• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

knuckles

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
What I dislike about Knuckles is mostly how the fans act around him. I understand people thinking that he could beat Sonic in a fight. In simple terms, he's strong, and Sonic's fast. QED, he would fare better in a fight, right?

Nope. Fighting is all speed, baby. Here's a simple physics lesson.

When one body (Let's call it Mario's face) is impacted by another body (Call it someone's fist.), the major force acting upon the first body is the momentum of the second. Momentum is expressed as the weight of a body multiplied by the velocity of that same body. And as anyone can tell you, Sonic moves faster than sound. Bullets also move faster than sound. QED, a punch from Sonic is like getting his in the face by a bullet the size of a hand. Or, if you insist, a kick.

Simple terms: The faster something moves, the more it hurts when it beans Mario in the face.

So how is Knuckles stronger? Well, he does probably have more weight than Sonic. And to lift and carry boulders, he must have an incredibly dense skeletal structure and musculature. So no doubts about who'd beat who in armwrestling. And yeah, lifting power can be important in a fight. But mostly defensively, unless the other guy holds still long enough to get grabbed.

There's more to it as well. Ever seen professional Martial Arts matches? Those guys move fast. Watch a Bruce Lee movie. He'll be right there, eying you like a crispy wonton and then BAM. You don't even see his hand move. That is momentum in action.

Point is?

SONIC would beat KNUCKLES in a REAL FIGHT. ARGH.

[/Rant]

Of course, Brawl is not a real fight. But then again, this thread isn't really about Brawl, is it? It's about what Brawl might have been.

And I'm all ranted out for today, so Volbound? You live.

For now.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Another grand idea would be adding Espio though he has very little back story or anything he is still cool.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Bruce lee doesn't have spiky fists that can break boulders by just running through them (Sonic 3&K).
First of all, yes he does. Bruce Lee beat Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee can do anything.

Secondly, I did say real fight. Maybe I was just unclear, it happens to me a lot. Here it is in simplest terms.

Speed wins fights. Not strength. Sonic moves faster = Sonic creates more momentum = Sonic hurts more. You don't break a guy's nose by bench pressing.

The walking through walls thing simply means that Knuckles is denser, heavier or somehow more solid than the rocks. Sort of like how you might drive a tank through a boulder, but you won't put a bullet through it. (Then again, there are some really powerful guns out there.)

Once again, I'm talking about real fights here, not smash bros.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Technically, the dense body structure could be the reason he's capable of taking blows so easily. You forgot to mention pressure as well in the sence that a bullet has a larger force/area ratio than Sonic's foot or hand. Knuckles can throw punches at lightning speed *and* has points that can exert high pressure on his fists. Sonic has to overcome the force of knuckles' punch and endure the pressure at the same time.

II technical.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
If you ask me Knuckles has no more motivations of being a protagonist than Tails or even than Amy. Sonic has entered in the series just because he is the storic rival of Mario, and people fantasized about a crossover match between then since the 16bit era. That's all.
But on one thing I have to agree: Knuckles must be a totally dumb to fall all the times in the same trick. Whoever gave him the charge of guardian must be not very smart too.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I response to my knuckles fights ofr his friends thing i was just generalizing. I know that wasnt his personality I was just saying if he had anything ti be more of this. His style now is more of the original poster original comment about kunckles.

I'd be happy to see tails for nostalgia sake but I think i'd be a lil bored, I'd probably like him more then sonic but nothin in me is like OH GO FOR TAILS! did someone mention amy...? No...no i hat e that there are so many annoying fems like her in video games. It would be my personal goal to destroy her if she was.

Top Bottom