• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
In P:M I want to main charizard, But i've yet to get the game working on my wii (a.k.a: yet to sit down and actually try to get it to work)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I love Link in that game so much. I can camp 3x as hard and his projectiles come out so quick in that game. Pit is so weird & seems bad in that game :/ idk how Armada wins so much with him.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Pit just isnt defensive at all in P:M which is good, Arrows are like a tool to help with approacing rather than to camp. I have a feeling you struggle when it comes to up close encounters, eh gadiel?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So I was thinking about making a new thread for this, but the idea of a new thread nowadays is like a few post and then people forget about it and it dies. I just want to know what everyone does in certain scenarios. Also we need better topics of conversation since AP is gone.

Falco is camping on the end of FD or whatever stage and you slowly approach while shielding his lasers. Or falco just got back to the ledge and is looking to get back onstage with a surprise phantasm.

What do you do when he uses phantasm? I usually try to powershield it and then punish with an arrow or hard punish with a smash if he's close. Been thinking about trying to time an interruption with utilt, jab, or angel ring so we can get a guaranteed punish taking advantage of RCO lag.

Thoughts?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
R@ven i'd love to play.

Message me bk if ur down.

@Luckay i generally stand just at the tip of dtilt range/his get up attack range and try to wait and react.

But most falcos ledgehop phantasm. and if u space it like that utilt can beat it practically everytime.

Also i like to pay attention to their invincibility frames. Cuz most falcos stay on the ledge too long so u can angel ring to get em off and set up a bad situation for them.

As far as punishing a phantasm i try rolling behind it and then punishing it. Or shielding it and Buffer DA/ turn around arrow like u.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dawg i ****ing got you. ill tell you all about that ****. i ***** a solid falco player game 2 and 3 named blondie in a money match with these reads.

1. when your approaching falco on fd you need to watch around wat spacing YOU are at when the particular falco player will phantasm. when you find that zone you get close to it and slowly work him towards the edge. when they start to realize that they are cornered a lot of them will try to phanstasm early. when you see the start up animation for it if you were within invulnerability range you can do a hyphen smash towards the center of the stage to cancel it. most of the time when you do that one of 2 results will happen.

a) your usmash will hit the vulnerable part of the phantasm and set up for follow ups or juggling.

b) your usmash will clash with it and leave you at a couple of extra frames advantage as falco will cancel and enter his 2 frame landing lag or even more if he had RCO. at this point you should buffer a dash attack in which ever direction he is and it will hit.

2. at the edge if you know they are gonna do not just a sh phantasm, but also if they do sh ANYTHING, ledge hop, just stand on stage, or just hang there. one move started from one point covers all of those options. space your AR to where it will hang JUST BARELY over the lip of the stage. it beats the the start up of phantasm, beats out all of his rising aerials, hits his hanging fingers, catches the ledge hop, and pushes him back off if he stood up. after that one 4 things can happen:

a) he will stuck without his jump and be forced to either eat around 50%-80% until his percent is high enough for him to DI through the pushing wind box back onto the stage or he will fall and die.

b) if he stood onstage that means you knocked him off and you either also eat his second jump and proceed to situation A or he will jump back and try to phantasm through possibly succeeding.

c) you will **** up your spacing and take him offstage with yourself and be at a very favorable aerial postition.

d) they will ledge roll through you and not get hit by this but allowing you to now mix up which options not listed above you want to cover.

edit:

blondie im sorry i did this broken **** and planked you really hard. you didn't deserve both

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Pit just isnt defensive at all in P:M which is good, Arrows are like a tool to help with approacing rather than to camp. I have a feeling you struggle when it comes to up close encounters, eh gadiel?

he got down taunt spiked in doubles at whobo by dphats luigi if that says anything about how he spaces and reads and chooses options when people get up close :rotfl:

im not picking on you gadiel but that **** was way too funny when it happend. what were you thinking when he came up like that lol?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I love to camp. I'll admit my upclose game does need a lot of work. I still feel like Pit is better suited in Brawl, but I haven't played enough Project-M Pit to know for sure.

he got down taunt spiked in doubles at whobo by dphats luigi if that says anything about how he spaces and reads and chooses options when people get up close :rotfl:

im not picking on you gadiel but that **** was way too funny when it happend. what were you thinking when he came up like that lol?
That was Kuro! lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
LOL i didn't see it coming what can i say. I was trying to bait him to backair me so i could ff back air him. And he just taunt spiked me :laugh:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ur hand should never be going through the stage when your planking luigi. you should know to space the blade with ur hand offstage. why would someone like dphat run offstage and get herp derped by bair? no johns. horrible choices were made

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
soooo anyone like project melee? I can't use pit in that game cuz it messes with my brawl pit, but lucas is sooo stylin

Ike that is all

Edit: I don't really care what goes on this thread as longs as it benefits the other Pit players and doesn't cause AP to rage at everything I'll be fine. Though watching him fight with people on teh webz is lawlz anyways.

Coffee™

I need it....
R@ven i'd love to play.Message me bk if ur down.
Sorry I didn't see your post before I got offline, but normally I'm home around 6. I can play anyone that wants to around that time. Just shoot me a pm. Idk maybe I can help you guys out with your Pit game some.

ur hand should never be going through the stage when your planking luigi. you should know to space the blade with ur hand offstage. why would someone like dphat run offstage and get herp derped by bair? no johns. horrible choices were made
I think I'll probably touch on this next in my problem thread. Most of you guys are pretty horribly terrible on the ledge. >_>

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So what is everyone's favorite taunt? utaunt is the fastest and I like the sounds his swords make when he twirls them around but dtaunt is my favorite. I like how he just starts levitating like he is a legit angel. I would do this taunt in someones face in tourney lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I love to camp. I'll admit my upclose game does need a lot of work. I still feel like Pit is better suited in Brawl, but I haven't played enough Project-M Pit to know for sure.
P:M Pit is very good in its enviroment, hes just so different from brawl pit that its a wierd transition.
As for close range brawl pit. I personally find it easy to relate it to a footsies scenario in Street fighter with a shoto.
youve got your weak, speedy close range option which will most likely lead to more damage with following hits (Jab for pit, LP in street fighter).
you've got your real fast close range option that will get them off you thats super punishable if avoided (Utilt/Usmash(DA to a certain extent too) OOS with pit, SRK in SF)
You've got your longer range poke which is pretty much safe when spaced and put you in a favourable position (Dtilt with pit, Cr.MK in SF)
You've got your longer range tool which basically puts them in a pretty bad situation and leaves you with some breathing space, but a little punishable if avoided (Dsmash/DA for pit, Cr.HK in SF)
Of course you have grab, which needs to explanation

I could continue, but thats the gist of it, at least how it works in my mind (im not all that sure where i class DA and Dsmash though)

Do the reflex and mimic the taunts when u win.
Oh, You mean someone else already does that? darn

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Sorry I didn't see your post before I got offline, but normally I'm home around 6. I can play anyone that wants to around that time. Just shoot me a pm. Idk maybe I can help you guys out with your Pit game some.

I think I'll probably touch on this next in my problem thread. Most of you guys are pretty horribly terrible on the ledge. >_>
I'd be down to play tomorrow man.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not dead, not just yet. I decided to wait nearly a month to see what will happen in my absence, and I can say that 3 things happened that I knew would happen. That would be the occasional mention of my name, an old Pit (for this case, R@vyn) would be a bit more active, and the other one I rather not speak about for the sake of the rules.
A break was most likely what I needed, but I'm aware that the cycle is very likely to happen again. So I'm going to do a new experiment if I have enough time, since I'm kinda found other things to do as well.

And just to clarify, I still don't travel, so don't buy that fake entry from few pages back.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
I'm not dead, not just yet. I decided to wait nearly a month to see what will happen in my absence, and I can say that 3 things happened that I knew would happen. That would be the occasional mention of my name, an old Pit (for this case, R@vyn) would be a bit more active, and the other one I rather not speak about for the sake of the rules.
A break was most likely what I needed, but I'm aware that the cycle is very likely to happen again. So I'm going to do a new experiment if I have enough time, since I'm kinda found other things to do as well.

And just to clarify, I still don't travel, so don't buy that fake entry from few pages back.
Oh wow I was going to finally respect you but you continue to disappoint like usual. no offense.

Esca

Smash Champion
Many backyard Pit owners assume their Pits are molting when they lose their feathers, but look at other reasons for feather loss first. It can be difficult to tell if backyard Pits are in molt, because many of them molt at different times and in different ways. Some lose their feathers a little at a time and grow them back a little at a time. Some lose all their feathers and stay naked for four or five months. If you can rule out everything else, then you can blame the feather loss on molt.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
kk

Up close vs Falco around 0% is not wise to combat him in close quarters. Camp the SV platform or any platform on the stage until you take around 36% and maybe you'll tack on some damage to Falco with arrows. It sounds bad to not fight until you take that much percent, but it reduces his follow ups. The point is to ensure that Falco does not gain momentum from his cg bull****. Also just fyi, Pit has two fthrows and then stutter step fsmash on Falco at 0%

2:40 That was a good glide cancel to jab.

3:28 In that situation it is safer to go to the other side of the stage, but Archer was being dumb and it worked out for you lol.

Nothing much I would say to work on in the first game. Just don't fall into the chaingrab at 0 and you should be fine against a Falco of Archer's calibur lol. If he camps then use more angel ring to reflect the lasers back. Also work on shooting arrows from the air at falco, if done correctly they can even get around his reflector.

vs MK

7:00 nice dsmash on his nado and good dash attack punish on the second nado.

You seem to throw out a lot of smashes on shields, which is good if you are facing a less patient mk, but just know that won't always work on a mk that shields more often. Pummel more with your grabs and utilitze uthrow at higher percents. It does the most % and your other throws are pretty much not going to net you anything useful except sometimes you dthrow and bait out an airdodge for a bair read.

But ya, solid Pit. Keep up the good work n stuff.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Stingers, I really enjoy watching your Pit. You really have a greater fundamental understanding of the game than most Pits who have been maining him for years like me.

One thing you do really well is to not rely on arrows but use Pits close-range and grabs effectively. You are already a step ahead in that department. Pet peeves I have are that you can pummel a bit more, but thats super nik-picky.

I noticed that both in the Falco/MK games that you abused Fsmash as a punisher OOS, but I'm here to tell you know now not to rely on it and go for jabs which are 1 frame faster, have less cooldown and overall safer because you can double tap up on c-stick for infinite jab that cant be grabbed. Try to work on OOS upsmash/uptilt/dtilt & shield DId grab punishes as well as far as ground moves. Basically work on ur punishes w/ Pit and use Fsmash to kill and punish when its safe.

You dont understand how punishable it is, I know Im wrong but I think it has somewhere like 20 frames of lag if it doesnt hit. Falco can dash attck upsmash everytime if you hit his shield, and MK can dash grab/tilt/smash, and dont forget about tactics like spotdodging the 2nd hit for no shield knockback and getting a free punish like a Wolf Dsmash in the face :(

I'm just letting you know now that Fsmash is high-risk high reward so use it right :p

But bro you are on the right track. I saw some other nit picky stuff, and mainly just mess around w/ Pit more and his movement abilities. Watch Masashi for control wise because he has the best control of Pit imo.

Also, another thing to keep in mind is your arrow spacing and making sure ur using arrows w/ your brain and not getting punished for using them. If you feel you can get punished in anyway, don't use it.

I didnt see you get punished for it really but just thought I'd let you keep that in your mind while playing. GL bro, you know I'm always here to help.

Top Bottom