• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KO percentage

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Well today I tested the precentage needed for various moves to KO.

I used Mario on the middle of FD, without DI. I counted it when Mario got KO'd on the side. (or star KO). I also forgot few attacks. Dash, ledge, get up attack and glide attack. Will update this once I try them. (I won't mind if someone else does it though :))

Heres the list:
Some attacks have better knockback when hit closeby, and weaker when hit further, hence the two numbers. The ones with (*) are Star KO's. I haven't tried over 350 on certain moves. All smashes are uncharged as well.

Forwardsmash:
120% - 121%

Downsmash:
133% - 150% (in front)
193% - 236% (*) (behind)

Upsmash :
130% - 143% (*)

Forward tilt:
155%

Down tilt:
206% (*)

Up tilt:
237% (*)

Dash attack:
141% - 185% (*)
175% (if you start to dash attack inside him or very close to him) (*)

AAA:
Does not kill under 350%

Neutral air:
~280%

Forward air:
159% - 171%

Back air
100% (sweetspoted)
300% (without sweetspot)

Down air:
145% (*)
165% if the target is in front (farthest possible) (*)
178% if the target is behind (farthest possible)

Up air:
172%

Glide attack:
130% (*)

Up throw:
201% (*)

Forward throw:
212%

Back throw:
~300%

Down throw:
Does not kill under 350%

Ledge attack:
Does not kill under 350%

Get up attack:
Does not kill under 350%

Fully Charged Arrow:
294%

edit: added glide, dash, get up and ledge attack.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Useful. The numbers indeed look right too. Thank you Son1x!

We should complete this by including DI and stuff.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i thought I read somewhere that the knockback in training mode is different Like it may not degrade, but it isn't the freshest

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I never heard about that. I'll try doing it in group brawl some time soon.

Coffee™

I need it....
Moves kill slightly faster in vs mode than they do in training mode.

Also I find it fairly funny how people list Ftilt as a decent kill move at higer percentages, yet never realised that Usmash kills faster = p

kown

Smash Lord
hey doesnt f tilt kill differently depending on how far away you are from your opponent? same with fsmash, dsmash

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Fsmash has a tipper on the second hit, I don't know if it knocks them any farther. Dsmash can hit 2 times if space it right. But other then that I haven't seen a real difference in the knock back.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Not sure if this was mentioned but Training Mode is especially gay. It doesn't play at all like normal versus matches do. I initially thought this just applied to stale moves but it is a completely different game it would seem.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
I think up smash is one of Pit's worse killing move. I think is kinda miss represented in the data. Does any1 uses the up smash for the kill? I only use up smash on heavy characters.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I only use it when I don't play any serious matches or on big target with a slide.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
This thread is more detrimental than helpful. Every character has different weights first off, so characters like Dedede will be KO'd at a later percent. 2nd, people will always DI, thus removing accuracy of the thread. And 3rd, moves will degrade.

It's nice that you put this thread together, but I think it will give people the wrong idea of when to use the attacks. Theres too many variables to actually put together an accurate list.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This is generally true, don't expect to be KOing a Bowser early unless you know special ways to KO your opponent and their character.

Top Bottom