• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge grabbing even if you parasol backwards AND possible 0-deaths?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Sorry guys if it seems I've been posting a LOT of topics, it's just I've had a lot of time to think, theorycraft and contemplate Peach, and the more I discover stuff the more I want to post. This is a topic that has two topics in it but I didn't want like 5 threads on the front page. Let me know if either of these catch your attention:

Saving yourself if you accidentally parasol backwards
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCEVUFoZxoU

One thing I’ve always been frustrated with is sometimes I have found myself parasoling backwards when trying to recover on the ledge. Suiciding. I remember thinking “Man I wish I could find a way to save myself… parasol is broken sometimes”.

Then I decided to check out Menounderwater’s topic : Share a Peach Tip and in it I found this tip on page 2:

Mothuzad 'Peachy' Keen said:
If the ledge is behind you after you Parasol, you can grab the ledge by gently pressing down to cancel your Parasol. Don't fast-fall!
I was amazed, and I instantly went to try it out. And it WORKS. The timing is a little janky for about 2 minutes, but after that it is not hard at all. I just wanted to highlight this tip that may have been overlooked. It has been a lifesaver for me.

Here's the video again if you missed it:
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCEVUFoZxoU

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Possible 0 to death on heavies/floaties?

Possible 0 - death on heavies/floaties? Here's one video and I will have more very soon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJa4SiXSEwU

Dair -> another dair maybe -> smash throw turnip up -> immediately use the uair chain -> upsmash.

I was thinking if you stale uair once or twice before you do the dair, you could uair them until they are at death percentage then end in an upsmash. Yes they can SDI the dair so that the second dair won't hit, but I found a way around that even. Just beat them up until they are between 15 - 23% and then you only have to do one dair.

What do you think?

I found it wrecks Ganondorf, Bowser, Donkey Kong... I think D3 can nair but not sure. It would drastically help that matchup too

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I personally love all the contributions you've... uh, contributed Lance - but yea, the parasol thing is ancient.

Neat combo.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a thread was ever made about the parasol. PBR should include it in the guide if they haven't already done so. I don't remember seeing it when I skimmed through it. The combo looks kind of sexy. I'm not home to test it, but would it be possible to Smash throw up then jump and do an insta-up throw and either FF then Uair or Uair them on the way down? Probably not... I think the turnip has a weird trajectory. Now someone just needs to make an easy way to Uair string Fox. :/

Metatitan

Smash Master
I don't think a thread was ever made about the parasol. PBR should include it in the guide if they haven't already done so. I don't remember seeing it when I skimmed through it. The combo looks kind of sexy. I'm not home to test it, but would it be possible to Smash throw up then jump and do an insta-up throw and either FF then Uair or Uair them on the way down? Probably not... I think the turnip has a weird trajectory. Now someone just needs to make an easy way to Uair string Fox. :/
Excel Zero either made a post or thread about it a long time ago. So yes something about it was brought to attention.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've seen two threads on the parasol thing. One was a few months after the game came out, and another was maybe a year and a half ago..so it'd been awhile. Plus the threads are named "is this a new trick" or "peach hacks" or something, so you wouldn't know what it was using the search function. Some of these threads got locked. Only reason this one isn't locked is because of the combo and question.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I figured it out a little while after I picked up Peach. New Peach players might not, though. I doubt they would ever find any thread that mentions it either, other than "share a tip". I just think it'd be a good thing to put in the guide if it isn't already in there. <3

Top Bottom