• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laredo Texas Tournement

Akkad

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't recommend ffa, even though it wouldn't take long and give us doubles, in my opinion, I think you should just do pools the way I did it, the only reason we took forever was because we had a shortage of tv's and did losers brackets (sorry that was a bad idea imo, i don't know why it happened.)

If you have around 10-15 tv's, you should just stick to 1v1 pools and then carry on with the winners brackets. (I also recommend you get that tournament program, I didn't have it at mine and it wouldv'e helped alot).
Believe me, it was just the fact that I had too little tv's is why my tournament took forever.
Just try and ask people to bring their tv's and im pretty sure we can work out singles without ffa and have doubles....besides me cause I don't have a tv. :(

defsithe

Smash Ace
hahaha i forgot about this thread. FFA? ken himself even said he lost his first tounries because they were FFA and they would team up against him.

i also hope meme wins hahaha

tsetse

Smash Lord
I heard Crystal City showed up and swept this thing here. Also we heard that there was 81 people that entered the tourney. Thats a really good turnout. How much was the building rental where you guys had this at.

tsetse

Smash Lord
For Crystal City it does not matter who gets first as long as one of them does. They are a tight group and split the Money.

So was all the entry money given out to the winners or did you guys keep some for expenses.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
The kept the majority of the the pot, even though it was pretty much Crystal City that ran the tournament.

From what I heard, these people need to learn how to run a tournament. Cancelling teams because YOU failed to announce registration properly is NOT cool, especially when people are coming from 3+ hours away.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Wow thats a Bad Move. All this means is that next time no out of towners will show up. After "Valid" expenses are paid then the rest of the money should be returned to the players. Dont run a tourney expecting to make a profit if you are doing it locally and are not an institution.

Top Bottom