• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Rocketing

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Any tips on how to pull it off consistently? I have trouble using it because I seem to lose the momentum before I can connect with the PK Thunder. Open to any advice or strategies for it would be nice.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I assume you mean Thundersliding?

Just time it better. Practice.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
If (s)he does mean thundersliding, then why would they wanna do it...? It's suicidal for Lucas, even though it's not for Ness...

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Thundersliding? The video I saw of it was called Rocket Ledging. It could be the title that was wrong but that's what it was called.

Levitas

the moon
Thundersliding is not suicidal provided that you don't do it from one of the 2 edges you're thinking of. It's a funny mixup that catches opponents that don't know about it offguard almost every time.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Could you do a step-by-step instruction in here?

I saw it in some videos and searched the guides for it but I couldn't really see any good explanations anywhere.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
It's where you activate your dash off a platform and when Lucas is off of the platform you immediately up B so the momentum from the dash is still activated and you connect with the up B to rocket along the main platform.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thats basically it. And the momentum pushes you into your PK thunder making the attack much quicker and surprising.

My problem with it is sometimes having the PK thunder go in the opposite direction. >_> It's useful on stages like battlefield.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Just to clarify you should be initiating up B just before you leave the platform, not after you've left it. And no it's not suicidal if you know what you're doing. It's amazing for taking care of people who've never played a good Lucas before.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
So just before I leave the ledge or as I'm on the ledge and my dash animation has just activated?

Levitas

the moon
Know what else is amazing for wrecking people who haven't played much against lucas? Luigi's mansion. This place is amazing for lucas, granted that you're not facing a metaknight, and even then it's not the end of the world.

S.D

Smash Master
As Tyr says, work on your timing so that you're initiating pk thunder JUST BEFORE/AS YOU LEAVE THE PLATFORM. If you've done it correctly, more or less just hold the direction you're going to get the right pkt2 angle (you may have to tap down to get the pkt to hit you depending on your timing).

A good way to practice is with tap jump ON. When you're learning this tap jump off may see you use a lot of pk fire at the edge of the platform. You'll get it :)

Irsic

Smash Ace
I can do it when I'm bsticking the PK Thunder, a lot more consistently. I actually did it today on Battlefield and caught Mario with the very last hit of PKT2. I was so happy. >_>

Tyr, I have a question about Brinstar. Where do you Thunderslide from on this stage? I was messing around in practice mode and half the time I just ate **** into the floor. :[ It's a really good stage for Lucas and I really like playing on it, but I'd love to make it a lot better if I can see exactly where to thunderslide from.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Thunderslide from the top platform to the left. With the right timing this will edgecancel on the other platform everytime leading into crazy PK Fire mindgames if they're on the ground level and the initial hit of PKT2 if they're standing on that platform. The platforms are much safer on Brinstar than many other maps because of its height which makes thundersliding more viable than it is on Battlefield for example where opponents tend to have the advantage against you when you're on a platform.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Alright nice, I got it to work both ways.

Took me a couple tries but I got Lucas to thunderslide down to the platform, and then glide along the ground, and he goes until the pegs near the middle of the stage.

I was practicing it until I accidentally did the edge cancelled PKT and I was like "ohhh" I see what you mean from that, and that is a pretty useful technique too, I just have trouble doing it consistently. o.o

Irsic

Smash Ace
oh ****. i just got him to actually slide past the pegs until it stops a little bit.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah there's a lot of variation depending on your timing. I usually just go for the edge cancel because it's pretty much always safe. Even if they're there waiting for it you can Uair immediately out of it. Plus it's flashy as hell.

Top Bottom