• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laredo Texas Tournement

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Are there any more smashers in or near Laredo? Trying to get as much people as possible to our tournament. We are going to rank the top 10 people in los dos Laredos. If anyone wants more information or have any guestions about this tournament send me an e-mail at knuckles_182590@hotmail.com or to felipesubstance@hotmail.com. If anybody knows about this please spread the word! Or for the tournament ad click here www.myspace.com/nstcproductions The rules are simple.
Pools: Pool rules vary, depending on how much people go.
Tournament: 1 one 1, 4 stock, 8 minutes, best 2 out of 3, no banned stages!!! Only tournament stages. (Legal)
Grand prize: $200 Singles
2nd and 3rd prizes too!!
It starts at 1:00pm be there during warm ups. It will end around 5:00 or so, after we will do doubles. JANUARY 13TH SATURDAY. I put this in case you didn't click the link because ppl are asking.
The place is easy to find it is right in back of falcon bank(1205 east hillside is around calle del norte if you know where that is), there will be a big poster so you can't miss it :). It's at Bravo Adult Day Care.
Click on the link above for the rest of the info.
Bring extra $6 in case there is time for doubles (team) 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes vary.
contact us for doubles rules.
Remember bring your own money for FOOD BREAK!!!!

DEMONOFTHEFALL

Smash Cadet
sup mang

yo this is brian...you remember me i had that other turny at my house...neways yea me and firnds are planin on going..xept u guys keep changing the date 0.o

DEMONOFTHEFALL

Smash Cadet
i disagree

yea just like hitler atended his troops while operation barbarosa was going bad for nazi germany right....thats no proof youl show up...

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Yup... d>_>b... BTW I'll probably take a couple of friends, aside the SD... they're more like... Smash apprentices

Akkad

Smash Cadet
Sweet another tournament..and..****.
NOOO...
Well since the nuevo laredo crews are coming, we pretty much know were screwed...i have experience.. :(

But ill be there definetly man! Ill spread the word around alexander.

Btw, I think a mod should move this thread to the southwest regional zone...you would probably get more people to go if you posted it there.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Oh okay thanks some ppl from alexander know, but then again thanks. Don't give up your hopes! And tell them about this site and the link. At least you will get ranked and get experience for the the next in summer :). If you got msn tell me so i can send u a flyer to pass around. What day do we go 2 school? The 8? I forgot.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Well ill let Rob$ know and see if crystal city wants to show up. They might have a chance at winning this tournament. :laugh: God Bless.

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
if its on the 27 i can go
but not hte 13 nor the 20...but oh well why would someone do something for a tricky skull kid

Akkad

Smash Cadet
Oh okay thanks some ppl from alexander know, but then again thanks. Don't give up your hopes! And tell them about this site and the link. At least you will get ranked and get experience for the the next in summer :). If you got msn tell me so i can send u a flyer to pass around. What day do we go 2 school? The 8? I forgot.
We go back on the 10th I believe.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Here is a suggestion forget pools. Just do double elimination. Last laredo tourney had such a good turnout that it took to long to finish pools for singles and then it was to late to do Teams. My suggestion just do double elimination for both pools and singles. Just seed the brackets since all the crew captains know the level of play for their players. I mean you have to seed pools anyways might as well just start off with a large double elim bracket and have enough time for teams. If the turn out is like last time you will be pushing it to have enough time to do teams.

If randoms walk up without a crew then just put them up against one of the better players or against one of the lower players. Think about it because you may have to end up having to skip teams again. And everybody loves teams.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Uh dude, it's not the way you think. Depending how much ppl go, we will either start the tournament right away, or the pools will be free for all, that way the pools won't be long. Trust me there will be time for doubles. We will see there. Oh and we are not the same hosts from the tourney in November. It's just less than a week away see you there!!

tsetse

Smash Lord
Uh dude, it's not the way you think. Depending how much ppl go, we will either start the tournament right away, or the pools will be free for all, that way the pools won't be long. Trust me there will be time for doubles.!!
Free for All?

You are about to lose half your attedance if you do that. I gaurantee the valley wont go and prolly crystal city neither. No one does FFA like no one. Pools have to be 1 on 1. No FFA. FFA makes it so good people get ganged up against by lower players. Or 3 peeps from 1 crew will gang up on another one from another crew. I have run about 30 smash tournies, seriously about 30 of them and never have we had FFA.

Doubletails

Smash Cadet
The double elimination sounds good, there are other ways of playing pools, though, like, best two out of three matches in single elim.

I'l be there to put up with a chronicle. I highly doubt I'll be able to cover the entire matches myself, but I'll try to see an overall development.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Free for all pools if alot of ppl go, if not we will just start the tourney right away, best 2 out of 3 single elimination. Hope to see you there, its in less than 3 days away, spread word!!!
Well do whatever you want I dont think we will make it anyways. Some stuff came up, but good luck with it and hope all goes well.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Idk they will want to know if it is gonna be ffa pools, seriuosly noone plays that way it is to unfair.

Doubletails

Smash Cadet
the day drawns too close now. Certainly, you'll need to remain firm and take a decision by now

Thenchikuy

Smash Rookie
the countdown is getting closer. Are y'all ready to go to that tournament? I am... and I expect most of you to go there.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
The free for all pools is only because of excess of ppl and saves time. If alot of ppl go we will do the pools, dude do you really want to be there up to really late?? And no doubles???? of course not!!! But hey we might just start the tourney right away with NO free for all pools. If more than 75 ppl go we are most likely to do pools(free for all), but if less we will just start the tourney right away and it's one on one. Anyways if you are good you should be able to get through the pools, if there is .... no excuse. I said it already if A CROWD OF EXCESS PEOPLE GO WE WILL DO POOLS FREE FOR ALL, BUT IF NOT THEN THE TOURNEY STARTS RIGHT AWAY, ONE ON ONE. LISTEN MOST LIKELY THE TOURNEY WILL START RIGHT AWAY ONE ON ONE. If didn't don't want to come well that's there loss laterz guys and see you at the tourney. PEACE!!

tsetse

Smash Lord
Anyways if you are good you should be able to get through the pools, if there is .... no excuse.
look if me and Kevmoney ended up in the same pool with a scrub and and a pro like ROBMONEY. We would team up on the Scrub and then together tag team ROBMONEY to take him out. ROBMONEY is very good but even he could not beat both of us at the same time. Especially if had a 1 stock deicit somehow. So FFA pools is too random and shows no skill.

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
and then rey will team up with the scrub to take out kevin and rey will be the winner when rob$ and kevin can beat rey on one on one
......but maybe if u add items rob$ can have a chance

Top Bottom