• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Launch Cancelling?

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way to use the Frying Pan to cancel big hits? I know you fall straight down when you use it in the air, but I haven't been able to do it quick enough after being hit at a high percentage. Is this even possible?

Lag

Smash Journeyman
What move did that character use?
What stage were you on?
Where were you on the stage(middle, left, or right)?
And what exact percent(90s or 100s)?

It just came up to mind...but can you also be Bucket canceled in the air? Though I think it actually would be worse...

Anyways if you don't remember anything...give me the scenario (Character, move that sends me flying, what percent Mr. Game and Watch is at, stage, what part in the stage) and I'll test it out later.

It just came up to mind...but can you also be Bucket canceled in the air? Though I think it actually would be worse...

DD151

Smash Journeyman
are you talking about something like fox/falco's momentum stall with shine

you can't attack until the stun wears off from being hit, by which time you'll probably be dead anyway. jumping also resets your momentum unless you just cc'd a strong hit, but the height you'd lose after using the pan would probably make it impossible to recover

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
When you use bucket or frying pan your forward momentum stays in tact, with bucket though I think it slows down a little. I'll test it out

St. Viers

Smash Champion
are you talking about something like fox/falco's momentum stall with shine

you can't attack until the stun wears off from being hit, by which time you'll probably be dead anyway. jumping also resets your momentum unless you just cc'd a strong hit, but the height you'd lose after using the pan would probably make it impossible to recover
Lol, so much falseness.
1.If you DI up and towards the stage you'll last longer, even with G&W.
2.Also, jumping does not reset your momentum. It changes it, but if you get rid of your negative momentum (using fox's shine, eg) and then jump you will drift better towards the stage. .Same Idea as using f-airs with certain characters before/while jumping.
3.Also, as G&W has great vertical recovery, I doubt your last statement...can't you ledgehop a sausage, and still upB and grab the edge...?

No offense, but if you die before hitlag wears off you either don't DI, you last crazy long %s or you play only on YS.

Top Bottom