• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal

Best101

Smash Ace
Falco doesn't need to be replaced by a character who arrived to the Nintendo scene about 10 years after him (I'm talking about Krystal here). She would be cool but she doesn't need to replace Falco. And I think that Mewtwo was intended to be in the game but was cut out for some reason unknown (probably time constraints)

And dude, I like your username it's hilarious. :laugh:

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
Falco doesn't need to be replaced by a character who arrived to the Nintendo scene about 10 years after him (I'm talking about Krystal here). She would be cool but she doesn't need to replace Falco. And I think that Mewtwo was intended to be in the game but was cut out for some reason unknown (probably time constraints)

And dude, I like your username it's hilarious. :laugh:
u sed it, falco is awesome! and i still believe that mewtwo was replaced when they decided to add sonic in 2007. lol

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
How many games was Krystal in? I can only remember her from that Star Fox Dinosaur Planet game which I wasn't that impressed by...

Poel

Smash Cadet
Falco was a highly used character from melee. The Krystal, and even the Ridley backlash (I said it), would have been utterly eclipsed by the furor if Falco was cut. Plus Krystal is the most ridiculously overrated character ever.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Plus Krystal is the most ridiculously overrated character ever.
Replace "Krystal" with "Falco" or "Wolf" and you've just about nailed my thoughts on the subject. Seriously, I don't mind Falco or Wolf, I just don't like the fact that they're both in. Even personality wise, they aren't far apart. Having both of them doesn't add a whole lot. :/

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Win, for referring to Krystal as "this," which is like another form of "it" used in a different context.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
@ Poel: No (to both Krystal being "the most ridiculously overrated character ever" and the furor the lack of Falco would have caused).
Actually, many people even assumed that Falco would get axed for Krystal.

@ OP: True. But we have to deal with the fact that Krystal will not be playable until Nintendo decides to release SSB4.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
What is so good about falco? Hes just a silly pilot in the series. He is an unimportant character in the game.

NukeA6

Smash Master
What is so good about falco? Hes just a silly pilot in the series. He is an unimportant character in the game.
Unimportant, huh? He's the most recognized member of Star Fox next to Fox himself. Krystal wasn't even around in the two best (and well known) Star Fox games. She first appeared when the series was going downhill.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Falco can't get replaced it doesn't make sense taking him out just to add a less popular character

If you say that then what good is jigglypuff pikachu wolf zelda rob wario peach G&W donkey kong they are all unimportant

Im just saying that if you think that he should not be in because hes not important then more than half of the characters in brawl should not be in

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Falco can't get replaced it doesn't make sense taking him out just to add a less popular character

If you say that then what good is jigglypuff pikachu wolf zelda rob wario peach G&W donkey kong they are all unimportant

Im just saying that if you think that he should not be in because hes not important then more than half of the characters in brawl should not be in
Well, wolf is the main villan in the star fox series, so of course wolf is more important than falco. And Krystal is fox's girlfriend. I mean why put a game without fox's girlfriend?

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Well, wolf is the main villan in the star fox series, so of course wolf is more important than falco. And Krystal is fox's girlfriend. I mean why put a game without fox's girlfriend?
That doesnt make any sense. Why put a game without Fox's best friend, huh (Falco)?

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
All joking aside, I do think including Krystal would have done the SSB series good. The female representation could use a boost.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Because she didn't do anything important! Even in her debut game, all she did was get stuck in a rock within the first five minutes and stay there the whole game! Falco saved Fox's life. Krystal did zip. Plus, Falco is very recognizable, due to his having been a central character since the very first game and having appeared in all the games to date.

Sure, Krystal would have been pretty cool, but Falco is infinitely cooler, and was a shoe-in to begin with. If anyone got the axe for Krystal, it would have been Wolf.

Marth117

Smash Cadet
Okay Krystal should have been in the game, she would have been the most diverse Staf Fox character in the group. All the other character's are using blaster's and Landmaster's Krystal could have her staff from Adventures and used, honestly I think that she would have been better off to be in Brawl. Just because she would have brought change to the Starfox team. Also her final smash could have been summoning an army of dinosurs and having them stampede across the stage. Or the Krazoa.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
You want to know what I think? No you don't, as much as we would all like krystal we need to get over the fact that she nor ridley nor geno nor .... vaati ;_; ... are in brawl, welcome to smashboards

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Okay Krystal should have been in the game, she would have been the most diverse Staf Fox character in the group. All the other character's are using blaster's and Landmaster's Krystal could have her staff from Adventures and used, honestly I think that she would have been better off to be in Brawl. Just because she would have brought change to the Starfox team. Also her final smash could have been summoning an army of dinosurs and having them stampede across the stage. Or the Krazoa.
QFT. Trash Wolf and give his moveset to Falco, then bring in Krystal. Or just bring in Krystal. and if you can bring in another METROID REP FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

Marth117

Smash Cadet
QFT. Trash Wolf and give his moveset to Falco, then bring in Krystal. Or just bring in Krystal. and if you can bring in another METROID REP FOR GOODNESS SAKE.
Thank you finally someone who believe in that. I also think that another Metorid rep would have been a great idea instead of putting a pokemon trainer (no offense) they could have put one of the hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters in the game. But on subject here. Her moveset could have revloved around the staff and her specials could have been the magic attacks from the staff. Like the fire blast and such.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Um well Andross is the main villan..... so as a rival i can understand wolf being in. Possibly trading falco for wolf id be pissed but understandable. Falcos more popular then krystal she just started gaining popularity. Also, falcos a bad ***!She would have a unique move set but...I have a strange feeling the people who want krystal in is because she is a she and a pretty purple fox .....or into fox girls........ As a fem krystal isnt cool in my opinion as a female character she just boring added in for fox... yuck. Doesnt mean im not for fox getting his freak on however. I hope im wrong however cause that would be super lame reasoning...

Marth117

Smash Cadet
shes not in get over it
No I won't get over it, I understand that she won't be in Brawl even if they ever get the idea for a downloadable expansion pack. But still she should have been in the game, she would have been the most different character in the game, and when the bring back Jiggalypuff (Kirby's homosexual cousin). That just pisses me off. So until Krystal is in a Super Smash Bros. game I ain't shuting up on the subject.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I suggest you accept that she would have been a clone if she had been included. She probably would have been less unique than Falco, or had his moveset altogether, with Falco getting Wolf's current one. If she was in, she most likely wouldn't have her staff, which would give you something else to complain about. And if she had that, you'd probably complain that she doesn't have the right "feeling" or something about her voice.

She's not a very good character anyway. Besides, in case you didn't notice, there is no Star Fox Adventures content in the game aside from Tricky's trophy and a brief mention in Krystal's trophy description. All this game's Star Fox content comes from Assault. Short end of the stick, friend.

Kietharr

Smash Cadet
Krystal has been in what, three games? Falco and wolf have been developed characters since the game that essentially made Star Fox what it is today, Krystal came a game later. She wouldn't be a bad character but Falco and Wolf are both more important. Honestly she'd only be fifth if I had to compile a list of the best SF characters for Brawl, after Fox, Wolf, Falco, and Leon. Peppy and Slippy are too old and/or annoying, Pigma was stupid and Andrew died I think. ROB64 had his name taken so he's out too, poor guy.

The only character I really wanted to see that wasn't added was Issac out of Golden Sun because he would have been a pretty dang unique character with psyenergy and swordcraft. Also, I would have liked to have Gannondorf as we know him today replaced with Black Shadow with the same moveset (slow captain falcon) and Gannondorf should have gotten a moveset based on his actual abilities in TP/WW/OOT. Gannondorf is really too important of a character to be a clone of someone totally unrelated to his genre much less the series he's in.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
No I won't get over it, I understand that she won't be in Brawl even if they ever get the idea for a downloadable expansion pack. But still she should have been in the game, she would have been the most different character in the game, and when the bring back Jiggalypuff (Kirby's homosexual cousin). That just pisses me off. So until Krystal is in a Super Smash Bros. game I ain't shuting up on the subject.
then ill take a guess that your 9 years old because thats immature and against the rules to spam

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Krystal can't be in the next Smash Bros. The Smash Bros. game have been following a rule that the new Star Fox rep is always more badass than the last it can only be... THE GREAT LEON.

Seriously, I don't like Krystal. I think Wolf is a much better addition. To me, Krystal represents the downfall of the Star Fox series.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I doubt you really played a Star Fox game then. Wolf is not even a boss. He's more of a Anti Hero. The real main villain of Star Fox would be Andross and guess what? hes a floating huge monkey head that spits out Rocks,Rocks and polygons. And the fact that Krystal is also another pilot in Star Fox. well at least she better than slippy.........but not as good as Falco. AND the fact that Falco might become one of the senior members of the new Star fox (Peppy XD) makes him more important kinda.....

Hopefully Krystal will be more useful in the next Star Fox game..... UNLESS THE GUY YOU PILOT IS MARCUS

HURR HURR

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Falco is way better than Krystal. Falco has been around way longer than Krystal, there is no reason why he should be replaced with her.

I'm glad Falco's still in becuase he's my main.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Falco >>> Everything >>>>> Krystal

Fox - The main character of the Star Fox series. Obviously deserves to be in Smash.
Falco - He's to Fox what Luigi is to Mario. The one always by his side. He deserves to be in Smash.
Slippy - The technician and not really a fighter at heart. Doesn't really belong in Smash.
Peppy - The wizened veteran who's really only there to teach you the ropes. He doesn't have the fighting spirit of Fox and Falco, and he's retired.
Krystal - She doesn't really seem to have the fighting spirit either... I've never played Assault or Command, so I'm not sure here
Wolf - Fox's archrival. He and Fox are constantly fighting. He's to Fox what Bowser is to Mario. He definitely deserves to be in.
Other Star Wolf characters - Too generic, not a chance.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I honestly think krystal should have been in the game instead. why you ask? not because I like her more, or because I dont like falco, but because she would have had AN ORIGINAL MOVESET!!!! I want a realy good reason why you people think a clone of a clone is a better addition to this game than someone who would have been extremely original and fun to this game, not to mention the only staff wielder+ another female rep.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I'll give you 5 good reasons why Krystal not only shouldn't be in brawl but would also just be another clone:

5. Neutral B: Blaster from Staff
4. Side B: Krystal Illusion, bopping with Staff
3. Up B: More than likely Wolf's version of the Fire Fox
2. Down B: Dual Shines from the Staff
1. Yiffing Screenshots. -_-

Top Bottom