• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ Parts With Team Liquid - Retires From Smash

Team Liquid has announced that Daniel "KoreanDJ" Jung has decided to leave the team and retire from competitive Smash due to injuries. In the official announcement Victor "Nazgul" Goosens had only positive praise for KDJ and sadness that he would be leaving the team. "I have gotten to know him as a kind and smart guy, and what I have admired most about him is his insatiable drive and dedication to become good at what he loves. We bid farewell to a great friend and one of the most admired stories in Smash history, and he leaves behind a legacy that can be rivaled by so very few."

A Sample Of KDJ's Violin Playing Featured In The Official Announcement

This is what KDJ had to say on the subject. "It is with a heavy heart that I will be officially leaving Team Liquid. It has been an honor and a privilege being in an incredible and supportive team. The loyalty and support from the managers and from Victor have been the best benefit of being on Team Liquid. I am forever grateful for the love and support of my fans even when I was struggling with my injuries. It truly meant a lot to me. Unfortunately, it is time for me to put an end to my Smash career as the progression of my injuries renders me unable to participate in tournaments. For me, leaving the team is the only way I can find closure in this up-hill battle. Team Liquid has been the pioneer of introducing the Smash community to the world of eSports, and I am forever grateful for it being the spark that made the scene grow to the scale it has become now. Though I will be leaving the team, I will always be a loyal supporter of Team Liquid."

It is a sad day to see any player retire especially due to injuries and with a heavy heart Smashboards wishes KDJ the best in all future endeavors.

Last edited:

Comments

Not tryna be mean or anything and I feel bad for him but this is what happens when you play Melee how they play now, it wasn't meant to be played that way and the way people play it f***s up your hands.

I met KoreanDJ when I traveled to a SoCal tourney and stayed at NealDT's house where he was also housing. It was me & t1mmy from Oregon along with two of Washington's best SilentWolf and Tori (later to go by the name DJ Combo). I struggled to take more than two stocks off this new guy's Captain Falcon which I thought was a fairly ok matchup for Pichu. Little did I know he was going on to be a bigger player nationally, a MUCH bigger player. Daniel was a lot of fun to play Smash with, very polite, happy, and just made the game more fun. I think that's a big part of how someone can be so good at the game, because they are having so much fun getting better.
Hope there will be more great things he can do outside of Smash, because that kind of light in someone like he has can shine in many different ways. Thanks for the games, Daniel, and thank you for all the excitement and fun you brought to tournaments and to the spectators of the game we gather to play!

Yo man, KDJ was the reason I got into competitive melee
Thnx for what you've done KDJ, I'll miss u

Last edited:
He was already retired all he did was leave Team Liquid. Sorry, but when PPMD goes to more tournaments than you I don't consider you an active player
k

Way to be heartless. and way to not respect the people wh brought this game to what it is now and subsequently made you in particular a loser to far less people.

Last edited:
I didn't know KDJ on a personal level, but I remember at Apex 2014 (my first national) he and his buddies from Boston played us for hours even though we were scrubs. He has a huge heart and is someone everyone can get along easily with. Much respect to him as a player and a human being.

Top Bottom