• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Tricks (with video)

Rykard

Smash Ace
hey everyone. Because of the discussion going on on the Roy boards about the best ways to edgeguard opponents, i decided to make a video that visually demonstrated a lot of the things that came up, as well as some of my own ideas. I hope it proves to be helpful for a lot of people and inspires new ideas to come up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceQCYnED53o

also i thought the u-airs thing was necessary to include because i havent seen anybody post about that before

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I've found that the timing on the ledge hop bair is hard to get right, and you can end up killing yourself a lot. I think it's too risky to be very useful. I would much rather guard with a SH flare blade.

Rykard

Smash Ace
I've found that the timing on the ledge hop bair is hard to get right, and you can end up killing yourself a lot. I think it's too risky to be very useful. I would much rather guard with a SH flare blade.
you are absolutely right, but if you can get it down (i get it at least 85% of the time) it is really useful to use if you are already on the ledge.

i chose not to include things that you can do from the stage (ex: short hopped flare blade off the stage) cause i figured they were obvious; however, i do like to do that a lot.

i got a tournament in about 4 hours so wish me luck. I am only using roy for singles

GodFed

Smash Apprentice
Love the vid. Great ideas for varying the pace and rhythm. Had to throw in a rhythm joke with that music going on haha
When you destroy CPs, it looks pretty boss lol
Gotta say, the ledgehop uair>Fsmash was definitely my favorite, have to try that out at my next tourney.
Great stuff.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Great video. I don't really do the ledgehop reverse flare blade (without landing on the stage) because I screw it up a lot. But it seems like it could be useful (probably more than the ledgehop bair, which has less knockback).

Rykard

Smash Ace
i actually am not sure if the flare blade has more knock back when its uncharged because if you see in the demonstration, the CPU was DIing correctly and was actually getting closer to the stage with each hit.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
i actually am not sure if the flare blade has more knock back when its uncharged because if you see in the demonstration, the CPU was DIing correctly and was actually getting closer to the stage with each hit.
It's the hitstun, the computer gets out of the flareblade's knockback earlier and recovers, it's kind of like shining a Falcon up high compared to other characters, it takes a few shines to actually gimp him cuz shine doesnt cause as much hitstun to him as other characters

Top Bottom