• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Claw --> Flying Slam

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
I noticed his Side-B move got changed, check his Character-Profile update, it got B-moves added. Anyways, I don't know if he was playable at any demo, if so... what has changed? Or is it just the name?

Loftis

Smash Rookie
Hello "Mr Prophet", yes Bowser's SideB makes him klaw before doing a Galaxy style body slam, it's old news.
Whoa, let's not be a jerk about it. He's just asking.

And yes, Bowser's side move has totally changed he still grabs him with his klaw, but instead of biting/throwing his victims, he jumps into the air and bodyslams them. ...kinda. It's a bit hard to describe, but you can look up some e for all vids on youtube and see for yourself.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Ya it's different now he grabs the other character jumps in the air and pile-drives them into the ground

S2

Smash Lord
I've actually heard his slam is better than Koopa claw was in Melee.

Granted Koopa Claw was awesome, especially when you got a few bites in first.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's different, and looks to be much improved. I think Bowser is definitely one character that has been upgraded big-time. I really like Bowser as a character, so I don't mind this at all. However, I do fear that maybe he will end up broken, having both mass power and good agility/speed. I wonder how all of this is going to be counter-balanced.

e319

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is bigger and badder now, and his moves are more brutal than in melee

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to make a new thread about the Klaw when theres already one here soo here's my question.

Can the opponent break out of the Klaw during the Suplex? If not, I'm sure we can use this to our advantage with Bowser-suicides.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I don't want to make a new thread about the Klaw when theres already one here soo here's my question.

Can the opponent break out of the Klaw during the Suplex? If not, I'm sure we can use this to our advantage with Bowser-suicides.
I don't think they can

I heard that bowser is going to be top tier in brawl
Yes and I also heard that Mario will be bottome tier and Sakurai himself is playable in the game :rolleyes:

Also- I herd u liek mudkips?

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
In the most recent video of Bowser Vs. Ganondorf on WiFiWars, the Koopa Claw is much better. The Bowser player uses it in three different ways, he uses it without moving, so he bodyslams in the same spot he grabbed, he uses it so Koopacide, and then he uses it in the air, slamming both himself and Ganon into FD from off the ledge.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The Claw was so cool though, oh well.

Bowser looks much better this time around.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, who dies first when doing the Koopacide? I saw a vid with Ganon vs Bowser and it seems like they both died at the same time (I checked by looking at the "angelic" platforms and they seem to reappear at the same time).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
BOOZERCIDE

hahaha <3 i hope gimpy jumps up and down when he sees the boozercide

Arkane

Smash Apprentice
Flying Slam? That's a suplex, buddy. A suplex done by Koopa. IT'S A KOOPLEX!!

SpikeFiend

Smash Rookie
If nobody can escape from the suplex, and bowser gains a one-stock lead, does that mean he can just keep using the koopa claw and win?

EvilGenki

Smash Rookie
In Gimpyfish's video there's a comment at the bottom that says that the overB has no flinch frames?! Is that true? Does this mean this move blows through everything?

EvilGenki

Smash Rookie
...WHOA! So is the entirety of the startup for the move non-flinching? According to WGW's guide he says that the sideB has fast startup and also minimal lag afterwards. If this move also doesn't flinch, that makes it sound like a pretty unstoppable offensive tool! What's stopping someone from throwing these out every second that there is, besides the low range?

shockfrost

Smash Apprentice
...WHOA! So is the entirety of the startup for the move non-flinching? According to WGW's guide he says that the sideB has fast startup and also minimal lag afterwards. If this move also doesn't flinch, that makes it sound like a pretty unstoppable offensive tool! What's stopping someone from throwing these out every second that there is, besides the low range?
Countertiming and rolling/dodging, as well as attack angle.
Also, I imagine the flinching starts happening again when Bowser's damage % gets high enough . . . but that's a loose guess.
Many characters have plenty more reach, or projectiles, etc...

trading damage is simply part of a good Bowser strategy. Building it in, is wise.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Countertiming and rolling/dodging, as well as attack angle.
Also, I imagine the flinching starts happening again when Bowser's damage % gets high enough . . . but that's a loose guess.
Many characters have plenty more reach, or projectiles, etc...

trading damage is simply part of a good Bowser strategy. Building it in, is wise.
No, the proof of the no-flinch frames was during Sudden Death, so Bowser was at 300% and still didn't flinch from Lucas' forward smash.

Sairanen

Smash Rookie
about bowser claw, when u use it on a opponent it's not always u who choose witch direction u are going to fly, it's the player whos choose direction first, so going backwards is realy tricky, trust me :p

and when both have 1life left and u do the Claw Suicide, u win, it's not goiing to be sudden

and one more thing, in ssbm u stop when u did the claw now u continues to float forward and that is realy great =)

thats all fo me
Mvh Sarjen

Sairanen

Smash Rookie
In Gimpyfish's video a few posts earlier in this topic this doesn't seem to be the case
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21esqeZ8QVU

Have you seen Bowser win off a last-stock suicide sideB somewhere? I wonder if it could perhaps be dependant on the size of the character you are doing it to?
yes i have seen it and i have done it on almost every charakter, even on squirtel how at least looks like the smalest one :p

and i have new information about the claw, it's the one with lowest percent thats decide which direction u are going to, im not 100 about this but so far it has been like this, i will keep u updated :p

Top Bottom