• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge, Dodge, Smash: A kirby sneak move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
This might be sorta dated,but I was thinking the other day, "Wow! If I could fool the other guy into getting him close to the edge, I could get him in a better positions for smashes and stuff!" So I spent the last five minutes trying to put this into perspective, so yeah.

I tried this on F-Zero's Mute City. I simply leaned onto the ledge until Kirby made that "OMGIMATIPOVER" movement, and as the opponent went to hit me, I dodged left and sidesmashed.

It sounds pretty tough, and it took me a few times to get it right. But I think this can be used into a pretty cool move.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
No, what I meant was the edge/ledge.
I think. And yes. It does. Yes yes it does, during the areas such as in front of the tunnel and stuffs.

Samochan

Smash Master
Too bad that kirby's fsmash is too slow to hit anything with. In that situation they have all the time in the world to shield the upcoming attack or evade it or block it by other means. Also anyone with brains would not fall for this anyway. >_>;

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yet another amazing technique for Kirby's vast array of tricks. >_>

I saw Ganondorf do this, but instead of Teeter -> Dodge -> Smash, he just went with Teeter -> Gerudo Punch as the opponent came toward him. Everyone laughed so much at the guy who fell for this that he ran away and cried.

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't you think that someone who even remotely knows of Kirby's...infamous tactics would be a little reluctant to chase after said Kirby next to the ledge?

Sitting on the ledge like that may work on CPUs, but a cognitive human being might get suspicious if you deliberately put yourself in one spot and feign helplessness.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah.

So far, everybody i've played against who has a hint of a clue of how to play kirby knows better than to chase me to the edge.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha ha. Too good, Buttcrust.

Don't forget: the higher you go, the more damage the Stone does! Lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I heard that if you use kirbys fire move then you opponent will take more damage then if you dont use the fire move just like roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom