• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left Right (crule) wave shine

OM3N

Smash Cadet
I have normal wave shining nailed (about 9/10) but I find crule wave shining hard because I cant wavedash all the way behind the opponent in order to shine again. Does anybody have any tips or tricks on how to do this right?
Any input appreciated!

OM3N

Smash Cadet
crule waveshining is where you shine, wavedash behind of your opponent, shine, wavedash infront of your opponent, shine, wavedash behind your opponent and so on. It is an infinant if done properly. I just cant seem to get behind the opponent to shine because he gets knocked back too far.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I don't know where you got the idea of "crule" waveshining, but I've never seen it done. It is possible in doubles if your team has 2 foxes and the other team only has 1 player left, but otherwise I haven't seen it. Doesn't sound like a worthwhile tactic. Just waveshine them off the stage and shinespike, waveshine into a launcher, waveshine into a grab, or something else. Don't try "crule" waveshining..

SCOTU

Smash Hero
True. Cruel waveshining is a very slow damaging tactic not particularly worth learning. for instatnce, a drillshine>drillsine (start+one iteration of the drillshine infinite will rack up as much damage as 6-8 shines of cruel waveshining, works on more of the cast, and is similar in difficulty. That being said, i find it easiest to do by shining them, doing another shine in the same direction, and then shining them in the reverse direction. This is so you're moving while shining them so you have momentum when you waveshine and it's easier to get behind someone. Note the cruel waveshine only works on link, peach, and zelda (not sheik). I only know how to do this because i just like learning every tech trick i can because i'm like that. I don't ever use this technique.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
The cruel waveshine is a pretty useless technique like scotu said. Just do the normal waveshine, or get them up to a wall and shine them.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It's worthless because it relies heavily on your opponent ding towards you every other shine, unless you wavedash twice or walk through them... which is escapeable at that point.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
technically it's only escapable (for zelda, peach, link) if they SDI, but that's a little difficult on a shine.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I love to cruel waveshine >_>...particually on peachs...It can be a infinite combo unless they smash DI every single shine to the edge so you cannot wavedash past them but if they smashDI you can still tell which way they went and just wavedash that direction >_>. The most I've done this in tournament was for around 30% then I killed them with an upsmash >_>..It was a noob peach though XD and I would probably never try it against a better player.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know but the guy sucked so I was just screwing around LOL.

Top Bottom