• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KPST - A New Low-Tier Kaillera Tournament - BRACKETS ARE UP PLAY YOUR MATCHES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Haha, I'm sure somebody will drop out, at least one person. With 32 people it's an eventuality.

YBombb: I'm playing with you in the first round. I'm free to play starting on Saturday (I have an exam Friday). PM me?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
After looking at the bracket for a long while, I realized that even though I pressed the random button, many high level players were at the top while none at the bottom of the bracket. I therefore just shifted down some matches and changed 1 or 2 to make it more balanced. Sorry if this inconvenienced anybody, but I kept most of the matches the same.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
AWESOME now I'm not against JaimeHR right off the bat.
that was the biggest reason for changing the bracket. When I pressed the random button I just published the bracket, because I truly wanted into be random but I had no idea that you would be vs jaime first round which i thought was unfair.

I hope this is more balanced for everyone =D

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nowhere on this thread do I see a tonshaad1230.

Am I seriously tripping or something?

walsh

Smash Cadet
lol you dont change brackets because people dont like their match-ups...wtf is dis...

Agreed man wtf is this?

Hey, I don't want to play against someone good either. give me only easy people till i get to the top!

D

Deleted member

He's just seeding it. He didn't do it right the first time, and now he's fixed it, it's no big deal.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
The brackets are staying the way they are. I would even get more complaints if I switched it up again.

@ star king, he seems to have removed his sign up message, which might mean he is dropping out. If I do not speak to him by the end of the day I will replace him w/ mahie.

-kuz

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I can't seem to locate the name YBombb, yet the name seems oddly familiar. Anybody know who he is?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm gonna be out of town for a week. I should get back on the thirteenth, and I'll play Novakane shortly thereafter. Is that all right?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I'm gonna be out of town for a week. I should get back on the thirteenth, and I'll play Novakane shortly thereafter. Is that all right?
I ave a strict 1 week DSQ rule. However because its only the first round I will let Gav decide if he wants to wait. If he chooses not to, if you dont play your match by the 11th it will be a DSQ.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So I just looked at my opponent's info...

Name: uberuzer
State/Province: new york
Emulator Online Play I Use: none
Time I can Play: depends
Day(s): monday tuesday
Contact(s): smash world fourums

lol wtf???? He only has 1 post too.

D

Deleted member

Well you best get yourself over to New York then!!! Play him at Apex, lmao.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master

.....wow if he actually doesnt play online ill dsq....just wow.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I ave a strict 1 week DSQ rule. However because its only the first round I will let Gav decide if he wants to wait. If he chooses not to, if you dont play your match by the 11th it will be a DSQ.
It's your tourney. If you want to DQ one of the very few people who has consistently contacted opponents and played his matches quickly in the past, so be it. But you might as well DQ Novakane as well- he lags, and is unable to fix. May I also say that you might want to refrain from hosting the future tournaments you indicate in the OP? Judging by the bracket shenanigans, unclear rules, and all-inclusive entry, you're doing a piss-poor job on this one. This coming from someone who was relatively satisfied with the way that MATTS!'s tourneys ran.

/rageattheironyoflosingtoNovakane

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
It's your tourney. If you want to DQ one of the very few people who has consistently contacted opponents and played his matches quickly in the past, so be it. But you might as well DQ Novakane as well- he lags, and is unable to fix. May I also say that you might want to refrain from hosting the future tournaments you indicate in the OP? Judging by the bracket shenanigans, unclear rules, and all-inclusive entry, you're doing a piss-poor job on this one. This coming from someone who was relatively satisfied with the way that MATTS!'s tourneys ran.

/rageattheironyoflosingtoNovakane
I understand your concerns and I am sorry everything has not run according to your standards. The fact I made a mistake with the seeding is correct but everyone was rushing me to make the brackets and I tried to fix it asap. You singed up for this tourney know I didnt want to wait more than a week for a match and then decide to take a week off. I will be hosting other tournaments in the future and you do not have to participate if you do not want to.

Sorry for the inconvenience again everyone.

Nothing against you battlecow but I made it clear in the rules

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I really dont want to wait

walsh

Smash Cadet
May I also say that you might want to refrain from hosting the future tournaments you indicate in the OP?

How about you host the next one Battlecow? Then we can all heap judgement on you for taking time out of your day to organize something to better the community.

Battlecow

Play to Win
How about you host the next one Battlecow? Then we can all heap judgement on you for taking time out of your day to organize something to better the community.
Walsh, man, you really need to shut up. You seem like a smart enough guy, but Cheeseball you ain't. Why you gotta be so confrontative all the time?

I shouldn't've been so hard on Kuzzy. You'd be pissed too if circumstances beyond your control led to your forfeiting a match against Nova. IMNSHO, it's okay to criticize the way someone runs a tourney even if they didn't have to run it in the first place. But your hearts are the right places, and you're new to smashboards, so Ima let this one go before A$ takes a banhammer to my undeserving hide.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
1. Tonnshad has been removed due to player withdrawal and has been replace by mahie

2. I pm'd uberuzer sheer, if he does not get back to me soon I will give you the win.

3. Because Gav does not want to wait, he automatically wins the match unless battlecow can play him before the 11th. I was going to let this one slide, but the way you labeled my best efforts to run a tourney for the community as "piss-poor" certainly does not persuade me to change my descicion.

I will still let you continue onto the losers bracket if you wish. But if you are unhappy with the rules set in place, I have others that would gladly take your spot.

4. As for the lag rules I already have that 3 DS's = DQ. I dont know how I would award penalties to people who just simply lag. I will think about this, any suggestions?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Anything noticeable lag=DQ. Only way to do it, really. Give them a chance to fix, of course. Some opponents might be OK with it, in which case they'd play around it. No one should be forced to do so, though.

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
Anything noticeable lag=DQ. Only way to do it, really. Give them a chance to fix, of course. Some opponents might be OK with it, in which case they'd play around it. No one should be forced to do so, though.
Emulator Play:
-You may play your matches on whatever emulator/server you like or through p2p
-p2p is preffered and in the instance that the players can not agree, the player who does not wish to p2p will be forced to play on the server of the other's choice.
-p2p is reccomended because everyone in this tourney should wind up with 1-4 frames which is very playable.
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but what reasons might there be for both players to disagree upon p2p?This is a Singles tourney right?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but what reasons might there be for both players to disagree upon p2p?This is a Singles tourney right?
Yes this is a singles tournament. Everyone should play on p2p but some just don't out of unability to host or laziness. However, the lag battlecow is talking about is not server lag. He is just talking about when an individual player is laggy due to wifi or other sort of bad connection. P2p will not fix this lag.
As for immediate dq's concerning lag I will think about it. If it does become a rule, I would need some way to verify this. Either by testing the connection myself or a message from the lagger confirming his dq

Mahie

Smash Lord
Name : Mahie
Emulator Online Play I Use: PJ
Day(s): depends
MSN : mahiedt (at) msn (dot) com
^ goes for mails aswell.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Name : Mahie
Emulator Online Play I Use: PJ
Day(s): depends
MSN : mahiedt (at) msn (dot) com
^ goes for mails aswell.
*FACEPALM"

I forgot you lived in Europe, this is a NA tourney only. My next one may include parts of the world other than NA. Sorry about that.

The next on the list was Zod so he will be put in vs star king first round.

Again sorry mahie! D=

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't fancy working my way up from the losers bracket. Wait 'til the 11th and if I haven't contacted Nova by then, take me out of the tourney entirely. There's a (small) chance that I may come across a suitable computer and connection at some point on my travels.

Sorry I was a bad person, Kuz. You know I still love you in a platonic but not entirely fraternal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom