• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kong Help

kyb

Smash Rookie
hiya ppl.

i recently decided to try n main DK because i remember him being soo much fun in SSB64 but , im having some problems with DK :(
ive seen in some videos, people dash and manage to Bair but keep their forward momentum, it doesnt look difficult but i cant get my head around it and i kno itll help my game a lot.

also, the sideB headbutt, i hardly ever manage to land it, and when i do iam sure they dont always get stuck to the floor, and when they are stuck to the floor, is it any smash will KO?

cheers.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
If you want to dash forward to bair (reverse aerial rush, RAR), you need to set your C-stick to perform specials. This, and other applications of doing so, are detailed here.

(This is as far as I know — if there’s another way to RAR, someone please tell us. :))

kyb

Smash Rookie
thanks...
yeh i try this all the time but it jsut doesnt seem to work, i really need to get a GC cntroller, stupid wii-mote.
about the headbutt, any suggestions when/how to use it?

ah yeh, another thing, Dair, i never seem to hit with it wen i try to spike, i only use Fair to spike which ive heard is harder. when i try Dair i miss and end up fast falling, leaving me to an embarassing death. :O

Veggi

Smash Champion
thanks...
yeh i try this all the time but it jsut doesnt seem to work, i really need to get a GC cntroller, stupid wii-mote.

ah yeh, another thing, Dair, i never seem to hit with it wen i try to spike, i only use Fair to spike which ive heard is harder. when i try Dair i miss and end up fast falling, leaving me to an embarassing death. :O
I used to use dair a lot, but I switched most situations to fair. However, I use dair if I don't have enough time to use fair. A good set-up for dair is to cargo (forward throw) someone, take them to the edge and down throw. After that try to predict their second jump and hit them with a dair. Although in that situation I thought fair worked better as well.

When someone is hanging on the edge and likes to either jump above it or hang on to long, stomp them back down with a dair. Before you dair try jumping that way you won't accidently fast-fall.

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
The headbutt is one of my favorite moves in the game. I usually use it as a suprise attack when i know they have around medium shield. The headbutt eats through shield like it was cottage cheese, and if you can catch them offguard with a moderately damaged shield you will break it.

5yphon

Smash Cadet
the headbutt i find is easiest to hit when your adversary is around 60-70% (any higher you don't need to headbut because it is not worth it at that point) I always hit the headbutt when im on the ledge and i do the ledge attack when DK comes onto the edge then i run and tech chase the headbutt i think i have a vid of it ill post it soon

Vid is up i was bored this will help u and maybe some others too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7gAMx5OCg

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
hiya ppl.

i recently decided to try n main DK because i remember him being soo much fun in SSB64 but , im having some problems with DK :(
ive seen in some videos, people dash and manage to Bair but keep their forward momentum, it doesnt look difficult but i cant get my head around it and i kno itll help my game a lot.

also, the sideB headbutt, i hardly ever manage to land it, and when i do iam sure they dont always get stuck to the floor, and when they are stuck to the floor, is it any smash will KO?

cheers.
Its called RAR you dash forward then hit back and jump then do your Bair. DK's Nair is very good to so don't be scared to use it.When you mange to land a sideB at 45% below just do a Fsmash, when they are above that use your netrualB. You should have this charged at all times. From a few quick matches today I found that using DK's aerials can rack damage quick, so get them up there. Spam grabs but not the Bthrow, since it has killing potential at around 90% at the edge of FD.

kyb

Smash Rookie
cheers people,
ive really started to come along now with DK, its much more fun than I first thought!
i still dont really use the headbutt that much, but i try it every now n then anyway.

Top Bottom