched Link player for me right now... well, if we've both been progressing at the same level.

I do like how you're using the new tricks so much though, I should try and incorporate that with my smart style play. =]
im on now, lets spar a bit.

Awesomeasusual

Smash Cadet
Yes, you're good and all, but can we get some link matches vs amazing characters like snake and metaknight rather than heavier destined to be lower tier dudes?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Yes, you're good and all, but can we get some link matches vs amazing characters like snake and metaknight rather than heavier destined to be lower tier dudes?
Yes, because DDD and DK are absolute garbage in Brawl.

Nice vids, Legan.

Anything I would've said, has already been said. :[
I like where you're going with Link, and I like your style.

I think I need to get some vids up myself eventually.

I'll be looking forward to your progress. :D I like watching other players get better.

-Nox`

Heevar_Lewlson

Smash Cadet
On my channel (same one used to host Legan's vids) I have some matches vs. Snake and MK. Seems I only get to fight Snakes MKs and Ikes regularly ._.

Legan

Smash Lord
The people i play against play a wide variety of characters and they play them all **** well. The game hasnt been out long enough for any characters to be deemed low tier yet. Did you not even watch the DK and DDD matches? If you just focus on the same character matchups than your gunna get screwed once you come up against a low tier character played by a competent player.

Nice vids, Legan.

I'll be looking forward to your progress. :D I like watching other players get better.

-Nox`
Thanks Nox, I look forward to seeing your vids as well.

rofl owned lol

Legan is the sauce mirite?
Arkive, thanks for giving me recognition from the start. You should come to Darkrains tourney in KC on the 24th. Im gunna be there along with the St louis crew. I think viperboys gunna be at this one as well. DR will probably be providing housing as usual.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Dear god Legan, is that Ganon user the same one I played the other day? His tag was "Bleed" and I guess he was on your Wii. That guy is a freaking beast with Ganon. I 2 stocked him once but he won a good number of the matches on the last stock. X_X

Legan

Smash Lord
lol That would be my roomate, Hes not the one in the video and hes just a casual player but hes played alot with me and ive brought him to a tourney or 2.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice

Nice vids, Legan.

-Nox`
DK is mid-tier at best; he still isn't that spectacular. A good D3 can wreck people, though, so at least he got one out of his requested upper tier characters.

I got all giggly when he faced off Ganondorf; the Zelda games fanboi in me couldn't help to perceive the epicness of it.

D

Deleted member

Arkive, thanks for giving me recognition from the start. You should come to Darkrains tourney in KC on the 24th. Im gunna be there along with the St louis crew. I think viperboys gunna be at this one as well. DR will probably be providing housing as usual.
np bro u were the one that showed everybody that link can be a force to be reckoned with

is the tourney at bario smash or wat? i need directions cuz im a noob lol

Top Bottom