• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leaked Character Select Screen (NEW, May 2014)

Do you think this roster is legit?

• Yes!

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • No!

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
after you enter for glory there will probably be another screen where you choose 1v1, 2v2 or free for all. But just like you those bars/slots on top make me believe that this leak is fake.
...But you can't choose the stage on the online modes. Oopsy. So now we're back to two left on the real pic, and there's still an extra menu on the leak.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
This is at least plausible. Definitely the most realistic leak we've seen . Let's hope it's real! :D

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That looks fairly believable, but Mega Man not being in the demo (in fact, the only newcomers present are Villager and Wii Fit Trainer) would be such a heartbreaker.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
He's in other pictures that the OP didn't post. :laugh:
I found that, and it seems to be a zoomed in picture including Mega Man and Little Mac. That's strange though since those two take up slots that had ?s on them in the other pictures. What could be the reason for that if this is real?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
One thing to note about the leak is that all the genres are kept together.

All the platformer characters appear to be on the top row.
All the action/adventure game (What ever Zelda/Metroid/Kid Icarus Uprising is)
Rpg characters.

This means if Gematsu is also real. We are either not getting Mewtwo or Lucas is cut and honestly, Cutting a character only to bring back someone who was already cut doesn't make any sense to me so I'm more inclined to believe Lucas is comeing back and Shulk is placed Between Pokemon and Fire Emblem. (Or Marth isn't the start of the Fire Emblem characters.)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

R0Y

Smash Master
Player 3, Player 3, Player 3. Very fake, but that continuity error stands out.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Player 3, Player 3, Player 3. Very fake, but that continuity error stands out.
Okay look this thing is fake in my book but for logical reasons. Not dumb ones like this. Dude, perhaps, MAYBE, it's the CPU level since the default is always 3 and they're all selected for CPU? Think. Then post. This is the same argument as "Why would X be unlockable?" Because this is meant to be the demo and demos don't have all the characters available. And, if this was real, it would also tease how many characters we'd have. THINK people.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Isn't it accepted that that one pic (the one with the Y) is more than likely a fake made using the original which was posted noticeably earlier?
Yeah, that's what someone told me. I wasn't aware at the time, which is a huge bummer, because the pics that are still being considered are too blurry for me to be as confident in my observations. Still looking into it.

R0Y

Smash Master
Okay look this thing is fake in my book but for logical reasons. Not dumb ones like this. Dude, perhaps, MAYBE, it's the CPU level since the default is always 3 and they're all selected for CPU? Think. Then post. This is the same argument as "Why would X be unlockable?" Because this is meant to be the demo and demos don't have all the characters available. And, if this was real, it would also tease how many characters we'd have. THINK people.
That's a dumb reason.....

That would clearly be the player number, not a CPU level. It's way too freaking big and there are no CPU's selected, even if that was the faker's intention to be what it appears as.

Think, then post.

Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
That's a dumb reason.....

That would clearly be the player number, not a CPU level.
Think, then post.
HA HA! Pal it's a good thing decisions aren't made based on whether or not you think they're dumb. Some say that R.O.B. in Brawl is dumb and yet... You are speculating. I am calling you out for dismissing something based purely on your personal speculation.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Threads related to "leaks" are not allowed unless they have something major backing them up like the Sal "leak" and having contacted the SWF staff first. If you wish to discuss this "leak" please use the E3 Rumor thread.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, the staff has already agreed that this particular "leak" does not have enough going for it to warrant a thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom