• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leaked Character Select Screen (NEW, May 2014)

Do you think this roster is legit?

• Yes!

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • No!

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Roster.png

I found this on ssb4dojo.com website. Thoughts? By the way I doubt the "Yoshi Rep" is a Yoshi Rep; I bet you it is Wario. I also counted the squares and there is about 51 slots. The last slot could be the random button, keep that in mind.

If this is fake it is honestly the best fake we seen. It looks like the style they are going for for Smash4, I used the for fun and for glory as a reference, it looks legit to me I think.

Things to note: Characters that are normally never unlockable are now unlockable characters, they are even characters that have already been shown. (Bowser, Sheik, etc). We don't know if this is the starter roster or someone has already started unlocking characters Ex: We don't know if Luigi or Lucario is a starter or unlockable.

One other thing to note there is two #3's on the bottom right of the select screen, meaning there is two Player 3's?
*EDIT* The two 3's most likely means the CPU's level, thanks to all the pointed that out!

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
It might be real.

As said, it's not neat like previous select scenes, and Marth's head is poking out of the selected box.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Here is the For Fun and For Glory Hud. Look at how close the styles look. They are very similar. Also thought I should show the Music Select Screen As well.

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
Here's a stitch up I found that adds confirmed characters. The Magenta words are what I think might fill in those slots (Mostly following the Gematsu leak).

Sorry if the words are hard to see

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I hope this ends up being real! That spot next to ZSS can only be one possible character, since pretty much all the Metroid reps are taken.

EDIT: But I really doubt Palutena, Ridley, Chrom/Robin, Pacman, Mii and K.Rool are our only remaining newcomers...where's the wild card? Takamaru...?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Here is the For Fun and For Glory Hud. Look at how close the styles look. They are very similar. Also thought I should show the Music Select Screen As well.

Compare this,

To this. See the grey and orange slots on top, presumably signifying how far you are in the menus? They both have two menus left before the match, again, presumably. *shakes head* This doesn't make sense at all. Clicking for Glory will likely take us to the character select screen, and then the stage select screen. That's the two menus left for the real pic. But in the 'leaked' pic, we're already at the character select screen, so there's an extra menu that doesn't exist. Case closed.

RODO

Smash Ace
They've never had the characters spaced out like that before, or showed how many slots in all there are. That's kind of odd but you never know, it could have change.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
If this is real (which I think is entirely possible), it wouldn't surprise me if these are the characters who will be playable in the Smash Bros demo.
It would make sense for this leak to surface now, as the demo material is likely nearing completion. An employee working on Smash Bros or even somebody involved in arranging the playable demos could have taken this photo.

This would also explain why it only shows characters we already know about - because they are the characters that will be shown off during the demo.
So we shouldn't necessarily discredit this leak simply because it uses the character models from the website, as there is a somewhat logical explanation for why.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Compare this,

To this. See the grey and orange slots on top, presumably signifying how far you are in the menus? They both have two menus left before the match, again, presumably. *shakes head* This doesn't make sense at all. Clicking for Glory will likely take us to the character select screen, and then the stage select screen. That's the two menus left for the real pic. But in the 'leaked' pic, we're already at the character select screen, so there's an extra menu that doesn't exist. Case closed.
Look at Brawl, Fight -> Brawl ->CSS

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The bottom says 3 twice (most likely means player number), so it's fake. Honestly, all the ridiculously fake leaks and rumors when E3 is near...

Here are my thoughts...

First of all, there seems to be many locked characters. Normally the character select screen would just be smaller. Well, the locks sure do look cool. Maybe because of Namco Bandai influence or demo purposes (to show off the sheer size of the roster).

The characters are aligned horizontally. It seems we can expect a whopping 50 characters. This leak suggests we'll get only 5 Mario reps, 5 Zelda reps, 2-3 Metroid reps, 1 Yoshi rep, 1-2 Kid Icarus rep(s), 1 Wario rep, 2-3 DK reps, 3 Kirby reps, 3 third parties, and potentially 6 Pokemon reps.

The text and overall design is strikingly similar to the text in the Direct. The numbers on the panels could indicate the CPU difficulty level. It seems we'll get logos of the franchise in the top right hand corner of the panels. Colors seem to be a new part of the menu.

Some characters seem to be missing in certain pics, yet present in others. This is strange.

Now, what makes this leak convincing is that the demos should be sent to stores by now in preparation for E3. However, it could still be a mod for Brawl or a very high quality fabrication.

This is the first leak I've seen that looks pretty real.

Here is what I can make out of it... Note, the franchise slots only indicate potential for another rep of said franchise, not that there is guaranteed to be one...

I continue the roster on the bottom since there is not enough space on Roster Maker.

Leak Reconstruction Roster.png

Here is what I expect if the leak is true. I am also taking into account the Ridley leak, although I admit I prefer him to remain a boss. The Ridley leak is sketchy though, because the portrait did not fit in with the others. There was also a Pac-Man leak, but my buddies at IGN told me it was not from the person who leaked this. No cuts, because I don't cut characters until the cuts are confirmed. I used the word cut a lot there.

Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
This is the one select screen that's been shown that I have the most hope is legit. Also, like someone already said: this could potentially be the demo select screen so don't discount it because it's missing fighters.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The bottom says 3 twice (most likely means player number), so it's fake. Honestly, all the ridiculously fake leaks and rumors when E3 is near...
Default CPU difficultly is 3, it's more than likely that since all those slots are CPU.

Could still be fake, but that's certainly not something damning it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As I've said before, this very well could be true. In any case, the little bar below the 'Free-for-all' is something we've never seen before, slightly giving a little bit more creditability to the leak.

I'll go with a 55/45 ratio of real to fake.

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
Look at Brawl, Fight -> Brawl ->CSS
I think he meant menus after the CSS, not before. The leak still shows two gray bars after the two red ones (The red likely being for Main Menu -> Group Menu & Group Menu -> Smash CSS), where there should only be one gray (For Smash CSS -> Stage Select)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
View attachment 14744

I found this on ssb4dojo.com website. Thoughts? By the way I doubt the "Yoshi Rep" is a Yoshi Rep; I bet you it is Wario. I also counted the squares and there is about 51 slots. The last slot could be the random button, keep that in mind.

If this is fake it is honestly the best fake we seen. It looks like the style they are going for for Smash4, I used the for fun and for glory as a reference, it looks legit to me I think.

Things to note: Characters that are normally never unlockable are now unlockable characters, they are even characters that have already been shown. (Bowser, Sheik, etc). We don't know if this is the starter roster or someone has already started unlocking characters Ex: We don't know if Luigi or Lucario is a starter or unlockable.

One other thing to note there is two #3's on the bottom right of the select screen, meaning there is two Player 3's?
The one beside Yoshi is gonna obviously be Wario.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Worth noting is that on the bar in the top right, while there's an orange wi-fi logo in the For Fun/For Glory menu, this picture has a red Smash logo instead. The font also seems to be the same.

If this is a fake, whoever made it is paying attention to the small details.

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
I just noticed the "Colors" button right under the Options button on the top right corner of the leak.
Assuming this is real, what could that be about? No more X/Y buttons for color switch?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
...seriously.

We've had a 30+ page discussion on this going on in the Smash at E3 board. What are you all doing.

Because it could be for the demo not the full game release.
Not my point. The guy who leaked it could still show all of it off anyway. I know its the demo if the leak is true. Demo stations are probably being sent all over North America right now.

Also, why only show a small corner of Ridley, then say hes playable afterwards?

DoubleN

Smash Rookie
The fact that Luigi is already unlocked but Bowser is not raises some doubt. Other than that this looks like the screen that may be used for the demo, but I can't imagine all those cluttered locked character slots would be in the final game.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Compare this,

after you enter for glory there will probably be another screen where you choose 1v1, 2v2 or free for all. But just like you those bars/slots on top make me believe that this leak is fake.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Not my point. The guy who leaked it could still show all of it off anyway. I know its the demo if the leak is true. Demo stations are probably being sent all over North America right now.

Also, why only show a small corner of Ridley, then say hes playable afterwards?
The guy who leaked it may work for Best Buy for all we know. In which case if it's the demo that is all that they received. They don't receive the full game and then block out the characters. I think that's speculation for Ridley. Hence the question marks for him, Palutena and Dixie.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This is why it's fake.

First 2 pics look real and all the other pics are from the same setup as the first 2.

The third pic is fake because of the pixel off in ridley's box.

The fourth pic is fake because of the color difference on the top of little mac box and the mega man one. Plus, there's the c difference. Since a comment was given that said that there's 2 versions with 2 more unlockable, this is a lie because the picture is fake. What this means is that it is NOT normal to see 2 character unlocked in the third and fourth pic thus, making these 2 pictures fake.

The fifth pic has no mistake but the comment claim again that there's 2 version making this an insta fake because it's a lie.

So, the only way this leak is somehow true is the first 2 pic. But like I said, all the pic was done on the same setup (the same CSS) so, if the first 2 pic are the only one real, then how ANOTHER PERSON was able to replicate the whole CSS and post this as a fake? They are in different angles so you had to do a shot from the same setup to get the other pic which I proved fake. Since only the person who posted the 3rd, 4th and 5th could've posted the first 2, this make this leak a FAKE.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884

The styles are incredibly similar. If it's fake, then the creator is obviously quite talented at matching the style. It's polished and clean. Someone else could've made that Ridley thing and messed up the pixels when he tried to edit it.

I'm not saying it's real; I'm just saying to not count it out. We'll all know in two weeks regardless.

The guy who leaked it may work for Best Buy for all we know. In which case if it's the demo that is all that they received. They don't receive the full game and then block out the characters. I think that's speculation for Ridley. Hence the question marks for him, Palutena and Dixie.
I know he could be working at Best Buy.

However, Best Buy is not the one blocking out characters for the demo. Nintendo and Namco Bandai are.

Ridley's slot still looks pretty fake. And he should have shown all of it if he was going to say he's playable later anyway.

Let's say he is just letting us speculate. Well, it's still a fake looking slot. Sure it can be a glitch, but why aren't any of the other characters glitched? That's too big of a coincidence.

Plus, when did the leak reveal Palutena and Dixie as fighters?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It could be the demo selection screen judging from the amount of locked characters.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Roster_leaked.png
Here's my prediction on what the roster will be if the Gematsu Leak and this leak is true.
I made it in Roster Maker so it is more clear to all of you. *Red means unlockable character*

Last edited:

Brisingr

Smash Rookie
NNID
tiagozanchi
3DS FC
1650-1471-3712
Don't you guys think that showing just the revealed characters just too convenient? Even if this is the E3/Gamestop demo CSS, there would be more characters due the Digital Event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom