• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge double Laser/blaster "guide". Plus a fox version, PLEASE MOVE TO FALCO-SECTION

noob-lube69

Smash Journeyman
Nigzel said:
Now, the fox version is ALOT harder, i havent even done it W/O debug. but i think someone can do it with alot of training. the fox one includes 3 Blasters/Lasers. also done W/O FF
No offense, but the fox version it really easy if you lege drop with the c stick and jump with the control stick. Hower, ledgehop triple laser w/ fox is usless because the first laser goes way too high to hit even the tallest characters in the game. you'd be better off just ledgehopping double laser, since it is very easy to manipulate your jump so that bothof the lasers are very close to ground level.

ledgehopped triple laser does look cool though =/

Doraki

Smash Lord
Nigzel said:
Now, the fox version is ALOT harder, i havent even done it W/O debug. but i think someone can do it with alot of training. the fox one includes 3 Blasters/Lasers. also done W/O FF

frame:

1. hang on edge
2. drop (see above)

3-12. fall

13. use your 2nd Jump
14. Blaster/Laser

keep press B to keep on Firing.

Sidenote: the last shot comes out on the first LANDING frame.
Why would you want to wait that much before double jumping ?
It's quite easy if you double jump earlier.

DYC

Smash Champion
Apøc` said:
Lol, even if you are upset dude, it won't change ****, I never said Bombsoldier invented that move, I said was the first person to put it on a tournament, which we all seen. Seriously Dave did that move before(I'm sure of it), like we all did the dair to waveshine combo, but one thing is sure, it's that everyone started to use that move after Bombsoldier did it. You should watch some Falco videos before the double laser of BS out from the ledge and then some videos of Falcos after that. You'll see alot of Falco put this move with their game style. Okay, it's not BS' trick, but people use it "more" beacause of him.

And i have already told you that you are full of **** and that Falco's in the US have been using that since ATLEAST Moast 3. Which was in January of 05. If you don't know what you are talking about you really shouldn't give input on the subject.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Why would you want to wait that much before double jumping ?
It's quite easy if you double jump earlier.
if you jump too early the first laser shot more than likely won't hit the other person, unles they are jumping

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
DYC said:
And i have already told you that you are full of **** and that Falco's in the US have been using that since ATLEAST Moast 3. Which was in January of 05. If you don't know what you are talking about you really shouldn't give input on the subject.
:ohwell:, Keep talking even if I am sure that most of people here have been doing this move since Bombsoldier did it. But it's not like I said: « Noooooo, in MOAST 3 at least ... noooooo, it's impossible, Bombsolider was really the first person on Earth who did that move ». -_-'

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
Seriously Dave did that move before(I'm sure of it), like we all did the dair to waveshine combo, but one thing is sure, it's that everyone started to use that move after Bombsoldier did it.
^ APOC

well yea ive done that move since go but really never used it as effectivly as bombsoldier did. I showed sam aka sultanofsamitude the double lazer from the edge. Reason i never put effort into doing it much was because if u play anyone whos decent and has a good UP B out of the shield ur dead. For instance i do double lazer from the ledge and im fight mike G's peach all hes gonna do is n-air from the shield and falco is DEAD cause hes already at the ledge. But seeing bS pull it off against ken was pretty nice. Not for nothing though if ken up B's the opposite way as bs did the doublelazer he woulda been dead......

So for the most part the double lazer is pretty cool "trick" to do but as far as usefulness is concerned it can only be done under the element of surprise. Im sure there are some noobs who will master this and spam it each time they come off the ledge and ill just n-air them from my shield lol. Just do it when u kno u have the distance to mess up and are ready for the DI.

- Dav3

Nigzel

Smash Ace
noob-lube: "...fox is usless because the first laser goes way too high to hit even the tallest characters in the game.". (this answers Dorakis Question too) not really, thats why you have to fall all those frames, the second shot can hit for example the height of bowser.

and since my capture card is working again (yay), i redorded it. a new frame every new frame (wtf?). wich means it took 1 picture every frame, or mayby i took 2 or 3 cant remember, anyways:

http://rapidshare.de/files/11141386/Fox_triple_laser__BS_trick.rar.html

i .rared it only to save space XD.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
btw, should i add that BS was not the one who found it? just that he started to use it, and somehow it suddenly was called a BS trick, or what?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
man..i don't get whats so special or hard about double lasering from the edge. I found it out myself and have been doing it for a year before i even knew about bomb soldier. o_O

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ledge double blaster guide, rofl. there's not much techinque to it. it's a simple manuveur dat doesnt require much thought. w/e

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
Well it appears that some people forget that there are people out there that simply do not know how to do things. Anyway I liked the guide. the frames helped me figure out the timing. I can shffl and do some neat drill shine combos, but this is one of the last things I learned how to do, which is kind of sad, I am fairly new to the game, so I am constantly coming across tidbits of information that i was unaware of, so if you feel like making a guide about something everyone can do I will probably read it.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
thats my intentions with my guides. to teach things. i plan making more of this guides. ^_^.
<.< >.>

where do i find info on BS?

Chaotix_0

Smash Apprentice
I've gotta say, that's pretty cool. I'm not a big player of Fox or Falco, but they have so many awesome abilities due to their insane speed, it's enjoyable to read all the possibilities and try em in training mode.

mathos

Smash Champion
Speaking about difficulty, you guys should try a reverse double laser from hanging on the edge. You can do it after some practice but if you mess up you will more than likely die. Its not really useless but fun to be flashy.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
I'm sorry the Redoing stopped. but it will be done, sometime -.-'
Also, yeah reverse is pretty fun for edgeguarding XD. not like it helps or so...

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
OMFG you can shoot lasers in the air I thought you could do them in the floor only

nah just kidding. Nice stuff by the way.

Top Bottom