• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leffen a 6th God in melee

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I consider Leften a god now. Possibly Plup, Wobbles, Axe and the like could improve and join the ranks of the gods.

NitroSSBM

The coolest Falco of all time
Well, I don't think taking out all of the 5 gods makes you a god per say. The gods were aptly named for their dominance over a long period of time. Leffen might be able to beat them all, but can he keep beating them all?
I agree, I think Leffen is a bit over hyped to be honest

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Leffen is not overhyped in my opinion. More like people cannot acknowledge him because they dislike him. (Kinda like the opposite what happens with Joseph.) I think he has proven to be at the same level as the "gods" (God I hate that word). Moreover, we are now at the era where people are finally starting to catch up with the big five, which makes Leffen's performance even more impressing.

The era of "gods" is over

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Is it?

The same top players are still winning huge tournaments all the time. "The era of gods" would be over when we start seeing other players taking tournaments, not games, off the existing gods.
The "gods" are getting beaten by non-god players now. Not long ago this was unheard of, or at least very uncommon. Leffen is a perfect example of someone who is not a god (atleast not originally) who has achieved the same status. He's merely the first one to do it. Other players have come close and are increasingly bridging the gap.

I admit that I may be too hesitant with the phrase "era of gods is over". But I do feel like that is the future we are now starting to see. Sure, the big 5 (or six if you prefer) will surely continue to take tournaments for a short while longer, but it's only a matter of time when other players start doing the same. This is because the "younger" players are more hungry than ever, partly due to the growth of the game. The "older" veterans cannot keep up with the new generation forever. Another reason to this is the fact Melee is so god-blessed intricate and difficult, and that the game continues to be pushed to it's limit. Joseph said it the best, when he explained that the actual difference in skill between the big 5 and the other top players is very small. It's just that the big 5 are little bit more consistent and do not crack under pressure.

Needless to say, I may be wrong. It may be too soon, but it's coming.

Massive

Smash Champion
Exactly, we may be witnessing the smash Ragnarok, but the big 5/6 are still incredibly dominant.

Seeing how this all plays out over the next few years is going to be super duper interesting.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
What if some no-name came out of nowhere and beat all the Gods at a national?

What would that make them?

Would he be given the title The Atheist
And his tagline would be "I don't believe in Gods *puts shades on* "

Last edited:
Top Bottom