• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lack of Olimar Videos?

ThatManMa

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-5034-8443
I've recently taken an interest in learning how to play Olimar and have been trying to find videos to research his abilities. As of late, I haven't been able to find much gameplay to analyze. I've been only looking on youtube so far so maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I've recently taken an interest in learning how to play Olimar and have been trying to find videos to research his abilities. As of late, I haven't been able to find much gameplay to analyze. I've been only looking on youtube so far so maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?
Well since there are almost no Olimar players finding videos will be hard. I would love to be able to upload my matches with people, but crappy phone quality replay videos isn't something I'm to keen on doing. If I find any I'll be sure to let you know though.

Also if you're looking to playing Olimar you should check out the guide I wrote. It should help you get an understanding of the character.

Last edited:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's going to get a lot better when the WiiU version is out. Right now, as Myran said, there aren't that many Olimar players that want to upload videos.

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
http://youtu.be/GAdbHc8ngW4
Me :4olimar: vs Wizzzrobe :4diddy:

U guys probably kno Wizzzrobe id not then he's one of the best sm4sh players and possibly the best pm player and I played on his stream. This is one of the battles we did so critique and please give advice thanks.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I have some replays you guys could watch. I don't lose very often and was a pretty good brawl olimar player, so they may be helpful to someone. I don't have a capture card though so I would need one of you guys to help me out with getting them uploaded.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Once I get a new 3DS(because my current one has a damaged screen) I plan to upload some of my tournement matches with Alph.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
http://youtu.be/GAdbHc8ngW4
Me :4olimar: vs Wizzzrobe :4diddy:

U guys probably kno Wizzzrobe id not then he's one of the best sm4sh players and possibly the best pm player and I played on his stream. This is one of the battles we did so critique and please give advice thanks.
Um well there was a lot of rolling
Both of you guys could have punished each other hard
As far as the pikmin usage
You probably had a custom on because you plucked pikmin slowly
Either that or you just took your time plucking
Also you weren't playing your pikmin to their strengths you weren't tossing them out as much either
:(
Here is one of my videos
As soon as I play more people I will upload the rest of my videos
http://youtu.be/Z_7jmJSj3Rk

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
@ Master Morrison Master Morrison well I just picked him up 3 days ago and I play aggressively and do combos a lot. I do throw Pikmin at times but I don't spam them. Thanks for the advice doe

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
Ya
But you have to know the style of the characters that you're picking
Olimar is a defensive bait and punish character
That's like using Samus and just using her non projectile attacks
If you use them how their not supposed to be used
You will not get the optimal output of the character
But ya
Just play to your character's strengths whoever you decide to main

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I know what Master is talking about. There was a lot of moments where you could have sniped a white on him but just ran or rolled instead. I would also try playing without rolling at all. You'll find like 3-4x more openings in the opponent by just short hopping away or spot dodging. I'm not saying it's bad to roll at all, I'm saying it will help you roll a lot less.

Top Bottom