• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

landings

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
personally as a rob main since 3ds nair is by far imo the best way to land... most of the time. But i do get punished eventually and honestly im starting to think there are better landing options like straight up avoiding them. What do you guys think the best way to land is as rob.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Use those B-Reversals we got, nair is really good but I over use it and people catch on, I currently am trying to fix this.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Landing is actually one of R.O.B.'s weaknesses, so it's OK if you have trouble against good opponents.
If you're high up in the air, try using Dairs and Bairs to change your momentum, gyro cancelling should help too.
Throwing out hitboxes like Nair and Fair from a safe distance away might discourage the opponent from getting in your face.

Hopefully someone more qualified than me can answer your question, though; I have a ton of trouble with this :p

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
yeah i asked mister eric and he even said rob has a hard time landing. So i asked him how he does it and if you watch when he loses to marios it is normally cuz of an unsafe landing to marios up smash. He said he is currently rethinking landing as a whole so hopefully us fellow robs will have a better way soon :]

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
yeah i asked mister eric and he even said rob has a hard time landing. So i asked him how he does it and if you watch when he loses to marios it is normally cuz of an unsafe landing to marios up smash. He said he is currently rethinking landing as a whole so hopefully us fellow robs will have a better way soon :]
There's no reason why any of you should be waiting around while Eric and the rest of the top ROBs find new strategies. Hit the lab and figure things out for yourself. You should be rethinking landing, because you might come up with something better than Eric would have thought of. When everyone pushes the metagame, ROB will develop faster as a character.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
There's no reason why any of you should be waiting around while Eric and the rest of the top ROBs find new strategies. Hit the lab and figure things out for yourself. You should be rethinking landing, because you might come up with something better than Eric would have thought of. When everyone pushes the metagame, ROB will develop faster as a character.
i have been testing things out, ad i have a new few ideas but im currently testing them vs my friends

Top Bottom