• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOTC - Teaser Tournament for Brawl and Melee 02/28/09

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
King of the Couch is back and running smash once more to see were the community is at. This tournament will be running melee and brawl singles, and players are able to enter both events if they wish. Payout is set at $100 for both events (All payouts are based on the number of original paid signups, if less than the designated players, the payout will be 50% of funds brought in from original signups. If signups reach 32 or more payout will be increased from the original payout of the event.). Once again, this is a teaser tournament to see how well of a turn out KOTC will have for smash. Rules are posted below and if there are any question please post them and I will get to them ASAP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31 Schrieffer Street
South Hackensack, NJ 07606

Schedule
Registration and free play begins at 9am
Melee and Brawl singles begins 12:30pm
If time allows there will also be doubles

Entry Fee
$10 Melee
$10 Brawl
$5 entry fee if you are not playing in either event

Payout
$100 1st place melee
$100 1st place brawl

General Rules
₪ BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS

₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.

₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a store official/TSA member). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

₪ All events will be double elimination

₪ All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

₪ In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick (if requested) - both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.

₪ Stage Strike Rule
• For each set, ONE stage ban is allowed.
• If a player chooses to ban a neutral stage, the banned stage will not be played if it is selected on random, nor can it be counterpicked.
• Each player is given one reset for random stage section during the beginning of the first match.

₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - A player cannot counter pick a stage on which they have already won a match in a set. In best of 5 sets, this rule is not always enforced, since counterpick stages are gay and we encourage our players to stick to neutrals.

₪ The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
When leaving the venue, please let me know and if there is a way to contact you. If you do not give me any notice, and your match is being called, the Mages DQ Rule will come into effect.

₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.

Melee Rules
₪ 4 stock
₪7 minute time limit
₪ Items will be turned OFF.
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
₪ Wobbling is banned.

Stage Lists
Neutral Stages
• Final Destination
• Battlefield
• Fountain of Dreams
• Dreamland 64
• Pokemon Stadium
• Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages
• Corneria
• Rainbow Cruise
• Jungle Japes
• Green Greens
• Brinstar
• Onett
• Mute City
• Poke floats
• DK64

Banned Stages
All other stages not listed are banned

Brawl Rules
₪ 3 Stock
₪ 8 minute timer
₪ Items are set to "off" and "none"
₪ No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
₪ Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
₪ If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
₪ You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
₪ Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
₪ Stalling is banned.
Dedede's Standing Infinite IS BANNED

Stage Lists
Neutral Stages
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Smashville
• Lylat Cruise
• Yoshi's Island (SSBB)

Counterpick Stages
•Delfino Plaza
• Castle Siege
• Frigate Orpheon
• Battleship Halberd
• Rainbow Cruise
• Brinstar
• Pokemon Stadium
• Norfair
• Jungle Japes

Banned Stages
All other stages not listed are banned

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
We are getting large numbers with our other events and we are ready to bring smash back in a big way. We will start out with a "teaser" event to see how things go then the sky is the limit.

www.njhalo.com

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
You are hosting on the same day as I am. Your attendance is going to be ruined. You should move this to another date.

This scheduling conlfict is unfortunate and we were totally unaware.

It's part of a giant Gaming Event with 6 different games. I wish we could do something to maximize the attendence for both events but unfortunatley we are contracted with the venue on the 28th. The venue is in Bergen county NY about 8 miles from NYC. Our marketing is focused in the North Jersey / New York City area which is about an hour and 15 minutes from Princeton, we hope that the distance will ensure that both events have decent turnouts.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, you'll have other games, but people are going to come to my huge event for Brawl because I'm known as the best Brawl host in the state.

Good luck.

SilentSc0per

Smash Cadet
Well since this one is not as far as Inui's I'll see if I can drive to it. and besides

Who would want to go to Inui's tourney. :p

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Well, you'll have other games, but people are going to come to my huge event for Brawl because I'm known as the best Brawl host in the state.

Good luck.

Best host in the state b/c myself and WoZ have dropped out of the scene :p

I'll probably enter the Melee tourny if I'm not too busy with the Gears 2 stuff.

Also I'll do SFIV.

:D

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
Ive seen that. M2K did some pretty epic recovers after being meteor smashed 3 times and still able to recover. Well it wasnt this match but I had seen a different one though.
Those were classic events. Once Suicide Fox went to college etc we fell off a bit. Suicide has more time now, but is now our Gears Of War director.

The last event that Copy Cat and Woz ran was in November and we had 30 plus smashers, now Copy Cat is back and we are looking for similar numbers on the 28th. Check out our gallery to check it out.

http://www.njmaddenballers.com/gallery79.html

Top Bottom