• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ladders?!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Nah, he's not climbing a ladder.

What kind of stupid question is that? XD

This is one of the new game mechanics, like swimming and crawling and footstool jumps.

Darkurai

Smash Master
This is old.

Oh, and rhetorical questions are bound to be responded to with sarcasm when a literal answer is that obvious.

EDIT: *indicates above post* I TOTALLY called it!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
When thinking about designing a stage, I have to wonder if you can grab ladders in midair and/or attack off of them. I was thinking about putting a single section of ladder in midair, both to help reach a high platform and to stall jumps and allow for strange midair mindgames.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Yet another n00bish thread, what is happening to SWF?

On topic: yes he's climbing a ladder...

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
ah, missed that one. ladders just seem a bit obsolete considering how high a lot of characters verticals are.

personally i have no idea how it's going to come into play. with 2 jumps + upB i can't imagine anything higher than we can jump, so why the ladder?

i can't say. i'll just have to play it out. but fighting over it in game will be fun. :)

iMichael

Smash Lord
*face to tha mothaf***** palm*

sorry ChumpMoney I'm going to have to

*cape your recovery*

burrito

Smash Lord
How about a stage that's just ladders? That would make for some crazy battles.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no you people are idiots! How can you not see it! zomg! Mario's not climbing a ladder! It is pretty obvious that its an item that replicates Link/Ike's Dair.......

...******* >_>

(I swear if you cannot see the sarcasm here.........zomg)

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Sonic confirmed?

Kittah: That would actually be pretty cool. Otherwise, unless they give you invincibility frames "ladder-climbing" seems rather useless.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
yes he is,

this game is much more than fighting. subSpace emissary, anyone?

that's why there are stairs. not because they're needed really to do something, much like the spikes. they just add something to something already good.

but yes, why ask toughts? what kind of answer would fit your expectations?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Thoughts: The implications of ladders.

If you can grab ladders in midair, the ability to cancel your jump could be invaluable to mindgames. Likewise, if you could jump off of a ladder and get your other jumps back, you would be able to use single lengths of ladder in custom map to basically produce platforms to dance around in the air that you can stick to. I think that would be rather cool.

And to all: Yes, obviously it is a ladder. Now post your THOUGHTS, assuming you have any, about ladders. Geezus.

Top Bottom