• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge-hop-Dair (I know you cant make it to the stage)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
When grabbing the ledge, doing your invincibility thing, and someone is trying to recover from below, you can let go of the ledge, jump, spike them, and recover to the ledge with UpB.

a verry useful move.

but i cant seem to get it down. Ive done it before, but too often I either press upB too early or too late after the spike, and fall to my death.

can anyone who can do this consistently give me some pointers please?

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Also, maybe use the C-stick for the Dair, so you dont accidentally fast fall when doing it with the control-stick.

Accidental fast-fall happened a lot to me before using c-stick for my aerials, so that might help, unless you already do use it, then i guess i have no advice left :p

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I just press back to let go of the edge, slide the stick up to jump, then c-stick for dair. It's the fastest way and it never fails for me. I don't do it too often anymore, cuz your opponent can tech it

chaddd

Smash Lord
All ledge tactics are based off of one thing: Renewing your invincibility.

The second most important thing is utilizing that invincibility. Practice letting go of the ledge the second that little 'bubble' pops up over your hand. Afterwards it's about practicing your moves immediately upon letting go of the ledge. Put it together and you have yourself an invincible Ganondorf that does lots of damage for free. Also, the C-stick is a godsend.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'd like to add, you can down air onto the stage from the ledge. You land with 1 frame and it'll do no damage at all. But you can land on the stage

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'd like to add, you can down air onto the stage from the ledge. You land with 1 frame and it'll do no damage at all. But you can land on the stage
IMO a Dair isn't a Dair if the hitbox doesn't come out. You can also ledgehop a Nair for the record, and the hitbox does come out for the first kick.

Top Bottom