• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L-Town Throw Down @ de Lux Lounge

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
I work the 20th too........
Since I work at office depot I'm going to be busier then usual until september ( back to school rush) , when school starts picking up....

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Does anyone have a universal remote that works I can borrow/keep? I might have a sixth TV, but I can't get it to go to an A/V input mode using only the buttons on the tv. I want to see if a universal works

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute wtf? Did this already happen?

Idk what's going on did i miss something?

DeLux

You missed the first one.

The next one will be happening on the 20th

DeLux

The notables from KC are going to that tourney

I unfortunately, have work the next day for 13 hours so logistically I couldn't make it :(

DeLux

Yeah, I know Fino is taking a car so it's not like KC is not going

YOU should come up to one of ours though :)

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know Fino is taking a car so it's not like KC is not going

YOU should come up to one of ours though :)
Yeah man for sure. Whenever you guys have a big tourny I will come up. Its a 6 hour drive so I want at least 35 entrants :p

DeLux

I'm not sure. We might just have a glorified smashfest because:

- Some of KC (Fino and MJG) are going to Oklahoma for Super Bit Warz. If you can at all go to that you should.

- The Library is holding it's mini tourney 3:00pm to 4:30pm. I don't know if I'm allowed to go anymore since I'm not allowed to volunteer anymore :( And they haven't said if they planned to have me work or not. If they have me work it, I'd probably open doors at noon and not start on bracket until 5pm. If that's the case, we'd only do doubles/singles and no side event

I want to start getting a head count locally if you're coming. As long as we have 8, we'll do a bracket

DeLux

When my phone blew up, I lost most of the numbers of people that I've invited :(

DeLux

Sooo, I haven't heard if anyone is coming this weekend, and I don't have the phone numbers to contact

I'll be around my apt recovering from my reenactment of The Hangover tonight. Call before you come and we'll at least have a smashfest

DeLux

Alright guys, I updated the tourney info including some updates on amateur and pro bracket splits :)

DeLux

We have only one MK main in KC, so I'm probably going to soft ban him at my events.

Especially for the new people.

Honestly, I'd prefer for him to remain legal and would probably not object if anyone uses him against me, but given it's going to be the new standard I will encourage new people NOT to main MK. Which is like polar opposite of what I've been doing in the past.

DeLux

Results:

1: BRD ($10) :pit: :olimar: (4 player points)
2: Wrath ($6) :wolf: (2 player points)
3: Fragger ($2) :toonlink: (1 player point)
4: Jesus :zelda: :peach:
5: The Gospel :fox: :dedede:
5: Vega :kirby:
7: Tyson :wario:
7: Duck :pt:
9: Tyzentar :olimar: :ganondorf:

Pro Bracket:
1: DeLux :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: (2 pro points for 1st)
2: BRD :pit: (1 pro point for 2nd)

Congrats BRD, you've been bumped up out of amateur bracket with 4 amateur points. Wrath has two more amateur points to go with two points before also being bumped to pro. Fragger has 3 more amateur points to get bumped receiving one amateur point today.

DeLux

I'm not going to do results threads. Maybe one giant one every 5 tournies btw since most of us are going to operate off of Facebook anyways.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
No, there's one on the 5th of November, or next weekend.

May try and make this if I have a ride down to KS.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
50-50 I'll be here, I would probably require transportation of maybe an hour but I have gas$. I don't remember what city my dad works/sleeps at when he's in kansas, but I think he's planning on going somewhere between friday afternoon and saturday morning, early.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
50-50 I'll be here, I would probably require transportation of maybe an hour but I have gas$. I don't remember what city my dad works/sleeps at when he's in kansas, but I think he's planning on going somewhere between friday afternoon and saturday morning, early.
This guy has a question that should be answered, imo.

DeLux

This guy has a question that should be answered, imo.
I don't see a questions in either of these...

@Cook

If you want to come you're more than welcome to. But you'll be in the pro bracket. MK will also most likely be banned. (At the very least, you can expect to not be allowed to use him against the three winners of the amateur bracket when they get inserted into the pro bracket, I'll decide the legality against other SWF'ers once I get a better feel for who is coming). More or less, the ratings system in the second post of the thread is going to include tournies after Apex when MK is no longer legal so I'd like consistent rules throughout.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I guess I didn't ask a question but I kinda imposed myself on someone, which is close.

basically I would probably need a ride from somewhere in kansas, and if it isn't close to where you live or where anyone else who is coming would be at, I'd just not come basically

edit: lol, so could I get a ride from someone potentially (lololoolollolo I don't know where from because I never talk to my dad)

Edit: also, I should be eligable for the amature bracket since I've never won a tournament other than a con one.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
If you are reasonably between kc and lawrence I can, problem is I open at work the next day so I won't have too much time to drop people off, already bringing averil. An exact address would be nice

:phone:

DeLux

I don't know if anybody is going to commit to picking you up without an address

And if you have an issue with not being eligible for the amateur bracket, don't come :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you are reasonably between kc and lawrence I can, problem is I open at work the next day so I won't have too much time to drop people off, already bringing averil. An exact address would be nice

:phone:
Leavenworth, KS? It says it's like 35 minutes from Lux's. I'd get there around 1:30 p.m. as we would be leaving at 10:30 a.m.

Top Bottom