• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge hop U-air...

Fuzzy Guts

Smash Cadet
I seem to be able to get it more often than not on the left ledge of a stage... But I can't seem to do the right ledge for some reason. It isn't like I've had more practice on a particular side either, I switch off every few minutes or so. I use c-stick to DI off the ledge, control stick to jump, c-stick to U-air, and control stick to DI to stage. I've been working at it for about two days now and I don't feel like I'm improving on the right ledge at all... Am I ******** or is this slightly normal?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
i'm sorry, statistics show that this isn't normal. Don't use the c-stick to drop. It will begin to give you undesirable results. Lightly press down on the analog.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
The Left-to-Right Handicap is not because of your tech skill, it's just a mind thing. I think it's because of which hand you use to write.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i'm sorry, statistics show that this isn't normal. Don't use the c-stick to drop. It will begin to give you undesirable results. Lightly press down on the analog.
nope. C-stick and lightly pressing down do the exact same thing.

the easiest way for me is to use the C-stick away from the ledge, right when you let go your left thubb should already be about to hit the control stick up to make you jump. right after you jump start to move your thump over to DI towards the stage. as you are doing this your right thump should have started to move the Cstick up.

rightthumb: C-stick away.
leftthumb: control stick up.
rightthumb: C-stick up
left thumb: control stick towards stage.

in that order, but all at once.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
nope. C-stick and lightly pressing down do the exact same thing.

the easiest way for me is to use the C-stick away from the ledge, right when you let go your left thubb should already be about to hit the control stick up to make you jump. right after you jump start to move your thump over to DI towards the stage. as you are doing this your right thump should have started to move the Cstick up.

rightthumb: C-stick away.
leftthumb: control stick up.
rightthumb: C-stick up
left thumb: control stick towards stage.

in that order, but all at once.
You may think that it does the exact same thing, but you'd have to have a perfect controller in order for it to be consistent. Most controllers seem to have an occasional double input from the c-stick, and you may not only drop from the ledge, but also do an aerial that could potentially end in your demise.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i wont argue with you because ive seen you vids and you are pretty **** sexy. all theis ganon talent seems to be commen out of nowhere.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
sure it is. hes better then me and likely has more experence then me. but if you were to back me up then it might be different... besides. ive got a midterm to study for.

Fuzzy Guts

Smash Cadet
Figured out my problem. I was over-exaggerating my speed in doing the tech. I ended up pressing up on the control stick too early, resulting in the stupid gigantic jump...

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
hmmm makes sense that its a mind thing but i figured out my problem for this. i can do it perfect on the right side but i press away to do it. on the left i have to press down. very mindgame'y tech

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I have a question. in regards to ledge-___'ing, Everyone keeps mentioning wavelanding it. The way I do it, Ganon already lands pretty dang perfectly... there's like 3 frames where I'm actually in the air, after which I can jab/ftilt or whatever. I've gotten to the point where I can fair infinite from the edge without dying, and I can pry 1/10 times do an uair and actually land on the stage. am I missing something? I thought I was okay, but Fuzzy mentions a gigantic jump. Huh?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm guessing gigantic jump = standard jump from edge (press jump while hanging)

and the waveland from the edge gives you a ridiculous amount of distance, letting you get inside spacing marths and whatnot (and a quick roll will get you to the middle of most stages)... merely ledgehopping onto the stage (as you're suggesting) still leaves you right next to the edge with few options

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
screw ledgehop uair...all you need to do is do a couple invincibility ledgehops and then slightly press up on the control stick, for some odd reason they never expect you to just stand up, and sometimes they just go running off reading your non existent roll.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah, i sorta understand what you mean.. i do much better on the right side of the stage, but i can do it on both sides most of the time, and i use down, instead of the c-stick

..yeah, after thinking about it... do i use the c-stick.. i have no idea, imma go test it out xD

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
screw ledgehop uair...all you need to do is do a couple invincibility ledgehops and then slightly press up on the control stick, for some odd reason they never expect you to just stand up, and sometimes they just go running off reading your non existent roll.

I humbly agree.

Top Bottom