• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lamest or most frustrating Characters/Playstyles?

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
So I hear a lot of people saying "X character is lame," because they have a strategy is that either really simple, spammy, or unfun to play against. For example, many dislike Jigglypuff because of back air camping and how one mistake can lead to a rest. I ask because I want to get good, but in a respectable way so that people can't claim that I won because of the character I play being cheap.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
People will john about your character no matter who you play. Just win with whoever you like. I can't see this topic going anywhere.

Foo

Smash Lord
I agree with Tink-er mostly, but still.

:sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic:

I mean, omfg was this character a an utter nuisance to play against. Idk if he's less dumb in 3.5, but in 3.02, he could just down-b jump nair turn-down-b jump nair back and forth over and over and unless you had decent disjoint or great timing, you couldn't really do anything about it unless sonic made a major mistake. Playing the matchup was like getting used to a whole entire new game, and the game SUCKED. I saw boss almost lose to a sonic doing just down-b jump nairs for a solid minute straight at a time when he came to steal our lunch money at my locals.

Honorable mention,

:fox::falco::wolf::fox::falco::wolf::fox::falco::wolf::fox::falco::wolf:

For similar reasons as sonic, these guys are annoying because they, if they have any tech skill, they can just mindlessly pressure your shield and be almost completely safe. If they actually do mixups, then...

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm getting tired of going against Marth.

But I'm in Texas, which is Marth country, so it's mostly because every other match I play is against Marth.

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot

But I'm in Texas, which is Marth country, so it's mostly because every other match I play is against Marth.
Everywhere is Marth country, you will never escape the tipper. (really though there are so many newbie marths everywhere)

For me the most annoying character to deal with is tink. Its not just that he destroys wario, its that he can do it in the most mindless way. Special hatred also goes out to Spamus

hamyojo

Smash Ace
The most annoying playstyle is the kind where the player chooses to complain instead of adapt :069::069::069::069:

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
Most annoying character and playstyle is Wario with Side B. It is stupidly good. I've learned to shield grab to counter this spammy strategy but regardless its good because it has priority over so many other moves.

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
Most annoying character and playstyle is Wario with Side B. It is stupidly good. I've learned to shield grab to counter this spammy strategy but regardless its good because it has priority over so many other moves.
Just nair him off lol.

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
warios side b is actually pretty easy to beat, as the hitbox is small until the end. most fast lingering hit boxes will hit him out of it. it's harder to challenge later on, but by then you can easily shield on reaction.

MLGF

Smash Lord
...Link is dumb, I have this eternal loathing of that character.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
You don't get it. Everyone in Texas plays Marth. Even if you don't play Marth, you still play Marth.
I'm from Texas and I don't really notice an abundance of Marths in PM. It sounds like you're just getting tired of getting whooped by Nike and Dex lol

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
...Link is dumb, I have this eternal loathing of that character.
That ****ing boomerang
Get hit by it at 0% into both hits of fsmash and you're at 45% (3.02)
That was one of my most frustrating experiences.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm from Texas and I don't really notice an abundance of Marths in PM. It sounds like you're just getting tired of getting whooped by Nike and Dex lol
Funny thing about that is I've only started playing against Nike and Dex a couple of weeks ago, when I met them for the first time but have been attending fests before that still. But still Marth is the character I have played most against, or at least feels like it. I've probably played against Falcons and Falcos more though, in all honesty. Still, Texas is Marth country and you know it.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Marth and roy. Idk how many times they have recovered or biffed a grab and somehow my attack goes right through their body

ninjuh1124

Smash Cadet
The most respectable way is playing to win, no matter what character or strategy you have to use.
To add on to this, google "Sirlin Playing to Win."

TL;DR A win is a win is a win is a win. If your opponent had every opportunity to play as "cheaply" as you but didn't take it, it's their fault they lost, not yours.

Foo

Smash Lord
To add on to this, google "Sirlin Playing to Win."

TL;DR A win is a win is a win is a win. If your opponent had every opportunity to play as "cheaply" as you but didn't take it, it's their fault they lost, not yours.
Keep in mind, guys, this is irrelevant to the topic. Whether or not this is true, he asked what he could play where PEOPLE WOULDN'T CLAIM HE WON BECAUSE OF A CHARACTER. It doesn't matter how right or wrong the above is, because people will always complain about stuff being cheap or OP.

In other words, he is asking what the vast majority of people see as the most unfair/cheap stuff in the game so he can avoid that.

Agi

Smash Lord
Just don't adopt Chudat's Kirby strategy. Please. Check out GRSmash's latest video for that.

Bleck

Smash Master
everything that makes me lose is unfair and spammy and a gimmick and cheap and not-competitive

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
Samus because
1) Campy, makes match slow
2) Annoyingly awkward to combo

Last edited:

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146

You lie. Texas is Roy country.

At any given time at IaB, there are around 5 Roys present.

But probably Either Samus or Falco.
Falco can legitimately beat people using nothing but Dair.

Westballz did it in a set against iPK. It was both funny and heartbreaking.

Edit: Put Nair in original post, meant Dair

Last edited:

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Why should you care about someone else's opinion of how you win in a video game? Do what /you/ want, not what others want you to do.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Why should you care about someone else's opinion of how you win in a video game? Do what /you/ want, not what others want you to do.
I get that and I agree, but the thing is that I don't just want to win. I want to prove that I am better that the person I am playing against. TBH, I don't even care so much if I win so long as it is obvious that I played better. I am not afraid to do crazy offstage edgeguards and **** that could possibly get me killed so long as I can demoralize my opponent. If they can make some excuse about the character I play, then they have the ability to keep their head in the game. I want their spirit to break, which is why I have a ganon secondary.

Agi

Smash Lord
I don't just want to win. I want to prove that I am better that the person I am playing against. i am not afraid to do crazy offstage edgeguards and **** that could possibly get me killed so long as I can demoralize my opponent. I want their spirit to break, which is why I have a ganon secondary.
I think I have to quote this. It sounds so villainous and I love it.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I get that and I agree, but the thing is that I don't just want to win. I want to prove that I am better that the person I am playing against. TBH, I don't even care so much if I win so long as it is obvious that I played better. I am not afraid to do crazy offstage edgeguards and **** that could possibly get me killed so long as I can demoralize my opponent. If they can make some excuse about the character I play, then they have the ability to keep their head in the game. I want their spirit to break, which is why I have a ganon secondary.
If you win, you are the better player. Period. There is no other way around that when your opponent loses lol

If you wanna cause real salt though, destroying someone with Bowser always works.

JOE!

Smash Hero
When people switch from a character to Fox after they lose it pisses me off and disappoints me

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
is there away to di marths down throw so you don't get f smashed at low-mid %'s? ik how to di his f throw f smash but if i di that way it's just a dumb di trap for the backwords one, i hate having to guesstimate it, (not sure if it's reactable yet)

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
is there away to di marths down throw so you don't get f smashed at low-mid %'s? ik how to di his f throw f smash but if i di that way it's just a dumb di trap for the backwords one, i hate having to guesstimate it, (not sure if it's reactable yet)
It's reactable. DI away for the foward throw because it comes out quicker, and if you see the downthrow animation start to come out, hold away for the downthrow.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
That's because none of your melee people really go to Austin PM stuff, where as all of the SA Melee players randomly come out of the woods with no warning

And everyone in Texas still plays marth. Even you play Marth Steve

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
R.O.B. I feel like he's straight outta smash 4. He can be super campy and has a stage hazard with spinner. And his infinite range instant aimable kill laser always makes me salty and the voice inside my head goes "that's so damn stupid"

Honorable mention goes to G&W, he just has the most braindead playstyle and most obvious easy to land combos in the game. All his hitboxes are large and last a really long time, and do a ton of KB. It's not that you can't be skillfull with G&W it's just that if you are, it's hard to notice since even someone relatively bad at PM can figure him out.

EDIT: btw I secondary G&W in PM for this very reason.

Last edited:

Boardwalk

Smash Cadet

are you me???
-turn on project m
-at the character select screen go to the top right corner
-choose this character and join your place among the falcon mains

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
king dedede and sanic are my worst MU's omg I ****ing hate them both so much lol I just can't adapt to them ;_;
King dedede: fowardthrow>>minion>>neutral B suicide for the win.
Sonic: Run around,platform camp, and randomly jump in with that spinning move thingy.

Top Bottom