• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LA Variable Size Problem

Stezan

Smash Rookie
I am using a character's run animation to increment LA Basic[83] + 1 (set as a hex value) each time the animation plays in order to alter the properties of the dash attack after having run for a set amount of frames. However, it seems that the variable won't go over 19 and I'd like it to be higher before altering the change in the dash attack.

Here's a basic rundown of my code (its Samus btw)

Subaction F Run
Synchronous Timer: 18 Frames
Basic Variable Add: LA-Basic[83] +1
Asynchronous Timer: 26 Frames

Subaction 4E
If Compare: LA Basic[83] >= 19 <-This is where I'd like it to be higher
Dash attack after running awhile​
Else:
Original dash attack properties​

If I set the value in the If Compare line any higher, it never activates. Any one have any suggestions?

Toomai

Smash Ace
First thing that comes to mind is that LA-Basic[83] isn't unused, though I don't know either way.

Second thing that comes to mind is "that's over 8 seconds of running", since it increments once every 26 frames, and so would take about 494 frames to get to 19 from 0. Not sure if that's what you want but seems suspect to me; 8 seconds is more than enough time for something to change behind the scenes.

Other than that I'm not sure.

shanus

Smash Hero
LA-Basic 83 likely doesn't exist as well. Most characters won't actually have a variable that size and you will actually be overwriting something random that might not be capable of being used. Use something like la-basic 24 as an example, as long as the character isn't under the effect of "flower" it should work fine

Stezan

Smash Rookie
Yeah it seems a bit much but the value continued to climb too fast when it was set to anything lower than 19, and when I changed the variable's # (83 to say 101 or something similar), it didn't seem to make a difference either. Trying to use a float variable didn't work at all. I may just have to play around till I find one that works.

I am curious, is this the right way of counting up once each run animation if her run is 26 frames?

Top Bottom