• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kumite in Tennessee - Nashville, TN - Jul 12, 08

BigRiceMan

Smash Rookie
My crew and I will be coming to represent Clarksville. I know most of the C-ville players are underground, but it's been a while since I've stepped into any tournament scene(since DDR was hyped). Yeah, I look forward to new competition and seeing how good the other TN players are.

Also, Battle hunters? The very old ps1 game, or something else?

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Vandy tourneys? Since when? I should've been looking harder, I guess.

I'm home for the summer, but are these going to continue into the school year?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Vandy tourneys? Since when? I should've been looking harder, I guess.

I'm home for the summer, but are these going to continue into the school year?
i think this is a one time thing but Look up JMOAN as he goes to Vandy and is a Beast at Melee. We are in a Crew together.

Demon Rider

Smash Rookie
I mean is this created by a group up people just for fun, or is this like a real tournament from Nintendo employees or something :p

Vandy

Smash Cadet
Lol, no. I (and my partner CodEZ) have no affiliation with Nintendo. This is a community run tournament. It's actually not at Vanderbilt, although it is in a hotel pretty close by. Hope to see you come anyway, it should be a blast!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
comon guys this thread needs to be pumped up a bit more than what it is.

Btw Vandy do you know a guy named Phat Mike or just Mike Paulk cause he thinks he know you. He plays Tekken and is pretty good. i think im gonna get him to come with me to this to enter in Tekken.

PS Soul Caliber 3 should be dropped cause its a pretty lame game lol either use Soul Caliber 2 or Smash Bros Brawl Doubles
I WOULD EFFIN LOVE DOUBLES. they are so fun.

Disregard this Doubles is On. Gonna get my friend Kevin to come and Team with me. its time for RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!
and Doubles Pot should be 60\30\10 so that second doesnt get teh **** too bad.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
it doesnt Matter cause JMOAN will win VandyLan anyway (especially if its melee)

he won it last year and got second the year before (MSlano beat him)

Milln

Smash Champion
We should totally wear nametags reading "Hi, My name is:" and our smashboards name or brawl alias. >,> It'd be awesome.'

<,<...

Handorin

Smash Hero
We should totally wear nametags reading "Hi, My name is:" and our smashboards name or brawl alias. >,> It'd be awesome.'

<,<...
I agree.
I also stress the "My name is:" part.

*looks at avatar.* >_>

Milln

Smash Champion
I've seen that same joke, only it was done with multiple My Name Is: tags overlapping each other and it looked better. D=

Milln

Smash Champion
I'mma bring my laptop. And post on smashboards from the hotel. XD

"HEY GUYS I'M HERE LAWLALWL"

QUESTION. ABout the televisions in the room. What hookups are available? Only coaxial or is there some composite I can hook my Wii up to for when i'm not hanging out with everyone else? Need to know whether or not I need to bring an RF Modulator or not.

Called the front desk, the lady didn't have the answer. D=

BigRiceMan

Smash Rookie
Seems like this is going to be a good turn-out. So what time is smash going to start? Is it going to start when everything else is finished or play while other games are playing as well?

Milln

Smash Champion
QUESTION. ABout the televisions in the room. What hookups are available? Only coaxial or is there some composite I can hook my Wii up to for when i'm not hanging out with everyone else? Need to know whether or not I need to bring an RF Modulator or not.

Called the front desk, the lady didn't have the answer. D=
Nobody answered me. T-T

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
Still not sure if me and a few of my crew are gonna make it... Vexen is our driver and he is in hawaii till thursday and im not sure if he will be in the mood to drive =(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is there double-occupancy? I would love to go if I could split a room's price among three other people.

Also, what time are the Brawl tournaments going to be? That's important for me, too. I may just be here.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
Is there double-occupancy? I would love to go if I could split a room's price among three other people.

Also, what time are the Brawl tournaments going to be? That's important for me, too. I may just be here.
Yes, double occupancy. Two queen size beds for $55.

Doubles starts at 12, singles starts immediately after doubles ends. May even start singles as doubles is winding down.

Top Bottom