• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lack of Information !!

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

hi guys ! I'm new to smash boards, so I'm not sure if there has been a topic about this already,
but has anyone noticed how there's almost nothing we know about Peach ?
we've seen almost no video footage of her, and a handful of daily pictures have her included,
and the most of those pictures are of her standing there or taunting.
Do you think Sakurai is still working on her? or do you think he doesn't care much for her compared to the others?
why aren't we getting as much love for peach as we are for the others !
honestly ! we have almost nothing about her attacks/moves other than her recovery (the parasol),
peach bomber (side b), her push (dash A), and her side smash tennis racket
was shown for about a second in the smash direct back in March.
i know some of her other moves were confirmed on the main website,
but we don't know how they look while playing the game.

for example, what IS this ??
could it be her well deserved new final smash ? could it be one of her customizable moves ?

for more talk on peach, visit my analysis thread ! here's a link guys
make sure to vote in the poll !

http://tinyurl.com/ofd8aa2
:4peach:

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
The rainbow move is most probably her up air due to the fact we've seen up tilt and up smash.
But yeah we need much more info on Peach and her new moves (and hopefully new final smash)

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
The rainbow move is most probably her up air due to the fact we've seen up tilt and up smash.
But yeah we need much more info on Peach and her new moves (and hopefully new final smash)
it can't be her up air because you can see her dress isn't in its natural floating or jumping position
to me at least, it's obvious that she's planted feet on the ground.

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
I think it'll be a customizable move, likely her neutral B since there's not a lot of options in varying up Toad.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think the rainbow move must be one of hers - @ ToferTheHuman ToferTheHuman does make a very good point that it could be from Yoshi's Egg Toss (although IIRC the rainbow from Egg Toss is 'attached' to the egg during the Egg Toss whereas this rainbow appears to be either standalone or connected to Peach).

The lack of info on Peach is frustrating but definitely not surprising. I imagine the majority of people following the SSB4 website/videos will be more interested in information on new stages/characters/game modes etc. than information on Peach. Chances are that she's not finished either - I think she was one of the trickier characters to complete in Brawl and it might be a similar situation here.

It would be nice to see her in action a bit more (I am especially looking forward to learning more about her customisable moves) but at least we've been able to glean some information from her short appearances in various videos. Some characters have hardly featured at all (I don't remember seeing much of Ike or Diddy Kong for example).

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I think the rainbow move must be one of hers - @ ToferTheHuman ToferTheHuman does make a very good point that it could be from Yoshi's Egg Toss (although IIRC the rainbow from Egg Toss is 'attached' to the egg during the Egg Toss whereas this rainbow appears to be either standalone or connected to Peach).

The lack of info on Peach is frustrating but definitely not surprising. I imagine the majority of people following the SSB4 website/videos will be more interested in information on new stages/characters/game modes etc. than information on Peach. Chances are that she's not finished either - I think she was one of the trickier characters to complete in Brawl and it might be a similar situation here.

It would be nice to see her in action a bit more (I am especially looking forward to learning more about her customisable moves) but at least we've been able to glean some information from her short appearances in various videos. Some characters have hardly featured at all (I don't remember seeing much of Ike or Diddy Kong for example).
Ike was announced not too long ago, and diddy kong was announced when ? i wanna say … february or april ? either before the smash direct or right after .. peach was one of the first announced back in like september / october, apart from the main cast they released the game information initially.
i don't think that she deserves that, because we are seeing a lot of luigi, a lot of kirby, a lot of link, new moves for sheik, zelda, and more for veterans.
she was not involved in smash direct in march a lot, she was not involved in smash fest, and she was not involved in smash invitational.
you know I'm right ...

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Peach's Rainbow is different from Yoshi's egg, as seen here.

Also, I assume we don't have much info because Peach is getting a makeover. So far she seems like the veteran that is most different from her Brawl counterpart.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman

Also, I assume we don't have much info because Peach is getting a makeover. So far she seems like the veteran that is most different from her Brawl counterpart.
Which is a good thing hopefully

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

Thank you for the picture !!
and yes, peach always seems to get some special attention doesn't she lol !
she's definitely getting a lot of changes, hopefully not too many that she feels completely different though.

Which is a good thing hopefully
agreed !! they better buff her up majorly !

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ike was announced not too long ago, and diddy kong was announced when ? i wanna say … february or april ? either before the smash direct or right after .. peach was one of the first announced back in like september / october, apart from the main cast they released the game information initially.
i don't think that she deserves that, because we are seeing a lot of luigi, a lot of kirby, a lot of link, new moves for sheik, zelda, and more for veterans.
she was not involved in smash direct in march a lot, she was not involved in smash fest, and she was not involved in smash invitational.
you know I'm right ...

Oh yea I'm certainly not disagreeing with you - her screen time is pretty rubbish compared to most of the other characters.

I'm just saying at least we've seen bits and pieces of her in action...even if it is mostly her using Up Tilt. Given her glitchy F Tilt animation seen in the Direct, she probably is still being worked (which is a good thing) and wasn't completed to satisfactory condition in time for the smash fest/invitational. Hopefully we'll see something Peach related soon though :)

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Oh yea I'm certainly not disagreeing with you - her screen time is pretty rubbish compared to most of the other characters.

I'm just saying at least we've seen bits and pieces of her in action...even if it is mostly her using Up Tilt. Given her glitchy F Tilt animation seen in the Direct, she probably is still being worked (which is a good thing) and wasn't completed to satisfactory condition in time for the smash fest/invitational. Hopefully we'll see something Peach related soon though :)
You saw my peach thread ! Thanks and yes I am deathly excited to see how she's finished . Thanks for visiting my threads sir

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I truly believe that it is because of Toad being a playable character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Tweaking Peach's move properties would not be reason to keep her under wraps for a year. Not only would that have been done by now, but even if so, that would not have kept her from being in more screen shots and in controlled videos where they show the exact cause and effect they intend to display.

The characters with drastic changes had been with held- there is without question some stronger reason Peach's moves have been withheld from us, and it falls much more strongly than just adjusting the nuances of her attacks. Whether that means a big move change we expect (such as a Solo fighting Toad- hinted at in a Tableaux early on; or just a huge movement variance, such as Yoshi) is what we can be unsure of.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Tweaking Peach's move properties would not be reason to keep her under wraps for a year. Not only would that have been done by now, but even if so, that would not have kept her from being in more screen shots and in controlled videos where they show the exact cause and effect they intend to display.

The characters with drastic changes had been with held- there is without question some stronger reason Peach's moves have been withheld from us, and it falls much more strongly than just adjusting the nuances of her attacks. Whether that means a big move change we expect (such as a Solo fighting Toad- hinted at in a Tableaux early on; or just a huge movement variance, such as Yoshi) is what we can be unsure of.
but visit my peach analysis thread, i have facts that she's still being worked on.
it could be that, and the fact that she i guess, lacks in popularity ? maybe thats also a reason why
they didn't let her be in the invitational/smash fest/ sdcc demo gameplay

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
but visit my peach analysis thread, i have facts that she's still being worked on.
it could be that, and the fact that she i guess, lacks in popularity ? maybe thats also a reason why
Peach is one of my mains, so I am happy that she is getting more Peach-like moves and not just more kicks and slaps. I wonder if all of those effects that she is showing have anything to do with her wish powers from paper mario and bowser's inside story? e.e I am pretty exciter for her new moves, and did you notice that her push dashing move has been given a magic effect? I hope this means that she will be more of a magic user like zelda, rosalina, robin, and palutena, I wanna see them all in a battle together. But yeah I hope that they are holding her back because she is getting some new moves.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Peach is one of my mains, so I am happy that she is getting more Peach-like moves and not just more kicks and slaps. I wonder if all of those effects that she is showing have anything to do with her wish powers from paper mario and bowser's inside story? e.e I am pretty exciter for her new moves, and did you notice that her push dashing move has been given a magic effect? I hope this means that she will be more of a magic user like zelda, rosalina, robin, and palutena, I wanna see them all in a battle together. But yeah I hope that they are holding her back because she is getting some new moves.
yea I covered all this in my peach analysis thread ! you can find it in my signature, of just go to the °PEACH° thread if you go back to the peach forums

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So.... reading through this thread again, I guess this thread is just a big link without a link to that other thread, then?

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
So.... reading through this thread again, I guess this thread is just a big link without a link to that other thread, then?
well, here it's discuss what people think about her, why they haven't really shown her at all, what kind of changes they could make
while the other one is really general, and has like, costume possibilities, a bunch of pictures, polls, some tech you can get that is peach related
& i'll put a link in the thread if you like, sorry about that … don't want any trouble.. don't gotta be rude

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not trying to be rude mate; just dont see the difference.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I truly believe that it is because of Toad being a playable character.
I still find this very unlikely and improbablt... like, in middle of developing the game?

I think she's just really reworked on, going off from Sakurai's statement about how every move in the game might not be final and get tweaked during development - and here we seem to notice it's in her whole moveset. I don't think a single attack changed from her warrants that many changes.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I still find this very unlikely and improbablt... like, in middle of developing the game?

I think she's just really reworked on, going off from Sakurai's statement about how every move in the game might not be final and get tweaked during development - and here we seem to notice it's in her whole moveset. I don't think a single attack changed from her warrants that many changes.
that's not true, her up smash, side smash, and more have changed a bit
and yeah, don't think toad is going to be playable at all

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

No, I think Toad was agreed upon far earlier, for numerous reasons.
I think that Toad was showcased as a move to lead us off of his trail, and that this is the prime reason Sakurai stated, specifically when showcasing Peach (but as a caveat for all characters) that moves were subjected to possible changes.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I actually don't want it to be her up air, because I like her up kick in the air, it looks like it has more reach than that horizontal rainbow
It doesn't seem so lady like to open your legs wearing a dress. XP

I'd prefer a rainbow attack because it looks fabulous and Peach deserves another fabulous move! :)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Honestly I think it's just because they want to showcase newcomer Rosalina more right now.

I'll admit it does seem suspicious though and hope it means she's getting something new and exciting(other than visual effects).

Obviously I'd love for DukeNapoleon to be right so I can get the full set of SMB2/3D World/Mario Kart 64 fighters, but unless that playable Toad is going to be Captain Toad yesterday's facebook images proves he's still Peach's B.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly I think it's just because they want to showcase newcomer Rosalina more right now.

I'll admit it does seem suspicious though and hope it means she's getting something new and exciting(other than visual effects).

Obviously I'd love for DukeNapoleon to be right so I can get the full set of SMB2/3D World/Mario Kart 64 fighters, but unless that playable Toad is going to be Captain Toad yesterday's facebook images proves he's still Peach's B.
Or perhaps they even realized later on his potential as DLC and removed him due to Captain Toad the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom