• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kst 2: This Friday, 10:15 Pm Signups, Low Tiers.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hi..I am going to start hosting tournaments weekly on the Galaxy 64 server...mostly since tournaments hosted on this forum never get finished due to people forgetting about them (LOL online smash communities). If you are on at the time of the tournament, you are there.

This post will be updated with an archive of winner's, possibly matches if they are recorded, and the rules of previous tournaments

Note that I will not list registrations on here, join the tournament there, not here. Post here as an aftermath of tournaments, or to chat about them.

Tournament 2: low tiers.

Galaxy 64, sign up at 10:15 PM Friday, signups will end at 10:40, tournament begins at 11:00, East Coast Standard time.

See general rules below for other things

General rules for ALL normal tournaments:
hosting area: Galaxy 64
Time hosted: Usually on Friday's or Saturday's around 10
5 stock
Normal stages, start on DL or Hyrule, normal stages banned (Zebes, Mushroom, Sector Z, and Yoshi's)
Excessive lag is banned. This is mostly a non-p2p tournament. You cannot join doubles if you can only play on p2p without lagging. This is a tournament for people who can play on this server. If your connection is tested and your connection lags badly, you cannot join any of these tournaments.
If teams, Team Attack on
No items
Random seeding, outside of specific tournaments

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
What makes it a mostly non-P2P tournament?
If you cannot play the tournaments without lagging (this means nonp2p, and if you cannot host p2p, you cannot join the tournament.)

What I mean is that basically if you cannot play on Galaxy64, I would not recommend joining the tournament.

kit

Smash Apprentice
cool I'll most likely be partaking, I was actually going to a melee tournament on this day but I'll be out of town so I can't make it there... but I'm sure I'll be home in time for this... how lucky =]

MattNF

Smash Lord
would you be able to extend sign ups just slightly later (like until 10:45)?

I get home from work around 10:40 that day

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if the other people are fine with waiting, ill extend it. At MOST Ill have 32 people.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Are they always going to be standard tournaments, or will you ever have any sort of variation, i.e. low tiers?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
2nd week will be low tiers most likely
3rd will be an item based one..(You know mega style, the one without recovery items/star man, or maybe with a specific item)
4th will be something lol

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
PD and Fire are playing Grand Finals tomorrow, so...it will update then
Next week is either Low tiers (as in C and D tier) or MEGA 1v1 (1v1 with all items outside of Recovery items/Starman)

Entries: 8
1. Either PD or Fire
2. Either PD or Fire
3. Firo
4.KoRoBeNiKi
5. Orion
5. MattNF
7. SilentSlayers
7. SmasherX74 (LOL)

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
lol tournament. Also, sorry to Firo for being on the phone for like 20 minutes and then having to give you the win. **** random important phone calls.

firo

Smash Ace
The tourney tuned out well. Looking forward to more of them. And no problem to SilentSlayers, those things happen sometimes.

kit

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, I will be busy for sure saturday but will most likely be in g64 for this one if its friday wooot

Battlecow

Play to Win
When it's on saturday, is it usually this late at night? seems like that would go pretty late. If it's on saturdays during the actual day, I should usually be able to play. Sounds really fun.

edit: Oh, and who won the last one? I'm oddly curious.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
there were only 4 people there for the tournament, so it wasn't held.

This week has been cancelled.

Top Bottom