• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lansmash and QLD smashers present - SSH - Super Smash Hardcore

NG7

Smash Lord

Banner by GTR - Tournament name tentative

Lansmash is a Brisbane lan party group. Every year they hold a large lan party called "LS Arena", and this time, the folks at Lansmash have been kind enough to support a Smash tournament!

Click the banner below to visit Lansmash's website

So who is this tournament for?

Veterans! Another chance to prove yourself against your rivals. This will be the biggest Queensland event yet! Finals will be shown on projectors with commentary! What better way to win?

Newbies! Been lurking the boards shyly? Come out! Lansmash pulls 300 gamers to LS Arena events, so there's no question there will be people at your level that will allow you to learn.

People that love fun! So you're not too good at smash? Just come anyway! There will be time allocated to friendlies too. Or if you don't like to play, you can just watch and chat with us, though we guarantee you won't be able to resist having a scrum around, because it's Smash!

------------------------------------------

LS Arena details
Venue: - Sleeman Centre (Chandler)
- Cnr Old Cleveland & Tilley Roads Chandler Queensland 4155
- Map of Sleeman Centre (we'll be in Chander Arena)
- Location map of Sleeman Centre
Date: Saturday, 14th of July
Time: 9AM-11PM

Current LS Arena Games Schedule:

If you're coming give a yell RIGHT NOW! Tickets must be bought to this event so you don't want to miss out.

Rules

As you can see, players will be entered into heats and play in them from 10am to 12pm, then the higher ranking players will then be entered into a finals bracket starting from 3pm. It the size of either of these brackets have not yet been confirmed. Finals bracket will likely be double elimination.

General
1. Items are OFF
2. Four lives per player each game
3. Time limit of 8:00 minutes

Stage & Character Selection
1. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player may call for a reset. Each player can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
2. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series. Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.
3. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
4. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2, Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle (the one with 6 platforms) and Onett.
7. No stage may be used twice in a series.
8. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
9. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
10. Players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.
11. If the players meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the player coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players would only have one series loss.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing or stalling of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, are banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put yourself in a place to lose a life by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match.
4. Throughout the tournament, sets will be best of three, and championship finals best of five.

Rules are likely to undergo slight changes, will update in future

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
God we are awesome! Support us!

People from out of QLD are strongly encouraged to participate in this tournament! :D :D :D

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Should have an FFA tourney, there pro <3

edit: This tourney wont count towards ranks or boasting or anything. It is purely meant for fun and to get some more people into the scene. Kas is banned from going hard out. I for one will not be competing in the finals, I'd much rather do the commentary/filming which is what I will be doing for most of the day.

Tourney set up will be pool play with final 8 going to champ brackets. Our designated time is between 10am - 12pm and then finals @ 3pm.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
EDIT: I ban Zac from judging this post.

EDIT 2: Give your opinions and we'll decide from there.

EDIT 3: To stop Zac from crying. Baby. Someone's changed my view on this whole approach. No Zac, it's not you.

The reason I raised this topic is because of what happened earlier this year. So yeah, don't worry.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Zac you really don't make sense. So to stop you from crying anymore, I edited it.

EDIT: Jaz, hows about a collab banner rapeage for this one?

NG7

Smash Lord
Gaaaaah, smashboards won't let me edit!

So who's coming? I am.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Man, sounds like super awesome fun.

If we can pull atleast 30 peeps that would be even more super awesome.

I'm definatly in for some "OMFG Wavedash Hax"

This sounds awesome!

Kas better come, the noobs will be scared of his hardout.

NG7

Smash Lord
I'm assuming that none of you can actually buy tickets. For those of you that think you might, this is where to buy them online: http://www.lansmash.com/dw/tickets

Alright so that's Doug, Ryan, Michael and Anthony? Can you guys ask others from Ward please?

For some of the Warders that can't buy their own tickets (like i don't have unlimited cash lol), i'll go into the city and buy tickets for you. You guys have to be absolutely sure that you are going. Also you'll have to pay me back on the day (15 bucks each). So you're definitely confirmed?

NG7

Smash Lord
Ok Ward, i need a favour from you. Next time you post CLEARLY say whether you need me to buy a ticket for you or not, that'd be a great help

Sieg

Smash Champion
Before I fully say I am going to come though, I need to find a way to get down to the place.

Does anyone know if the place is near the train station?

NG7

Smash Lord
Ok i simplified the rules, because i think the guy that's hooking us up with this may need to post them somewhere on Lansmash.

Also Seig, i just added some more details to the front that might help you. I don't get the train much, so you'll have to just shove that into journy planner or something. I don't recall a trainstation nearby Sleeman, so if it's sorta far, just post and we'll see what arrangements we can make to pick up you Warders from there.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Gah! Stop saying hardout! :'C

I don't think I'll be able to make it.
My friend's 18th is on that day. Mm... I dunno.
Unless I somehow make him make all his friends come with ME to a Smash Tourny, which is a game he doesn't even know about, lol.
Although he is a slight gamer... <_<;; I'm not asking, stuff that.

Oh! Wait, I know I know.
Since it's only gonna be going till around... 3/4? I could always go, I'll be late to my friend's party, sure, but he has other friends, so he won't miss me too much.
How much are tickets?
Oh, $15? I'll see if I can do it myself.

Still dunno if I really wanna go. I've missed out on every other tourny and although I dunno if this'll count towards anything, do I really wanna break my streak of missing/not participating in tournies?
No, I want to uphold my title of being the most non-Smashing Smasher. Yarly.
Yet I attend every meet.
I'm such a hypocrite. Rofl. And I talk to myself. <_<;;

It's still a while away, like a full month. Get some training in HOSHT. C:

Lol, Jaz, yeah, they recruit by going easy on them, yeah, like to me. <_<;; First match was with Ryan and I was scared to death. XD
Then came Zac and thankfully he was having a bad day. =]
But no one was going easy. SUCH LIES!

NG7

Smash Lord
I'd suggest you decide whether you want to go or not ASAP.

I'm under the impression that there are limited tickets, mainly because the site says "reserve a ticket" (meaning to claim some of a limited amount), and if tickets were unlimited you'd have alot of people just milling around.

So yea, Ward get back to me quickly. Nick and Aron have already confirmed. I plan to go get the tickets from the city on Thurs or Fri.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Mmm will it be double elim or pools?

Oh and of course I will be there.

Pools deals with more people easier. PLus gives noobs more than 2 matches before they are knocked out.

NG7

Smash Lord
PLus gives noobs more than 2 matches before they are knocked out.
Actually i never thought of it that way :laugh:

Perhaps pools would be better in that case.

The reason i thought brackets was because we don't know how many and who is attending. I figured it woulda been easy to split the players up into different brackets and plug their names into the laptop. If you think pools would be as easy to organise then i'm all for it.

Edit: Post 1,000. Yey.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
You've already said that you're coming, have you told Toai to book a ticket for you?

EDIT: Big 1,200! only 137 away! :D

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sorry, I meant like, buy me a ticket Toai, I'm in for you buying me a ticket lol.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
"No stage may be used twice in a series." WRONG, its you may counterpick a stage that has been played only if you lost on that stage the 1st time it was played. Then it can't be picked again even if you lose twice.

I've got my tickey booked <3

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
SO you guys need a TV or 2 for this?

Or do they have their own?
It always better to have more than enough than not enough....
Anyone NEED a lift in order to go? (lack of knowledge of public transport/paranoid parents or someting else?) Ask me. My brakes work well. :)

K Bye.

Top Bottom