• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kustom Kirby! Custom move possibilities

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Now that we know everyone has 2 variations of their special moves, what do you think kirby's would be?
Here's my personal break down:

N:
We already know ice breath is confirmed, and it would be easy to say he would have a fire breath, but Samus & Toon Link might be going that route also so I think it would be more interesting if he had the Mic ability instead! It has a small hit box, a little bigger than his body, but if it connects it does a lot of knock back, like a less powerful easier to hit version of the Jiggs reset rest.

Side:
Kirby swings his hammer over head vertically instead of horizontally. It Spikes but does less damage due to having a swing that covers a larger area. In the air it works like it did in Melee.
Sword Kirby, Even weaker but quicker to pull out.
Burn kirby, another possibility is bringing kirby's old dash attach back as a special.

Down:
Spark Kirby, instead of turning into a rock kirby releases electricity that slows his falling speed, the hit box is as large as the rocks that first form over kirby.
Iron Kirby, transformation is quicker both in and out, but instead of going straight down it goes with your current momentum and does less damage

Can't think of anything for Up except parasol kirby (too much like Peach) & Jump Kirby (Too much like Dedede, Pit & Fox)

So what are your ideas guys?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
U Special: Fighter Kirby's Rising Break. Sorta like one of Mii Brawler's Up B's.
N Special: Suplex Kirby's Piledriver Suplex. Suck 'em towards you, then PILEDRIVE 'EM INTO THE GROUND! >:D
S Special: Yo-Yo Kirby's Yo-Yo Swing. Extemely Fast and Weak with Little-to-none Knockback, but has no Lag what-so-ever, is Multi-hitting and can juggle easily.
D Special: Fire Kirby's Fire Spin. Kirby lights hisself on fire, and does a Sonic-Bounce-Bracelet type motion towards the ground, and rolls forward a bit on landing. Strong and Multi-hitting with good range, but slow, and even more lag then Stone.

jigglover

Smash Lord
That mic attack is incredibly overpowered. I want mic kirby as a neutral special attack, but I always thought of it as a heavy damaging, low knockback attack, but akin to Jigglypuff's sing attack it has circles of sound barriers surrounding Kirby; the sound barrier closest to Kirby does the most damage and the power weakens through the three rings. Either that, or each sound ring can reach out at a farther distance as the move progresses, and anyone caught in the first wave gets hit thrice, the second wave twice and the third wave once,

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
That mic attack is incredibly overpowered. I want mic kirby as a neutral special attack, but I always thought of it as a heavy damaging, low knockback attack, but akin to Jigglypuff's sing attack it has circles of sound barriers surrounding Kirby; the sound barrier closest to Kirby does the most damage and the power weakens through the three rings. Either that, or each sound ring can reach out at a farther distance as the move progresses, and anyone caught in the first wave gets hit thrice, the second wave twice and the third wave once,
Like that move Palutena knows!

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
How About a Custom for Side B, Down B, or Up B that is Copy for their respective button combo? Hats get messy, but it could be limited to only one copy per kirby moveset.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Full Kirby Special Moveset Idea.

:GCB: Basic: Inhale, Alt 1: Ice Breath (slightly stronger than Ice Climbers equivalent), Alt 2: Fire Breath (Bland considering we have 2 characters with this move, but it is a nice contrast).
:GCL::GCB::GCR: Basic: Hammer Flip, Alt 1: Yo-Yo toss (range like a boomerang, but one continuous, moving hitbox that is weak, has low knockback outwards, but pulls people in on the return path), Alt 2: Smash Punch (Simple forward traveling projectile, wider Falco blaster but with long endlag?)
:GCB::GCU:Basic: Final Cutter, Alt 1: Condor Dive (basically version of Dedede's Mega jump, but more horizontal in trajectory), Alt 2: Spiral Horn (Works like Wario or Little Mac's recovery).
:GCB::GCD:Basic: Stone, Alt 1: "Hammer Bash", from the Treehouse Direct, Alt 2: SmokeScreen/BlossomStorm (Counter-move, couldn't choose between the two because the former seems better for programming, but the latter just looks so beautiful).

Final Smash: Ultra Sword but has a chance to draw any of the weapons it did in RtD.

Last edited:

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
GUYS!

no need more for speculations! I have all the custom moveset right here!! ^^

see at 3:40, there begins the custom menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU#t=235

and at 3:56 you will see all the abilities in japanese and in 1 pic for each ability!

Now let's speculate what each move will do precisely :D
Little disappointed they don't look as creative as what our guesses are :[

The second Rock one looks like it buries people in the ground and his 3rd neutral B is him jumping and swallowing his opponent at the same time. Hard to tell what everything else does.
On an unrelated note, love the Bossin robot suite for the MiiFighter at 4:29!

Last edited:

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Someone translated the names of Kirby's moves:

final cutter, earth wave, rising cutter
stone, embedding stone, meteor stone
hammer, launching hammer, big hammer
inhale, frost breath, inhale jump

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 - let The Age of Jumping Kirbycides commence

I'm sort of surprised at Kirby's custom moves...I was expecting Sakurai to draw more off different powerups in the Kirby series

Yeah i thought so too, but i think sakurai wanted to focus kirby on his ability where he is most known for: COPY ABILITY!
That's why I think he's doesn't want to give kirby to much power-up like the forward B (his hammer).

But to be honest, more abilites like that would be awesome!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm actually surprised the Hammer Throw wasn't one of the side-B variants. He'd've thrown the hammer forward when you released the button, but after you used it you couldn't use it again for another 20 seconds.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
What want to know is if the j.suction can be used as an extra jump, that would be cool as getting back on stage.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Kirby looks like a pressure machine in this game. With Hungrybox's back air spam, a Rock that buries people and leaves them there open for a Hammer Flip in the face, a BUFFED KIRBYCIDE that punishes air campists, good speed, lots of multihitting moves in a game with no SDI. Kirby can't get better. He is just too good.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I could see the three versions of Inhale all being useful in different matchups. The default works best against rushdown characters, the lunge against characters that like to keep you at arm's length, and Ice Breath would work best against characters whose abilities don't help much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom