• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing Dair

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
As most Yoshi players know, landing dair at any point can totally change the flow and outcome of a close match. The problem is, it's a ***** to land. One of the only times I can reliably land the move is on opponents trying to shorthop right next to me. You have to know it's coming and have several frames of advantage.

Another thing that's nice about this move is that it's relatively safe on block. If your opponent doesn't want to take any hits, they will shield all of them, giving you time to move behind them. Though this doesn't always prevent grabs unfortunately, it will prevent quick mashed out A counterattacks. Better yet, if you L-Cancel with Z and hold it, you will put up a light shield, getting you out of there quickly if your opponent decides to do anything other than grab.

It also woks for edgeguarding in most cases. Particularly against Falco. (It's harder vs Fox for some reason.) If aimed correctly, it will take out his Ub and Fb.

I've found it also works quite well for punishing teching on platforms. If you start out below the platform, and oh say uair them above it, should they tech, you can just pop up there and start the move. They wake up right into it. It's wonderful.

I hope you guys have given this move some thought, as I think it's very important, but not used enough. Any other things I'm missing?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Fast fall it when you are above the enemy with correct spacing and they won't see it coming. Use din this way it is a pretty safe bet to get back down to the ground. Just don't do this against Link too much, due to his uair.

Top Bottom