• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

knuckles

Mackaveli

Smash Rookie
im glad they finally put sonic in brawl after he was SUPPOSEDLY supposed 2 be in melee.....but wat do u think if knuckles or tails were added as actual playable chars as well? then the player would have more options......sonic has the speed, knuckles has the power, and tails would have multiple jumps + glide giving him beastly edgeguard

jus kinda curious, but wat do u guys think?

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i really like knuckles a lot more than sonic, he would hands down be my main if he was in brawl. he just has more attitude and style imo.

plus he is just a badass..

this is how i look at it... compare marth and roy, well knuckles would be sonic's roy..

but i guess if you think about it, strip sonic of his speed and he has nothing haha.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Right from the start I said no to Sonic. I was mad enough about Snake entering the smash bros universe but sonic was going too far. I soon found out that I was wrong and now I main sonic. I think knuckles would be cool but tails would just suck. Regardless I don't want them in the game because they dont need to be in the game. They had to make a stretch to come up with a moveset for sonic and they basically repeated the same attack three times with slight modifications. Knuckles really wouldnt be much different then sonic so I don't think it would be a good idea. They should however make one of the colors for sonic make him look like shadow kinda how peach becomes daisy.

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
I think that ther only needs to be one sonic character.
But there should be 3 space animals, 5(!!) Legend of Zelda characters, 8 (!!!) Pokemon between Melee and Brawl, and a completely obscure character that came out of nowhere? (I'll bet 95% of the people on this board aren't even old enough to remember ROB, let alone know of his existence before this game)

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
But there should be 3 space animals, 5(!!) Legend of Zelda characters, 8 (!!!) Pokemon between Melee and Brawl, and a completely obscure character that came out of nowhere? (I'll bet 95% of the people on this board aren't even old enough to remember ROB, let alone know of his existence before this game)

Yea especially when all three star fox characters are very similar. They cloned link (again). The characters have unique movesets at least. The pokemon are getting out of control esp because not many people even know who lucario is whil everybody knew mewtwo.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Right from the start I said no to Sonic. I was mad enough about Snake entering the smash bros universe but sonic was going too far. I soon found out that I was wrong and now I main sonic. I think knuckles would be cool but tails would just suck. Regardless I don't want them in the game because they dont need to be in the game. They had to make a stretch to come up with a moveset for sonic and they basically repeated the same attack three times with slight modifications. Knuckles really wouldnt be much different then sonic so I don't think it would be a good idea. They should however make one of the colors for sonic make him look like shadow kinda how peach becomes daisy.
Actually I would think Knuckle's move set would be completely different than Sonic's. I actually came up with one if anyone cares to hear about it.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
lucario had a movie thats why they put him in it
yes I know that but there are many people who don't know that.

Actually I would think Knuckle's move set would be completely different than Sonic's. I actually came up with one if anyone cares to hear about it.
I would actually like to hear it because I'm thinking primarily original sonic games and minor things such as Sonic Adventur 2 Battle. The diversity of "attacks" in the Sonic universe is a bit limited imo. But I am curious how you think the moveset would turn out.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I would love knuckles to be in it. He would be a powerhouse which i like!

Mewtwo > Lucario =\ i was disappointed Mewtwo wasn't in it. he was awesome cause he's mewtwo.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles would no doubt be cool but he wouldn't satisfy my desire for speed which Sonic did more than a good job at doing.

As for removing Mewtwo: I miss him too esp cause he was my second main in melee. Lucario's attacks are too slow though I try to play as him.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
yes I know that but there are many people who don't know that.

I would actually like to hear it because I'm thinking primarily original sonic games and minor things such as Sonic Adventur 2 Battle. The diversity of "attacks" in the Sonic universe is a bit limited imo. But I am curious how you think the moveset would turn out.
Now I have an excuse to post this :bee: .

Knuckles moveset:

A:

A+A+A: C. Falcon style rapid punch
F Tilt: Kick good for spacing (he would be holding himself up with one hand while kicking forward)
D Tilt: DK style hand sweeper.
U Tilt: Animation looks like Marth's UpSmash but with his fist (Mario Uptilt knock back)
Dash: Slide Punch, large forward hitbox (Looks like his third punch in Sonic Adventure)

Smashes:

F Smash: Powerful haymaker followed by optional secondary smash haymaker
D Smash: Mario tornado style spin (only one revolution)
U Smash: DK style Upsmash but fists pounding together instead of a clap

Areals:
Nair: Mario style karate kick
Dair: Diddy Kong style spike
Fair: Sonic/Falco style fair but with fists out
Bair: Back kick (like everyone else)
Uair: Midair Uppercut

Throws:
D throw: Throws to ground and pumbles enemy with his fists
F throw: Headbutt
B throw: Tosses enemy behind him and performs a spin kick
U Throw: Grabs enemy by throat and uppercuts them upward

Specials:
Neutral: DK style charge punch (Or C. Falcon style)
Forward: "***** slap" which acts as a projectile deflector/dash attack deflector or just an weak attack.
Down: Digs hole in the ground. (Like Snake laying a mine). If an enemy steps on where the hole is (its invisible) they will fall through like the pitfall ball or DK's headbutt. Only one hole can be active at a time.
Up: Meta Knight style soar sweep. Attacking will cancel his flight

Jumps: Two jumps and if you hold down jump Knuckles will glide until he lands (progressively falls). His recover/flight will be different from MK because he doesn't need to go up and down to stay afloat but you cannot control your altitude.

Like it? He would be kind of a mix between C. Falcon/DK/Mario/Sonic and Meta Knight with speed, power and a decent priority.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
I'd like to hear it. Shoot.

Either way, knux would have been cool. Personally, I would have rather had him be Sonic's assit trophy over shadow.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles is no roy to sonic, sonic and knuckles are two totally different characters and ther movesets would be nothing alike.He beats the hell out of thing with his fists. Knuckles would be bad ***. They went ahead and added sonic and snake why not add knuckles. i would main him in an instance. I like tails it'd be neat if they put him in. Id like a sonic two style sonic and tails team more then just tails by himself.(like iceclimbers)I wonder if they would take in account his climbing ability, maybe pull like a charizard fly but immediatly go into a grab since realistically you just had knuckles go through your skin. I like the move set, i cant deside between falcon or kirbys a+a+a but i think falcon's style would be more his. I would think he'd feel a lot like lucario in moving or mayeb falco would be a better example.

Knuckles is or turned into a figher, a bit slower paced since shadow came into the game they changed him into a "treasure hunter" he still kicks *** though. I dont know how I feel about the dig but i can understand why you would to put it in there. i wouldnt mind it if he came down like kirby or yoshi jumping in the air then coming down knuckles first. It migth be to strong with that though.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles is no roy to sonic, sonic and knuckles are two totally different characters and ther movesets would be nothing alike.He beats the hell out of thing with his fists. Knuckles would be bad ***. They went ahead and added sonic and snake why not add knuckles he'[s bad ***. i would main him in an instance. I liek tails it be neat if they put him in. Id like a sonic two style sonic and tails team more then just tails by himself.(like iceclimbers)I wonder if they would take in account his climbing ability, maybe pull like a charizard fly but immediatly go into a grab since realistically you just had knuckles fo through your skin. I like the move set, i cant deside between falcon or kirbys a+a+a but i think flacon style would be more his. I would think he'd feel a lot like lucario in moving or mayeb falco would be a better example.

Knuckles is or turned to fighting a bit slower paced since shadow cameinto the game they changed him into a "treasure hunter" he still kicks *** though. I dont know how I feel about the dig but i can understand how to put it in there. i wouldnt mind it if he came down like kirby or yoshi umping in the air then coming down knuckles first. It mgith be to strong with that though.
Maybe it could have minor knock back but good priority to balance it. The whole point of the dig would be to punish people with a smash or his neutral B like DK does, but something extra would be cool. And yeah, I could see him moving like Falco only shorter.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mackaveli, would you be so kind as to post my move set at the bottom of your first post? That would be awesome xD

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Opinions on the moves:

you forgot to take into consideration his ability to turn into a ball. Knuckles also isn't much of a karate-type echnida. He only uses his fists (never his legs). I also dont think that he would have a charge attack like dk. That would be stealing the attack altogether and it just doesnt seem in his character. I also think the dk-style sweep for his d-tilt is a bit out of character. I don't know why but something just doesn't feel right about the moveset. I admit that I would do no better but something feels off.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Opinions on the moves:

you forgot to take into consideration his ability to turn into a ball. Knuckles also isn't much of a karate-type echnida. He only uses his fists (never his legs). I also dont think that he would have a charge attack like dk. That would be stealing the attack altogether and it just doesnt seem in his character. I also think the dk-style sweep for his d-tilt is a bit out of character. I don't know why but something just doesn't feel right about the moveset. I admit that I would do no better but something feels off.
As for the karate part, Knuckle's is a martial artist (trophy even says it) and that kind of implies he at least knows how to kick but a ball is a good option too. The sweep was the only thing that really made any sense to me. As for his charge punch... I figured his B move would have to be something like that because it makes too much sense to me. Maybe a Captain Falcon style would be better.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Opinions on the moves:

so we should give knuckles spin charge? Since he does it in every game he has before dreamcast and Knuckles can turn into a ball in sonic adventure.

Knuckles's neutral B would be the heat knuckles attack from sonic adventure. It requires charging. I see Dig as a move to attack THROUGH platforms but works like bowser/yoshi bomb by going straight down.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Well to keep with the sonic style, the forward b could be the whole ball thing since he did use to do it. They have seriously turned his character away from being anything remotely sonic. Threw in shadow and hope we forgot about sonic's original rival.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
yea that makes sense. Poor knuckles is now a sidekick. O well imo Sonic games after Sonic Adventure 2 battle are all horrible compared to the originals. Especially Sonic Heros. I think the moveset could be tweaked but its not bad.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Knux is a highly stereotypical "i like to punch things yo!" character that many people think should be in fighting games... but he is way too predictable.

Things that made me sad-

No luv' for Metal Sonic- Claus gets a skin color in Lucas and Daisy in Peach why not MS or Shadow?

Shadow (Sonic Battle *GBA* style) as a playable character, Shadow had no spin dashes or homing attack and attacked using Chaos Controled Orbs (fireballs) whatever, it was just pretty cool even though that game was bad.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Knux is a highly stereotypical "i like to punch things yo!" character that many people think should be in fighting games... but he is way too predictable.

Things that made me sad-

No luv' for Metal Sonic- Claus gets a skin color in Lucas and Daisy in Peach why not MS or Shadow?

Shadow (Sonic Battle *GBA* style) as a playable character, Shadow had no spin dashes or homing attack and attacked using Chaos Controled Orbs (fireballs) whatever, it was just pretty cool even though that game was bad.
Knuckles wasn't originally intended to be like that and as far as I can tell they are moving away from that. Also I am a firm believer in the "Shadow killed the Sonic franchise" theory.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I would agree with you about shadow if Sonic Adventure 2 Battle wasnt such a good game. What killed it was the thought that since shadow existed then he needs to constantly exist even though at the end of the game he "died". Of course what ever happened to silver th hedgehog? He would be like mewtwo and sonic in one. Only problem is is that nobody knows about him.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles wasn't originally intended to be like that and as far as I can tell they are moving away from that. Also I am a firm believer in the "Shadow killed the Sonic franchise" theory.
Yeah he wasnt the I like to punch things yo when he first came out. He was the dont **** with my friends kinda hot head (can teach ike a few things) they did the whole rap thing to try and mix music with their new games. You know since the whole guitar thing belongs to sonic now. With that said at least knuckles has character, how can you think there would be any character at all in metal sonic(i know he has character just he doesnt stand out to me at least chaos wasnt another hedge hog). Shadow...i jsut dont know if they would do anything amazing with shadow. You might say "presence" would be what shadow would sport.
I personally loved sonic adventure battle the stages were fun but i havent played anything since.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Because the game Silverwas in sucked a**. SA2 was good... I just hate Shadow. This franchise is only big enough for one hedgehog... Amy doesn't count because no one likes her anyway.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Why did they just start spitting out new hedgehog characters I think there really jumping for popularity again. Stay old school man step back.

HolyNightmaren

Smash Rookie
To me Knuckles would play like a faster Donkey Kong, I'd rather want Tails who would be a tad more original. Beside I still want my Sonic&Tails Vs. Mario&Luigi fight.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
i really like knuckles a lot more than sonic, he would hands down be my main if he was in brawl. he just has more attitude and style imo.

plus he is just a badass..

this is how i look at it... compare marth and roy, well knuckles would be sonic's roy..

but i guess if you think about it, strip sonic of his speed and he has nothing haha.
That was in Sonic 3 that knuckles was badass.
now he seems like such a moron.
HOW THE **** DOES HE FALL FOR ROBOTNIK'S PLANS SO EASILY!?

*chokes*

Yeah he wasnt the I like to punch things yo when he first came out. He was the dont **** with my friends kinda hot head (can teach ike a few things)
??
When was this?
Last I remembered he was originally the mischievous guardian of the master emerald with wit and guile as his strengths with strength being secondary.
Cmon you must know what I mean. *poke poke*

R4ZE

Smash Ace
well actually, even in sonic 3 ... knuckles fell for arobotnik's tricks... its really like a running gag with knuckles... he is really an idiot, and always has been... but despite that.. he is angry, and powerful.

i think thats where he has character. "screw you guys, ima win anywayz"

a supporting theory on knuckles idiocracy: he was raised in seclusion, he is actually booksmart by story.. but street smart? heck nah man, he really doesent know how people are... he lives next to a giant emerald, and his entire species has gone missing.

as for shadow, originally i thought he was completely gay... but i mean, he is an alright character.. they made him cool enuff with a good enuff back story i think to be ok... but still i thiink they went way too far adding yet another hedgehog to the story with silver.

silver's backstory sucks too, and.... he sucks... i mean atleast shadow kinda looks like a badass, and he also isnt really as good as sonic in everything, because he skates where sonic runs. Shadow also has a completely different personality than sonic which is kinda nice... Sonic is like the goku, and shadow is the vegeta... i think we can all respect that.

ok but ultimately... if i were running a company... i wouldnt add many hedgehog characters in story/game where the main guy is a hedghog.. thats just killing it. and i wouldnt have added shadow if it was my call, and definately not silver... they have like.. so many other animals they could go with... i think the maker must have some kinda hedgehog obsession...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think shadow is ok like having the dark version of yourself kind of character. Silver.. i was like why the hell is there another hedgehog.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sonic Adventures 2 sucks as well... I mean I want the old sonic games back running through levels and battling robotnik, why don't they just do it like old games just in 3-D.

I mean the scenes and story of SA2 seems dumb and the whole jumping from sonic to knuckles to tails (tails mech was ********) was dumb. Only cool part of game was final boss with super sonic and super shadow at the end.

Top Bottom