• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Komorikiri Will Attend 2GGT: Abadango Saga

Who will win 2GGT: Abadango Saga?

• Abadango (Mewtwo, Kanto)

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • komorikiri (Sonic/Cloud, Kansai)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A SoCal native

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Someone else...

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

On September 24th, 2GGaming is hosting 2GGT: Abadango Saga at the Esports Arena in Santa Ana, CA. As its name suggests, Kanto’s legendary Pokémon wielder Yuto “Abadango” Kawamura will be flown in to compete against SoCal’s best players. However, it turns out that he’s not the only guest of note. That’s because komorikiri will bring his potent Sonic/Cloud duo stateside once again! This was just announced via a new event trailer, which you can watch below:

Once again, you have Sean “FAD | Pluto” of Studio Bidou to thank for this wonderful trailer.

Though komorikiri is easily the most consistent player in Kansai, he’s yet to make a splash at any US major. He finished 17th at both Genesis 3 and EVO 2016, which were worse results than projected for him. He has the opposite problem as Abadango, who’s more known for underperforming in Japan only to terrorize US tournaments. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues, or if komorikiri can show us his true power.

You can register for 2GGT: Abadango Saga here. Even if you can’t attend, you won’t want to miss this one. Either way, stay tuned for more announcements regarding this tournament and other 2GG events!

Last edited:
G.C. "Djent" Bill

Comments

Based on the list of attendees so far, I think that Abadango has the best chance of winning. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Komorikiri win, and I'm excited to see how Ito and Stroder do. I'll be sure to keep checking for brackets until they're released, and I'll be sure to tune in!

Top Bottom