• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Larger Harddrive?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
The largest I can find is 1tb for something in the $150 range.
But I'm looking for something bigger.. I need something that will last me a long time and not just a year or two. Anyone know of anything larger?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
A TB drive will only last you a year or two? Are you an online pack rat??? O_O

LLDL

Smash Hero
LOL TheBuzzSaw. TB technically isn't THAT much. I wouldn't want to say he's a pack rat. BUT, think of it this way. He's one of those guys who brings his capture card to tournaments and records everything. That **** takes up Gigs and gigs of space. I'm also in his position. I would like a 2 or 3 TB hardrive myself. Maybe even 5. or 100. I wouldn't mind :)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I know you're talking about external. >_>

Sensai

Smash Master
Think that the external comment was intended to be directed at me, Buzz.

Um...I personally own two Western Digital MyBooks, one of which is 500GB and the other which is a solid TB. I only JUST got the TB before my laptop died, but the 500GB one I had for a long time and it never gave me any problems at all. Highly recommended.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
How much would you think the 500gb one is? (Anything is better than my current 100gb)

Sensai

Smash Master
Well...you could get a 500 for less than 100. You could also get a TB for about 100.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=414&N=2010150414

The problem with getting them over ~320 is that they end up being 3.5, meaning they'll need to use an outlet. 2.5, on the other hand, is pretty much just like a big flashdrive. That's something else to consider.

Here are links to the two that I have:

500GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136175

1TB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136186

Sensai

Smash Master
They do...they plug into the computer via a USB. But they also require a wall socket to power themselves.

Sensai

Smash Master
You don't have to get one that needs external power, it's just that the bigger the size, the more likely you'll need a wall jack. I think the biggest 2.5 drive (that is, just USB powered) that I've seen is 320GBs.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
just get multiple TB HDs. either Internal/External. i have 3 TB on my HD =3 and i would be an online pack rat if i had internet at home T_T

PS: external TB = more portable xD

Top Bottom