• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Options

N64

Smash Champion
So recently I've realized that I'm pretty predictable when recovering from the ledge. I'd usually either drop a little then jump on with a fair/uair, or use my roll getup. Lately I've been playing around a little bit with quick attack stalling (pressing back to let go of the edge, then quick attacking straight into the ledge to regrab it, or quick attacking back then forward and regrabbing) to fake out my opponent, and also returning with a quick attack by dropping, jumping, and then doing a single quick attack parallel to the ground slightly above the ground so that I land with little lag.

I was wondering how you guys normally recover from the ledge, and when you use each of his recovery options or if you use anything else to recover. Pika has a lot of mobility, so I'm sure his return game has to be pretty solid.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Depending on the distance of the opponent, if they are far from me I shoot off a jolt, if they are near the edge I try to flick them off the stage with uair and if they are about to attack I negate with fair. I start to use nair too since I like the knockback and once to throw them off I pull off a bair.

But if I'm playing against a marth that I know likes to use the fsmash a lot I jump off and airdodge into him slightly above the ground so I can do something right away or roll away from him. Since most likely he'll try to do another fsmash and whiff it.

I like the quick attack stalling idea, I do that for fun when I'm practicing but that sounds like a good idea to throw them off.

NeeQueoHH

Smash Apprentice
i usually try and mix it up, but reason im always doing sumthing rong. its either jump, roll, jolt or fair. but i really need to start mixing it up sumore. my frens always seem to no wat im doing. but it might that they no how i react to certain situations though. thats might be the problem i gess

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
I do the usual as well with quick attacks added for mind games and flare, but what really gets my opponents is after a stall, jump and waveland backwards, jump, then aerial. It's sexy when you add in speed. Try it out.

NeeQueoHH

Smash Apprentice
with that jump waveland thing, Pika's 2nd jump is lyk pretty high and pika isnt really wat u call a fast faller. so lyk when i try that waveland then an aerial. its lyk slow for me sumtyms and i get hit. or is that just me?

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
fast fall, or you can short hop a nair instead of jumping. The trick isn't in the jump, it's in the waveland. Your opponent thinks your are making an attack, then you suddenly waveland backwards. It throws them off, setting of for a good offense.

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
sometimes i do up air and get back on the ledge but if im down a couple stocks, i usually quick attack from the ledge and back on it so fast it psyches them out and accidently kills them as they try to spike me.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I usually drop down and attack my opponent with my up air so I can flip them off the stage behind me, and then immediately start edgeguarding.

But there is no specific rule. Im usually incrediblle random on how I recover. Sometimes I just push up and calmly walk on, wheras other times I double jump and do a diagonal quick attack right back to the edge again before diving back onto the stage. It depends on who Im playing against.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, i roll back onto the stage, fair onto the stage...uair if they are close....but another thing i do a lot is i ledge dash onto the stage..i started doing this awhile ago with sheik and falco and it caught on to all my characters...no matter who i am now i love just ledgedashing onto the ledge into a sheil or a roll..its really fast and usauuly just throes your opponent off gaurd...peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom