• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L Cancelling?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
OH
MY
LORD

No u didn't son

:yeahboi:

MT Williams

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTW829
3DS FC
2423-4493-5543
Just wanted to know. I'm still not exactly sure how to. I got wave dashing pretty much down tho.

I know I probably sound ridiculous..but I'm more of a Brawl player. I never learned these techniques.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Just press a shoulder button or Z or w/e you have set up to shield within 7 frames of landing during an aerial to cut the lag in half. Might still want to watch that vid to get an idea of SHFFLing though, don't feel like explaining that here.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Just pretend you have to tech whenever you land. That's how I learned lol.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Come with me ♫♪♫ and you will be ♫♪♫
in a wooooorld of pure competitive imagination ♫♪♫

Thanks for this.
I've always been unable to do this stuff (I can shorthop, but often in battle, I lose focus on how I press the button). I can't even do a lot of techs in Brawl. I tried to learn how to DACUS there, but I could never get it down. I think my problem is my reflexes. I don't have bad reflexes or anything, but I'm bad at timing things like this.
Personally, I wish that they could create a tightly knit, competitive smash game that didn't rely on things like this that are difficult (at least for me) to pull off (and I realize that I'd be asking a lot there, lol). That being said, nothing against people who are good at it. Very envious over here. I need to find somebody to practice with for PM on this stuff, because I would like to learn.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Learning tech skill doesn't require any kind of good reaction time at all. Reaction time develops as you play the game more. Tech skill is reliant on muscle memory.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Yeah, like I said, I need to find a Melee/PM (or even a Brawl player for DACUS) that I can practice with. I feel that might help. I try to do this on my own and I'm not the greatest at it. I'll try again though.

Rizner

Smash Ace
This type of thing just takes practice. Start without others and keep trying until you can do it reliably, then do it in matches against cpu for how to use it in matches of you can't find others to do the same right now. A lot of this can be learned on your own, then the key later is figuring out when and where to use it.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
You should probably learn more of the basics of the game before wave dashing, but that's just imo. L cancelling is definitely more important, and especially short hopping.

Top Bottom