• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoF XII. Holy ****.

Sieg

Smash Champion
This game is amazing.

I highly reccomend you find an arcade that has it.

Or you can wait till July till it pops out on console.

In anycase, XII and general KoF discussion thread for the hardcore fighter types.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
One of the best times was when I picked up KoF2002 from JB for $5. Great game that one.

KoFXII does look pretty sweet, only things are I don't like how Ralf and Clark look now, and the orochi team seems to be mysteriously missing. I know they needed to cut down the no. of characters for a series reboot, but still...

Sieg

Smash Champion
Well, apparently it took like 17 months to draw each character, so I understand the fact that there are like, only 18 or so characters.

Mature and Elisabeth got confirmed for console a little while ago, so I'm hoping that they'll release DLC for some more characters down the track.

Apparently theres hidden characters aswell.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I think K' got confirmed a while back, people are pretty sure Mai will be in it. And Mature always comes with Vice, so....who knows, maybe it will bulk up over time.

Until then, gogo Disco Iori.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I noticed Disco Iori was missing his disco leg belt, lol.

Iori doesn't seem that good to me in this game, but bare in mind we were playing on stick sticks.

Without his flame he just seems to have lost alot of his game, ie. projectile/uppercut.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
He still has his uppercut, it's just...different. But he can do pimp stuff, I've seen a combo something like:

Jump-in C, B, Command Throw, Uppercut(C variant), Maiden Masher.

His hops still seem quite fast which was always one of his strong points.

However without his flames he's only 50% as cool, at best. >.>

Sieg

Smash Champion
He seems to be the new Ken.

Went in today, pretty much can beat anyone who isn't Nick/Ryan, we're all pretty much equal.

Joe is pretty broken lol.

Stevenn

Smash Cadet
Nice to see some smashers that like this game as well, can't wait it looks great, the home console version is gonna have extra characters hopefully they'll answer the K' Dash rumors as hes one of my favs

I'm curious to try Ash Crimson, to me he looks like one of the best having 3 supers, Iori, Beni, Shen Woo all look good

Sieg

Smash Champion
I think there are supers that aren't shown on the cabinet moves list thingy.

Gonna have to try it out when I go there next time.

Ash. is, well. He's very easy to read. He's the Guile of this game.

Iori isn't good lol. I swear to god. Without his flame, he's really bad.

Shen Woo is awesome on the other hand lol, Beni looks awesome, but I haven't played him yet.

Want to play Mature on home version lol.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Aww hell yeah! KOF XII! Cheers Sieg!

Gotta play this one already. Can't wait!

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
So I'm going to assume there's some place in QLD where this game is and you're playing it......anyone know if Sydney has it or Blazblue in an arcade somewhere? Or any Guilty Gear AC?

Sieg

Smash Champion
So I was playing XI, and I got up to Magaki again.

He's almost as bad as Original Zero. But his projectiles are rage inducing.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Rugal's pretty frustrating in 2002. Any not-blocking move you do gets a 30% dmg genocide cutter to the face, followed up by a 40% super if he feels like it. >.<

Sieg

Smash Champion
But. Original Zero!

He reads your controller so that you can't projectile. Then when you run in, he pulls out his bull**** half the screen cape. It's literally impossible, even with 1/3 hp lol.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
So I was playing XI, and I got up to Magaki again.

He's almost as bad as Original Zero. But his projectiles are rage inducing.
Yeah to beat him should constantly roll then grab

Ryo looks really bad i miss his 2002 sprite

Kensou, Kyo and Kula are all awesome =D

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ryo is like.

Really bad in XII. From what I've seen.

He has some nice comboes and all, but tbh, he's like a worse version of Robert.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ugh, one character from my team isn't in the arcade version >_> (that being Yuri)

Some alternates of mine are in there though at least...I can always use Kim or Athena I suppose.

I hope there's the option of Random where it changes your character each round, like it did in 98 and in 2002 and any others I can't remember.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was a surprise when I was trying to choose characters to main lol.

I went random with 2 + Leona and kept getting different charas, except Robert.

I always got Robert. Going to play tomoz hopefully.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ash is a good camper, like Guile. I reckon he's a pretty good starter. I think it's always good to start out slow and get to your best charater later in the game.

Atm I think I might send Athena out first, the maybe 2nd character then Leona.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Finally had the chance to play this game.

It looks so...different! Everyone looks different!

The hell happened to Iori? I couldn't do his moves or anything :( I just kept doing some slashing move with him. Kim, Terry, and Athena are still cool to use. I didn't have much of a chance to play it much. :p

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Woot, got to play it today at supernova. Hilarious times were had against new people, just charging Shen's punch until it was unblockable.....good times.

Leona seems to be pretty good still, was finding it quite easy to land cr.B, cr.A, Moon slash. She might have seemed better than she actually is due to people not seeming to understand that you can't jump at her while she's charging down....

Top Bottom