• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest trends in random wifi battles

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Ganon + bumpers

^

Strangely, my Ganon tends to handle bumper matches fairly well at times. Up-tilt suddenly becomes a lot more useful near bumpers for its vacuum properties. Plus, it's fun to exploit the sudden bursts of speed that Ganon would not otherwise get by bumping into them intentionally.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Ganon + any item. Note to item troll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gEOzGX6OFc

One would think I should like items based on things like that, but I generally don't, at least when I'm looking for a serious match, which is 90+% of the time.

Back on topic, now they're picking star rods on high. I think I'm onto the pattern of this annoying item picker. Often there is a Marth when I see this, but not always. Whoever you are, do us all a favor and look for those gray plugs in the back of your Wii. Unplug them.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Welcome to my world

Okay this is disturbing...so many smart bombs, why?
Ah, so I am not the only one running into the single-overpowered-item-on-high trolls. I thought they gave up, or at least left Team Battle. I get so sick of them, that I just disconnect them during the match, between matches, or whenever it seems appropriate. I don't give them the pleasure of completing more than one match, if that. Sometimes I don't let the match last 15 seconds when it's so obvious so early on. Eventually they end up trolling some other group, but I am persistent in not tolerating their garbage. We just all need to work together in disconnecting these item trolls so they have nowhere to go but offline.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Lol at overpowered items....every single one except smoke balls, saturns, and the sandbags perhaps are fricken ********

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Amen on that

^

Yeah, most items in Brawl are ridiculous, hence the reason for one of my past threads. I only put up with a few, and only ever select sandbags on quite rare occasions. Oh, and Super Scopes to exploit a weakness against malicious Warioman hackers.

I don't know why, but for some reason the items in Smash 64 didn't bother me. They just started to get out of hand in Melee, and then went to extremes in Brawl. Game designers these days should take some tips from the past: Keep it simple.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
hmmm perhaps... i do use 2 different items...only if if crashing or ****ing around. i put on franklin badge if they are projectile happy, which is even better then sandbags. I'll put on the gooey bomb ever so often, as it works like snake's C4. Sadly, they usually spam sidestep and run away....god damnit.. i wish we could talk to each other somehow.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I met an Ike that only used Up B for like an hour, and finally had enough of me so he stopped trolling and became a good player. It was quite interesting lol.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^ I sometimes play with minimal effort if I'm uninterested, but noobs are a great sandbag for some kickass combos.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Playing like a spammer intentionally

It's funny that you mention that. Sometimes I'll just spam a move, even ones I don't expect to really work. Strangely enough it may end up working, considering the vast skill levels of players online. Then if it looks like I see a decent player emerging, then I'll switch it up to show I'm more than just a single-move spammer.

The Ike that was mentioned definitely takes it to a much bigger extreme than me, though. I certainly wouldn't stick with one move that long, no matter how dull a group is.

kaazers

Smash Master
I met an Ike that only used Up B for like an hour, and finally had enough of me so he stopped trolling and became a good player. It was quite interesting lol.
Glad, I could be of some service.

Kidding.

Unless this happened in the last week.

And you were Zelda.

And we happened to be on Delfino when the Ike began to try.

Huh...

I should go online and do that again.

Mike2

Smash Ace
People quitting after getting winning once. XD
I'll hop on BB sometimes when I feel like brawling but don't want to mess with finding someone on AiB. I like to fight one person once I find a decentish player. Most of the time I win but sometimes they will(probably as a result of an SD) and then they quit. Like, is it really that serious? lol
I just want to play. It's not them leaving after winning that bothers me, it's that I now have to find another room that has a decent player and not much lag.

Quit quitting people.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I only quit if everyone in that group annoys the heck out of me. So, I beat the **** out of them all once, and then leave.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Disconnect them or MK rampage.

Also, has anyone noticed less Temple on BB fights? IDK if it's because I have my randoms set to Unity or not, although I realize it's a 1/4 chance my stage will get picked. I tend to see much more FD. NOOBS! Y U NO PICK BF SO THE FFA IS ACTUALLY ENJOYABLE!

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I've noticed that, also. There have been more Smashville (don't care if spelled wrong), battlefield, and Final Destination when I play. I've also met less noobs than I usually do.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
People quitting after getting winning once. XD
I'll hop on BB sometimes when I feel like brawling but don't want to mess with finding someone on AiB. I like to fight one person once I find a decentish player. Most of the time I win but sometimes they will(probably as a result of an SD) and then they quit. Like, is it really that serious? lol
I just want to play. It's not them leaving after winning that bothers me, it's that I now have to find another room that has a decent player and not much lag.

Quit quitting people.
You must be new here.....lol I kidd. Does happen all the time though. A Zelda did it to me after repeatedly losing but got lucky on SD. She took it a step further by DCing the group...

Top Bottom