• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest trends in random wifi battles

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Furries FTW!

Now, what to do about Metagay,

I know! Use stereotyped laser spamming to further **** up Brawl's crappy metagame! Genius.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If they do that, they probably suck enough that you can **** both people easily.

No good player fights until he completely understands what's going on.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
If they do that, they probably suck enough that you can **** both people easily.

No good player fights until he completely understands what's going on.
Yeah, um........................................................
.......... sure

:urg:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I just dive into the madness, swinging my sword, hacking and slashing.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
And diving straight past the spotdodging opponent, flying right to your doom because of Ike's laggy Fair.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
had anybody ben involved with crazy groups that are hell bent on spiking and ledge grabbing? Its been fun, all four characters off the edge or guarding, some trying to spike some trying to ledgehog. Its happened a few times recently, and man is it hard to survive and get a kill, but damn it is fun and when you get left as the survivor its super sweet.

:phone:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
No it doesn't, it has the same properties as marth's except for the obvious differences. And its perfect if you don't use it very much. Try it. it works.

@furry why would you airdodge when u can shield? and nair punishes air dodge.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
you wouldn't see coming, anyway who took all my TPs? They've gone extinct again.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I see too many. They really piss me.

And fairs are impossible NOT to see.

You shouldn't be talking, since the only aerial you landed on me was Nair.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
No it doesn't, it has the same properties as marth's except for the obvious differences. And its perfect if you don't use it very much. Try it. it works.

@furry why would you airdodge when u can shield? and nair punishes air dodge.
Kay. Okay. Marth's fair it's faster, doesn't mean it will gimp. Really... kaay.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
So it was you(and prob. sephy) who took all my noobs.

Well you can have them:awesome:

More decent players for me.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If you want to attract one, "accidentally" hit a player with lasers every once in a while until they're pissed and ready to fight.

Their rage, and consequent sloppiness, will make it even easier for you. ;)

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Last thing I want is a bad player. If hitting them with a laser is enough to get them to attack AND play worse, they were probably bad anyway.
I don't want a team up situation either, since it ruins my playstyle.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LOL I remember you ****** me and Clown that one time when Sephy didn't show up.

And some players ( like myself ) are good but still temperamental. :mad:

Especially since I tend to assume everyone on Wifi is a noob, xD.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
And so I had practice to get rid of that style I played with. It's not a fun way to play in 1v1.
Edit: That was bigger than I thought it'd be...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I can only have fun against a good player. Noobs evoke extreme rage and disgustingly violent thoughts.

Anyway, another way to attract a fight is to show off, doing ATs and **** until some other good player shows he/she wants to fight ( Dtilts and "Fight me" or "SHOW ME YA MOVEZ", holding the jab button, etc. )

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Ok. I'll have to use Toon Link because playing people with Link isn't fun since it isn't as rewarding to win.
I rarely get approached anyway.
Most of my fights come from being ALONE with someone in BB, no CPUs or anything, I may betray just to get fights in.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Bad G&W spammers

The trend I see lately are G&W players who spam down smash and very little else. It's that, or I keep running into the same bad player.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
The trend I see lately are G&W players who spam down smash and very little else. It's that, or I keep running into the same bad player.
Probably running into the same player. I see them use DAir a lot more and FTilt.

I kind of see both in GnW players. I think Dair is sort of guaranteed since just about all characters whose Dair drops downward pretty much spam Dair whenever possible.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I guess its a hacker cuz I'm in a wifi battle that has us playing in non stages like target smash place and online practice screen - then fixed camera mode. Its neat xD

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Pacifists / taunters do not belong in TB

^

Yeah, hackers are somewhat common. Fortunately they rarely ever use it to their advantage and just for fun.

I am seeing a trend of pacifists / taunters in Team Battle at least today. Or perhaps it's the same person. Either way, they get no sympathy from me. :-) And now this one Jigglypuff is going idle. Normally I wouldn't attack idle players, but since you showed you don't belong in Team Battle, tough luck.

bedjy dious

Smash Rookie
i been on haked stages before like the wifi wating room with a ton of item falling out the sky i mean hundreds like wtf

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Single annoying item on high

In recent days, all I see in matches lately are item trolls going with a single item and placing it on high. They might add sandbags or carriers just to amplify the annoyance.

Stars on high? Check.
Some stupid explosive on high? Check.
Shrooms on high? More like high on shrooms!

At least bumpers would be more entertaining, although I wouldn't want more than one match like that. Even when I leave Team Battle and go to Basic Brawl, I cannot escape this. Given the lack of activity on these boards, I'm obviously not running into anyone here to help counter this nonsense.

Of course as I write this, I finally get a few itemless matches in a row. But writing that itself will probably cause the matches to revert back to the madness. Or will it? Time will tell.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Noobs who use characters with a lot of jumps LOVE bumpers, since it puts the other players at an extreme disadvantage, especially if they chose a character like Ganon.

I've seen a ton of these in the past few days.

Top Bottom