• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knowing when to glide toss?

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
If my experiences from melee taught me that learning AT is the easy part, but know when to use it was the hard part. When I first learned how to wavedash, I used it carelessly. When I learned when to use it, I realized its effectiveness. I recently learned how to glide toss with my favorite little chimp, and since most of you guys learned it way before me. I wanted to know when is it most effective to use?
Thanks

DUB

Smash Lord
Ermmm. Well I got a good idear for you. Consider it a wavedash. Use it to space. Use it to retreat and throw a naner. Use to to go into a Dash Attack/Grab after a naner. Just a good tool for spacing.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's all about spacing, think of it as wavedashing but you've got a naner thrown afterwards

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
dont forget that u can glidetoss to smash, glidetoss- fox trot to Dsmash when exist more distance between you and the opponent. For mind games, like glidetoss down or up to do something else.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
when to glide toss...?

WHENEVER YOU WANT, BABY!

good for approach, diddy's best way to move around, pretty much staple in diddy's amazing ground game

IDK

Smash Lord
only about 1/20 times do i throw a banana without glide tossing.

10dribbles

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
It is definitely a wavedash to me. I use it as I normally would use a wavedash and am only limited by my bananas. I use it to mindgame (glide toss down throw back and forth, glide toss up throw, glide toss back throw), I use it to approach, I use it to retreat.
It seems that all situations of Diddy Kong's call for glide tossing. As important as knowing when to glide toss is knowing when not to glide toss. When near an edge, I do not glide toss. After I have glide tossed multiple times, I do not glide toss. If I am versus another Diddy Kong, I sparsely glide toss my own bananas, rather using my opponent's bananas against him.

Top Bottom